• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Had a look at some photos next to players whose heights we know - I'd guess 185 or 186. Shorter than he looks on pitch, but a lot taller than Wikipedia has him at!
Well, you arrived exactly to the same conclusion I made when looking at a photo.

But naturally this forum ridiculed me for doing that, rather than trusting blindly some web information, which we know for certain is not always correct. :lol:

This is the photo I used, and got into an argument with @field442 and @El Duderino laughed at my post:

Nah, Toney is more like 186 cm. He is next to Roeslev who is like 184cm, and Raya is like 183cm. He looks a bit taller than those.

FdLVLRpXkAQj_5y

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Well, you arrived exactly to the same conclusion I made when looking at a photo.

But naturally this forum ridiculed me for doing that, rather than trusting blindly some web information, which we know for certain is not always correct. :lol:

This is the photo I used, and got into an argument with @field442 and @El Duderino laughed at my post:

You're using the web information for another players height to guess Toney's?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Toney is pretty good technically btw. Probably the most underrated part of his game is that he makes his teammates look better and still scores goals. I don't think he'd be a bad signing at all, just don't think he's the kind of player Arsenal (under Arteta) will sign, mainly for off-pitch reasons rather than quality on it.

Even still, I reckon Toney scores less goals if he comes here. This isn't a system for goalscoring strikers really. The team seems more preoccupied with sharing the goals around. I would imagine that if we sign a purely goalscoring striker that the team itself will score less goals (particularly likes of Saka/Martinelli, they're the real shooters in the team right now).

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Toney is pretty good technically btw. Probably the most underrated part of his game is that he makes his teammates look better and still scores goals. I don't think he'd be a bad signing at all, just don't think he's the kind of player Arsenal (under Arteta) will sign, mainly for off-pitch reasons rather than quality on it.

Even still, I reckon Toney scores less goals if he comes here. This isn't a system for goalscoring strikers really. The team seems more preoccupied with sharing the goals around. I would imagine that if we sign a purely goalscoring striker that the team itself will score less goals (particularly likes of Saka/Martinelli, they're the real shooters in the team right now).
By off the pitc do you mean purely the betting stuff?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

They are not real shooters. They are actual providers. In this forum I have heard it’s easier to be keeper, defender, midfielder and now striker as it’s easier to score for Brentford than Arsenal. The excuses are silly. Toney plays with players who are more of strikers in mbuemo and wissa. Saka got as many assists as wissa and mbuemo

Nunowoolmez

Established Member

I know what you are getting at, but I think the way you've articulated it comes across as a negative, which you might not have meant to.

Going back to peak Wenger, we always had a striker to spearhead the attack to score most of the goals (Wright, Anelka, Henry, Adebayor, RVP), but supported by an attack who would chip in with a substantial amount combined (Pires, Overmars, Freddie, Bergkamp, Wiltord, Theo, Reyes, Kanu), & then midfielders like Rosicky, Fabregas, Parlour, who could also contribute.

Last season was a bit disjointed due to Jesus' injury, & we saw only glimpses of how the team would operate to it's full potential with Jesus. For us to really challenge, Jesus has to be 'The Man' & he has to become a lot more clinical. The offset to this is his overall contribution to our attack which cannot be diminished.

Toney is clearly a better out & out goalscorer. Im not sure he can quite match what Jesus brings to our overall play.

In an ideal world we have a hybrid of Jesus & Toney. Someone like Rashford is close to that.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I know what you are getting at, but I think the way you've articulated it comes across as a negative, which you might not have meant to.

Going back to peak Wenger, we always had a striker to spearhead the attack to score most of the goals (Wright, Anelka, Henry, Adebayor, RVP), but supported by an attack who would chip in with a substantial amount combined (Pires, Overmars, Freddie, Bergkamp, Wiltord, Theo, Reyes, Kanu), & then midfielders like Rosicky, Fabregas, Parlour, who could also contribute.

Last season was a bit disjointed due to Jesus' injury, & we saw only glimpses of how the team would operate to it's full potential with Jesus. For us to really challenge, Jesus has to be 'The Man' & he has to become a lot more clinical. The offset to this is his overall contribution to our attack which cannot be diminished.

Toney is clearly a better out & out goalscorer. Im not sure he can quite match what Jesus brings to our overall play.

In an ideal world we have a hybrid of Jesus & Toney. Someone like Rashford is close to that.

Long term I think it’s always better to have a reliable goalscorer. What we achieved last season was unique and should be respected as I can’t remember since watching the pl a team having 3 non strikers score over 14 league goals. But my worry is that it’s not sustainable and people should not sleep on proper nr 9. For example if the next Haaland emerges, it shouldn’t stop us going for him thinking it’s not our style. It’s never bad to have a great scorer

GDeep™

League is very weak
He doesn't have the mental strength that Sol had to make that move even if we could get him.
Pulling this sort of stuff from the clouds. Had the mental strength to make it as Sp**s when the club was trying to sell him for 3M.

World has changed anyway, with social media and football coverage, Kane simply couldn’t make that move now without his life being massively impacted.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Barella. He could add to the depth RW and competition for starter. But I doubt Inter would allow that to happen in exchange of Balogun and Big Tom.

Melquiades

I actually find your attitudes bizarre. He as an addiction, and he’s being helped. He’ll beat the addiction and hopefully come back a better person. To take his livelihood away completely over an addiction is brutal. In such a public role, your livelihood should be taken away for discrimination. But you should be helped with an addiction.

If you're addicted to gambling there are lots of things you can bet on that aren't Premier League games.

Dating back to the 1919 Black Sox thing there is a hard line in NA pro sports that you absolutely cannot have players gambling on games involving their team/league as it threatens to completely undermine the credibility of the sport. And absolutely everyone knows that if you do it, you're done. See Pete Rose who bet on games in the 1980s and is still banned for life despite being one of MLB's all-time greats.

And I completely agree with that. It's not something you can be soft on and then expect not to have it blow up in your face. And as a fan, it's not something I want to be questioning when I watch a game.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 24

Thomas Partey will leave this summer. Arsenal have multiple targets lined up to replace him [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are still in the market for a recognised #9 despite the recent good form of Kai Havertz [Fabrizio Romano]

The club may accept that the time is now to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with just two years left on his contract [The Athletic]

Arsenal may sanction a loan to raise Aaron Ramsdale’s value if they can’t recoup their fee for him this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal are among a host of Premier League clubs hoping to sign Irish sensation Mason Melia (16). Melia, who is already playing first-team football for St Patrick’s Athletic in the League of Ireland, cannot move to the UK until he turns 18 due to Brexit rules [Evening Standard]

Juventus like Thomas Partey, and Napoli will try to sign him before June 30 as well [Di Marzio]

Bruno Guimarães’ entourage hope to receive proposals from at least two Premier League clubs, with the player’s priority wanting to remain in England. Guimarães’ £100m release clause, which expires next month, can be paid in three annual instalments. [UOLEsporte]

Latest posts

Top Bottom