• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fc honka

No chance they'll reach the semis. The talent in Germany and level of it dried up.
In contrary actually. There are more talents coming out in Germany than 5 years ago. I dont say they would reach the semi with this Confed team but for sure it is a good team. I dont know from where you got this "dried up" nonsense.

France is very strong at the moment, too. They have the strongest forward talents in the world.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
In contrary actually. There are more talents coming out in Germany than 5 years ago. I dont say they would reach the semi with this Confed team but for sure it is a good team. I dont know from where you got this "dried up" nonsense.

France is very strong at the moment, too. They have the strongest forward talents in the world.
Germany and BuLi expert @Toby Andrl agrees with my nonsense.

France have the strongest line of talents in all positions followed by Spain, Argentina, Italy, Portugal and Brazil imo. Germany below that.

Care to name the talents?

Last edited:

fc honka

Who the **** is Toby Andrl???
If you put Germany below Italy and Portugal, I dont think we have nothing to discuss about. But now I understand your Özil hatred much better.

4R5Emaniac

If you put Germany below Italy and Portugal, I dont think we have nothing to discuss about. But now I understand your Özil hatred much better.
Well now I understand you are basically clueless about football on top of being incapable of forming a solid argument which you yourself got into. Either discuss properly or **** right off.

What have you understood about my Özil hate from this? :lol: Clown.

fc honka

Well now I understand you are basically clueless about football on top of being incapable of forming a solid argument which you yourself got into.

I remember seeing a list of the Daily Fail, the 30 best Talents in Europe. And English newspapers dont fancy Germans very much. That list included 5 Germans with Sane in 3rd place. Only France had more, Germany was clear second. Did not see many Italians or Spanish players on that list. Italy had one, he is goalkeeper. I think taking an english newspaper as an example is more than fair in this comparison.

Just give it up mate. You just dont like Germans.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Well now I understand you are basically clueless about football on top of being incapable of forming a solid argument which you yourself got into. Either discuss properly or **** right off.

What have you understood about my Özil hate from this? :lol: Clown.
Do you genuinely believe the level of talent in Portugal, Brazil and Italy is above that of Germany?

Agree with France but the rest....

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

That would be me. Always nice meeting good mannered people.

And I have to agree with @4R5Emaniac , if you think that german Confed Cup squad would go through to WC semis and is anything but dross...you really don't know too much about german football. Heck, people didn't even bother to turn up and see them play in their friendlies on german soil, cause everyone now's that squad is, apart from a couple of players, absolutely woeful.

Regarding german talents, maybe quantity wise you are right, but quality wise definitely not. The generation of guys who started playing for Germany WC 2006/ EC 2008 are levels above what's being touted as the "big" talents right now.

Toby

Do you genuinely believe the level of talent in Portugal, Brazil and Italy is above that of Germany?

France is definitely top of that list right now. Italy has some very interesting young players coming through, probably on par with Germany. Brazil and Argentina, I don't know too much, they seem to alway put out good offensive players but lack in other deparments, but that might have changed. Portugal now, I don't see too many great youngsters with them...

My top 3 would be France, Italy, Germany, in that order.

fc honka

That would be me. Always nice meeting good mannered people.

And I have to agree with @4R5Emaniac , if you think that german Confed Cup squad would go through to WC semis and is anything but dross...you really don't know too much about german football. Heck, people didn't even bother to turn up and see them play in their friendlies on german soil, cause everyone now's that squad is, apart from a couple of players, absolutely woeful.

Regarding german talents, maybe quantity wise you are right, but quality wise definitely not. The generation of guys who started playing for Germany WC 2006/ EC 2008 are levels above what's being touted as the "big" talents right now.

Maybe you should read my post before commenting. I definitely did NOT say Germany would go to semis with that Confed team.

Qualitywise, you dont think f.ex. Sane, Max Meyer or Julian Brandt are top notch? Just a few to mention.

4R5Emaniac

I remember seeing a list of the Daily Fail, the 30 best Talents in Europe. And English newspapers dont fancy Germans very much. That list included 5 Germans with Sane in 3rd place. Only France had more, Germany was clear second. Did not see many Italians or Spanish players on that list. Italy had one, he is goalkeeper. I think taking an english newspaper as an example is more than fair in this comparison.

Just give it up mate. You just dont like Germans.
I don't know if I really should entertain this. Some list compiled by Daily Mail? :lol: You have got to be joking.

As for ze Germans, I openly absolutely LOVE Toni Kroos. I rate him as high as some of the greatest midfielders I've ever seen. Lahm is one of my all time favorite players. Jerome Boateng is totally awesome. I think Marco Reus would have been one of the best players in the world if he weren't injured all the time. Gundogan if not for injuries would have surpassed Schweinsteiger. I could go on and on about my love for Germans.

But honestly its hard to take this argument any further than this.

4R5Emaniac

Maybe Portugal and Germany would cancel each other out but definitely think Brazil and Italy have more talents emerging.

fc honka

I don't know if I really should entertain this. Some list compiled by Daily Mail? :lol: You have got to be joking.

Well as I said, it might not be the most accurate list but a fair one if you consider there are 5 Germans on that list :) There are numerous rankings in the internet and I guess the ratio should be the same on most of those.

Toby

Maybe you should read my post before commenting. I definitely did NOT say Germany would go to semis with that Confed team.

Sorry got you confused with another guy, but with all these users on here, who the **** is fc honka?

Regarding the other half of your post: Sané, yes, he's one of the few german talents I actually rate very much. Meyer and Brandt not. Seeing them week in, week out, there's nothing too special about them. Especially Meyer has stagnated since breaking into the first team 4,5 years ago. No inch of progress with him. Decent Bundesliga player, nothing more.
Some others who I think could come good are Henrichs, Werner, Süle, Goretzka, Dahoud, Philipp. With all others I am highly sceptical if they're "top notch"

fc honka

As for ze Germans, I openly absolutely LOVE Toni Kroos. I rate him as high as some of the greatest midfielders I've ever seen. Lahm is one of my all time favorite players. Jerome Boateng is totally awesome. I think Marco Reus would have been one of the best players in the world if he weren't injured all the time. Gundogan if not for injuries would have surpassed Schweinsteiger. I could go on and on about my love for Germans.

Fair enough. At least you named some good players. I have to disagree on Gündogan though. Great player but cant see him surpassing Schweinsteiger even if staying without injuries. Bastians leader qualities are unique as he showed in the WC-final. Lets hope Reus and Gündogan get a few good years without injuries.

I still cant understand you putting any other country over Germany talentwise than France. Have to dig more into Italy though, dont know their youths very well. Italy used to be my favorite team in the 1980:s.

Sorry for off-topics.....

Last edited:

4R5Emaniac

Well as I said, it might not be the most accurate list but a fair one if you consider there are 5 Germans on that list :) There are numerous rankings in the internet and I guess the ratio should be the same on most of those.
I think you should watch them and trust your own evaluation. Don't go on believing everything you read.

fc honka

Sorry got you confused with another guy, but with all these users on here, who the **** is fc honka?

:lol:

Regarding Meyer I see it otherwise. He has had problems for the last 2 years but he is only 21, lets not forget that. I see a top level talent in him. But than again I dont see anything special in Goretzka and Phillip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Top Bottom