• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Brentford 2 - 0 Arsenal | Friday, August 13 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Brentford

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 33 21.6%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 74 48.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The 2nd goal gave me war flashbacks to a red and white striped team, that Wenger eventually vanquished, but still gave us some horrible experiences!

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
?

That was far from the worst. Made several blocks (including on the first goal, which sadly got messed up after), won several headers and for once began to shoot on goal again. Which both went somewhat close. (Which is actually some positive as he needs to get that side of his game back) His worst action of the game was getting disposed in the first half, but that lead to nothing.

Not his best by far, but he belonged to the ones that really tried. (For obvious reasons)

Didn't see the first 30 minutes but he got overrun in the middle at the end of the first half and nearly back passed for a goal. Got going a little in the second half but seemed sluggish and passive to me. I've been defending Xhaka in other threads but thought he was pretty bad tonight. We got outplayed by Brentford and Lokonga shone next to him... He may have been trying, but if he can't improve we're in massive trouble

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
looking forward to seeing the midfield kid play with Partey at somepoint maybe it will allow us to try 433

desperately need Gabriel back as that defensive group + Leno look undersized & easily bullied

the attacking is just on its knees under Arteta

Observations
1. We had no CF. Both Martinelli and Bologun badly need a loans. The latter does show a little bit of maturity in his game though. We need to sort out this area like yesterday!

2. Signings were spot on. Loks will be a beast. Tavares has been interesting every time I've seen him. White wasn't perfect but he's been good. All in all that was 3/3:clap:

3. Smith Rowe will be amazing as will Saka. **** it, they already are amazing:love:

4.We badly need a left sided creative player and maybe a deeper lying creative ( Madison) Auba is not that. Nelson needs a loan. Really badly. I suggest Aour.

5. The fascination of some here with Pepe upfront was very very lazy. This guy doesn't know what to do at the centre.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Anyway Lukaku next and scary counter attacking Chelsea. We really screwed no Partey to get midfield more solid not sure laca and auba will be in right mind set to play here. It's just frustrating we do that every season leaving things late

Tom Mix

White had one good long forward pass tonight.50 M.

Holding can defend a little bit. 2 M.
Me I'm old-fashioned. I want my centre-backs to defend well, win tackles and win headers and generally be dominant. All this passing the ball at the back is dated nonsense which only works for teams who can outstanding their rivals by a factor of three.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
They decent but really nothing special they gonna give them credit but forget they played Arsenal with non of thier 2 scorers and we gift them too goal. Toothless Arsenal had 22 shots against them ffs imagine what decent attack going to do if they had that amount of shots
Agree wouldnt write them off being a strong relegation candidate

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Didn't see the first 30 minutes but he got overrun in the middle at the end of the first half and nearly back passed for a goal. Got going a little in the second half but seemed sluggish and passive to me. I've been defending Xhaka in other threads but thought he was pretty bad tonight. We got outplayed by Brentford and Lokonga shone next to him... He may have been trying, but if he can't improve we're in massive trouble
Xhaka was Xhaka... Like most games almost gifted them a goal when he was caught in their press. Slowed everything down unless he gets the ball on his left side, turned towards the opposition goal and in space. Then he was good in moving ball along. You will have seen this game many times...

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
:confused: It was a poor start you have to give Brentford props though.

ESR, Tierney & Saka when he came on did ok.

Pepe did a pepe, Martinelli didnt really do enough on the left kinda like Auba, only Saka looks up to that job.

Defence was Poor.
Easy with hindsight after the event but Holding would imho have done better & a different RB.
Back 3 may have been better?

tbh It reminded me very much of a Wenger Team playing Stoke away We had the ball, didnt create enough & got done by their physicality up top.

We had an Inexperienced side tbf perhaps if Auba & Laca or more experienced striker would have made a difference, hard to say.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Where is Xhaka, the "captain"? And where are Xhaka’s defenders? Explain this.

After last year (especially the second half) I have no idea how interviewees are even chosen, so I don't know what I should explain. It's not by the players themselves, because that was some random ****.

We had that exact situation with Saka or Nketiah (I think) last year.

Lokonga had probably the best individual performance, so maybe that's why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 24

Thomas Partey will leave this summer. Arsenal have multiple targets lined up to replace him [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are still in the market for a recognised #9 despite the recent good form of Kai Havertz [Fabrizio Romano]

The club may accept that the time is now to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with just two years left on his contract [The Athletic]

Arsenal may sanction a loan to raise Aaron Ramsdale’s value if they can’t recoup their fee for him this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal are among a host of Premier League clubs hoping to sign Irish sensation Mason Melia (16). Melia, who is already playing first-team football for St Patrick’s Athletic in the League of Ireland, cannot move to the UK until he turns 18 due to Brexit rules [Evening Standard]

Juventus like Thomas Partey, and Napoli will try to sign him before June 30 as well [Di Marzio]

Bruno Guimarães’ entourage hope to receive proposals from at least two Premier League clubs, with the player’s priority wanting to remain in England. Guimarães’ £100m release clause, which expires next month, can be paid in three annual instalments. [UOLEsporte]

Latest posts

Top Bottom