• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Considering Transfer Targets: Summer 2022 🛒

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 14,044
  • Views 978,747

If we only make one more signing, which would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Anyone saying Zhegrova is a definite Pepe upgrade is just mental.

Pepe was arguably the best player in Ligue 1 outside of PSG when he left while Zhegrova just seems a decent player.

He could well be better but some of the Twitter freaks acting like Pepe is a Ryo Miyachi level player are ******.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
Always said with Pepe he's got all the skills needed to be great but he lacked composure a lot in the final third for us, I think he'd be great in a counter attacking team because he has more space to use his skill and speed. Often with us he'd get crowded out and was unsure of what to do.

Whilst I do think he had a decent shot it was by no means consistent either, Countless times he'd come inside on his left and fire the ball past the far post. More times than not I found him frustrating to watch only because the talent is there his brain is just a bit too slow in the final 3rd.

But composure can be gained over time. Was Salah always a clinical finisher for instance? Suddenly he bursts on to the scene like this.

I do not recognise him missing countless times when coming in for his left foot.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I do not recognise him missing countless times when coming in for his left foot.
He doesn't, end of last season aside when he was trolling the few times he managed it was a goal or a shot on goal.

When he's waiting on the centre circle that's been some of his best moments in an Arsenal shirt too. There's a lot wrong with Pepe but @Heskey is right people just make up stuff now.

Hopefully he goes and the club brings in someone more suited and we can all put this behind us.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
He doesn't, end of last season aside when he was trolling the few times he managed it was a goal or a shot on goal.

When he's waiting on the centre circle that's been some of his best moments in an Arsenal shirt too. There's a lot wrong with Pepe but @Heskey is right people just make up stuff now.

Hopefully he goes and the club brings in someone more suited and we can all put this behind us.

Exactly. His drive with the ball is something else really. He's shown it multiple times when he's gotten the chance.

By no means do I think he's flawless though.
But we've ruined him ourselves. He's had periods of great form that we stopped for whatever reason.

The slander he gets now is unsurprising as he's one of the last scapegoats. And the most expensive scapegoat to add insult to injury.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I totally agree and that's why I desperately want Paqueta and he was on my wish list before the summer. 1 in 5 goals throughout his career, no other midfielder we have been linked with have those sort of numbers.

I pray that Zinchenko is the Tavares replacement and Paqueta is the starting LCM, realistically I'm not optimistic.

This is why I see Paqueta as an option for us, his versatility allows us to cover the LCM, RCM and RW roles in the team. Furthermore it gives our forward line more options to work with both in rotation and goal scoring ability.

I think that may be the last signing for us this window, unless we look to sure up our defensive line with a KWP profile player, with Tavares going on loan.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I wouldn't mind holding onto Pepe for another year. He's always been great against EL fodder, and it will be much easier to sell him after one year with his numbers better than what they are now.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Would rather keep Pepe than get in another project player like Gakpo. Pepe has his faults but he is a good replacement of Saka is injured, good goal scoring winger especially if he gets a good run of games and can play LW too.

Jog him on. Lazy, inconsistent, one dimensional and no footballing IQ whatsoever.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

How the **** has some goof from US TV managed to become one of the most quoted transfer "sources"? They guy is an absolute blagger.
He started with Tielemans which obviously got him massive interaction from Arsenal fans. Realised he had a way into the gimp world and now jumps on any Arsenal story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 24

Thomas Partey will leave this summer. Arsenal have multiple targets lined up to replace him [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are still in the market for a recognised #9 despite the recent good form of Kai Havertz [Fabrizio Romano]

The club may accept that the time is now to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with just two years left on his contract [The Athletic]

Arsenal may sanction a loan to raise Aaron Ramsdale’s value if they can’t recoup their fee for him this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal are among a host of Premier League clubs hoping to sign Irish sensation Mason Melia (16). Melia, who is already playing first-team football for St Patrick’s Athletic in the League of Ireland, cannot move to the UK until he turns 18 due to Brexit rules [Evening Standard]

Juventus like Thomas Partey, and Napoli will try to sign him before June 30 as well [Di Marzio]

Bruno Guimarães’ entourage hope to receive proposals from at least two Premier League clubs, with the player’s priority wanting to remain in England. Guimarães’ £100m release clause, which expires next month, can be paid in three annual instalments. [UOLEsporte]

Latest posts

Top Bottom