• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Granit Xhaka (Out)

Will Manberg/Bergman complete the five stages of grief before the window opens?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DuBB

Granits done us a favour here, and by the sounds of it it’s something that’s been in the pipeline for a while.

If we can move on from Xhaka and Partey to Rice and Caicedo in one window that would be immense.

I wouldn't want to lose both Partey & Xhaka because it would mean we'd still need to bring in at least one more player closer to the level required for rotation.

We'd improve the first 11 for sure with them both, but we'd be in a similar place depth wise.

One of Partey and Xhaka can go, and it's looking like Xhaka, because I don't see us buying 3 midfielders this window

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

So according to Wheatlely Xhaka has already told MA he is leaving ? Be need a few mids then .

DuBB

Why is everyone saying goodbye to Xhaka because of a Wheatley tweet? Is he even well connected to the club anymore?

I don't think it's simply the Wheatley tweet, I think the amount of news coming out about Xhaka is snowballing and more and more reputable outlets and journalists from both sides (UK/Arsenal and Europe/Bayer) are putting their weight behind it.

Early on it felt speculative, now it is beginning to feel realistic (not quite inevitable, but getting there) so people just start to naturally come to terms with it and begin to futurecast the various scenarios and fallouts around it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully he get nice send off against Wolves. Fab sometimes copy other journos so I'd wait for more confirmation

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

There's room for him in the squad, but not much for the PL. Rice, Xhaka, Partey, Jorginho and Patino is enough for FA Cups, CL & PL.

I do think however, Xhaka could leave so it leaves us room for another. Maybe Partey goes but I doubt it.

Sometimes you have sit back and realise I know my stuff. :bullseye:

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I don't get it. It's obviously nice for him to leave on a high, but he deserves to play in the CL here.

We need competition next season and even if Rice is planned for this position, we have nobody else for this position. Smith-Rowe doesn't look suited for the way how Arteta wants to play.

IrishGooner93

Bergman on suic1de watch...

Improved both his performances and discipline the last year or so but if want to be ruthless and close the gap on city this is a position we can upgrade along with centre half and striker. Would rather keep Granit than El Neny or Partey even now at this stage though.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I don't get it. It's obviously nice for him to leave on a high, but he deserves to play in the CL here.

We need competition next season and even if Rice is planned for this position, we have nobody else for this position. Smith-Rowe doesn't look suited for the way how Arteta wants to play.
He wants to leave. Nobody is kicking him out the door. He finally had a good season here and won a lot of supporters over. Good for him and good for us to turn the page and upgrade. Win/Win for all parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom