• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Emirates Cup: Saturday, 29th July 2017, 16:20 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not quite sure why he does it, but it's become a habit now. As a pro you can't really be doing that, any sort of pressure on the ball is useful.
The thing is, there's actually no point in him chasing back. Especially when he has forward momentum and the guy who's tackled him has already passed it 10+ yards away.

But it does look terrible, makes me cringe every time. For what it's worth, he does track back when he has a chance at actually winning the bank. I think he's just a guy who plays the percentages.

YaGunnersYa

Shouldnt we be playing Lacazette upfront so he can get used to our team and system and vice versa? Isnt that the point of a pre-season?

Honestly, elephant in the room here but Wenger might actually be starting with Giroud upfront at the start of this season with Lacaz wide.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Can see Wenger going with Kolasinac at home and Monreal away.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Laca didn't help Kola with that, needed a bit more weight.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Well... you sub off Theo and all the fun goes out of the game.
He really made this game watchable. He was scoring goals, linking up in midfield and showing our defenders how to defend. Ospina is lucky he didn't go in goal and do his job.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
The thing is, there's actually no point in him chasing back. Especially when he has forward momentum and the guy who's tackled him has already passed it 10+ yards away.

But it does look terrible, makes me cringe every time. For what it's worth, he does track back when he had a chance at actually winning the bank. I think he's just a guy who plays the percentages.

I think i've seen him do it a few times when there is genuine opportunities to win it back or close down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Top Bottom