• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Look at these ****ing shills. “Bumps in the road” being defeats in any game against a team with half decent attacking players. The bollocks they were spouting in Sky the other week flowing through their Twitter fingertips.

We deserve to lose games with idiot fans like these fools.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He was here for 18 months prior to project youth with terrible results; he really should have gone during this time and would have at almost any other club. So there is probably some jealousy on Henry’s part
I understand Henry and he feel should be part in this club but he pro if he evolve as manager not only us but all clubs will want him. Look at Vieira and Gerrard for example Henry should just follow thier step

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

At a push, but it’s 100% not something we should be opting to do. White should be there before him comfortably.

Not my type of RB, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with Tomi and he’s actually playing his socks off. Not an area we should be scrutinising (in my opinion).

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Arteta get free ride because it's club fault they chose him to build a team so in 2 years time the new manager will have team not only still young but good to manage Arteta won't stay here forever the expectations will raise and if he fail the club will act rightfully.
But the problem Yousif is that you can't build anything good on poor foundations. Yes if we look at the actual individual players as raw "materials" per se then yes there's some quality there. But if you give these materials to bad builder like Arteta and ask him to build the foundation of a house for you then he's going to **** it up and waste them and the next guy who comes in is just going to have to rip a lot of it up and start again.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Can he?

I wouldn't really want him playing on the side of his weaker foot, feel him coming into field would cost us even more goals...think he needs to stay on the left, with his play style.

Didn’t you watch that game at Anfield when they kept on switching sides, him and Tomiyasu?

Cancelo is right footed but plays on the left. It can actually give you the added threat of cutting in a striking one top bins similar to Robben, Bale etc.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He is good he is in beginning of his career let's not forget he set his team well from the beginning he read the opposition very well before the game specially this season but if he continues doing the same BS than he just another mid manager that afraid to be adventurous and just over doing with the negative tactics.
I mean so far all he’s proved is that he’s a midtable manager. I understand that some things he does are good but we judge him on everything he does.

How would you go about proving that Arteta is a good manager? You’d actually struggle to do that.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Didn’t you watch that game at Anfield when they kept on switching sides, him and Tomiyasu?

Didn't really notice that, tbh.

I remember them switching sides once, but that was because we were defending a set play and they couldn't get back to their original positions for a bit.

Not saying it can't be done at some point in the future, but I wouldn't trust Nuno to play as an inverted fullback yet, he isn't refined enough defensively at the minute.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I am going be the last one laughing when we are 4th at season's end, even though I have technically already turned against him since the Brentford game.

You'll see, you'll all see!

If we end up 4th I'll personally see to it that @<<reed>> surgically replace his face with his current avatar :lol:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

At a push, but it’s 100% not something we should be opting to do. White should be there before him comfortably.

Not my type of RB, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with Tomi and he’s actually playing his socks off. Not an area we should be scrutinising (in my opinion).

I’m a fan of Tomiyasu but I think come the end of the season, we’ll be discussing the lack of threat down our right hand side. Pepe, Martinelli and Saka have all struggled at times down that right hand flank this season and even last year with Bellerin.

Not sold on Ben White at all, he gives me that feel of these current crop of England CBs…Maguire, Stones, Mings, Coady etc whereby they might look half decent during 20 minutes of a game but there’s always part of you that feels like a serious error is around the corner, strangely I don’t have that with Gabriel or even Tomiyasu.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I’m a fan of Tomiyasu but I think come the end of the season, we’ll be discussing the lack of threat down our right hand side. Pepe, Martinelli and Saka have all struggled at times down that right hand flank this season and even last year with Bellerin.

Not sold on Ben White at all, he gives me that feel of these current crop of England CBs…Maguire, Stones, Mings, Coady etc whereby they might look half decent during 20 minutes of a game but there’s always part of you that feels like a serious error is around the corner, strangely I don’t have that with Gabriel or even Tomiyasu.
As long as Arteta’s here I have accepted we will keep signing CB’s who can play RB. Arteta isn’t even going anywhere anytime soon.

Tomiyasu is good but he’s not for me. Luckily his passing and crossing kind of allows him to hang back the way he does. Although to say he never ventures forward is unfair on him, but it’s not really convincing when he does it.

I prefer how Liverpool do it, just have wingers there supporting the forwards and form a block in the centre of the pitch.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Even Mourinho at his worst actually set his teams up to win a game 1 nil. This man literally sets this team up to play for a draw every match. It's an affront to football. No wonder he never made it at Barca. He's Basque with the footballing heart of someone from Burnley.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Didn't really notice that, tbh.

I remember them switching sides once, but that was because we were defending a set play and they couldn't get back to their original positions for a bit.

Not saying it can't be done at some point n the future, but I wouldn't trust Nuno to play as an inverted fullback yet, he isn't refined enough defensively at the minute.

I think Carragher pointed it out when Liverpool were attacking down the right hand side.

Ideally we would have signed a proper RB than trying to make Tomiyasu into a makeshift RB or Tavares into an inverted one but that mistake has already been made. The whole reason we signed Ben White was to improve our build up play from the back but there’s no point if our attacking play is non existent, so we might aswell go for a better defender than White in Tomiyasu to avoid conceding these cheap goals like tonight.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This is like "cult leader convincing his male followers to share their wives with him" levels of delusion

The default option now is just to lament the fact we signed a load of players under 24 and put everything down to inexperience. We didn’t lose that game tonight because the players were inexperienced, we lost it because as usual his team got a lead and then completely went into their shells. We lost it because he can’t put together a midfield who can string more than two passes together. We lost it because we can’t create more than one or two decent chances in a game.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think Carragher pointed it out when Liverpool were attacking down the right hand side.

Ideally we would have signed a proper RB than trying to make Tomiyasu into a makeshift RB or Tavares into an inverted one but that mistake has already been made. The whole reason we signed Ben White was to improve our build up play from the back but there’s no point if our attacking play is non existent, so we might aswell go for a better defender than White in Tomiyasu to avoid conceding these cheap goals like tonight.

Maybe in harder away games, we could play Tierney as the defensive RB and move Tomi central perhaps?

Though White is very useful in our home games, plus I am not sure Arteta would ever drop the guy he spent big money on...could maybe go 3 at the back in some games too.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The default option now is just to lament the fact we signed a load of players under 24 and put everything down to inexperience. We didn’t lose that game tonight because the players were inexperienced, we lost it because as usual his team got a lead and then completely went into their shells. We lost it because he can’t put together a midfield who can string more than two passes together. We lost it because we can’t create more than one or two decent chances in a game.
Spot on. Sometimes I feel like the buffer of Emeryball between Wengerball and Artetaball has made people forget what good chances really are. Wenger's 2017-18 season football is like liquid football compared to the sufferball we've been getting served for the last 2 years

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Were it not for the fact that United are absolute poverty, they'd have put 6-7 past us today just having the intelligence to whip balls into the box to Ronaldo. He had his way with Ben White. A better team with the same advantage would have pressed it. Ronaldo stood on him the entire match and never went near Gabriel.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom