• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Kieran Tierney (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

White
Saliba
Gabriel
Zinchenko

After that
Kiwior
Tomiyasu
Holding

They really need to sign someone or we are screwed. I just don’t want to hear Arteta say we are short after the window after loaning out Tierney. Have a feeling they will sign an unknown CB and play kiwior as lb

Oh for sure there’s no excuses to bring in a defender. I think it probably needs to be someone versatile like Timber.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

A favourite player leaving... Good by Sweet Scottish Prince!

little prince nasa GIF

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Always liked Tierney but

A) he could never stay fit for an entire season.

B) technically he simply isn’t good enough for a title challenging team.

Ngl the deal is an odd one but it’s another body out the door. Does leave us with 6 fit defenders now though right? 7 including Holding but I’d assume he’s also basically gone.

Tierney could absolutely play for a title winning team. He’d fit in the Liverpool title winning team just fine playing his natural game.

He has no place under Arteta and Pep there’s a caveat.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We haven't tanked his value, nobody rates him enough to put up the money. He started 15 games in all comps last season and made 21 sub appearances, which for a backup doesn't seem out of the ordinary. This is more a case of Arsenal fans overrating Tierney than Arteta tanking his value.

Nobody rates him cos Arteta is too rigid and can’t adapt, he had to play the inverted fullback sh*te in every game and Tierney wasn’t great at it and so he eventually never played. Arteta seems to have a special talent for signalling to the world “I don’t like this player, he’s useless!”.

Tierney is a very good player. This isn’t a Bellerin situation, where the player had in fact become not very good. A loan to Sociedad is way below Tierney’s true value.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
One of the top 5 LBs in the league and we loaning him out?

Levels above Chilwell band as Alex Ferguson said he thinks Tierney is better than Robertson.

I know KT is to good to be a back up player but loaning him to PL team would surely of made more more financial sense.

I think this decision could come back to haunt us.

MikeVinna

Established Member
It’s really annoying because KT is better than Tomiyasu and Kiwior at LB, regardless what Mikel thinks. Having seen Tomi play vs Palace he wasn’t doing anything Kieran wouldn’t be able to do as the defensive fullback.

Biggest annoyance for me, though, is that no matter what a player has meant to the team, the fans and even to Mikel; he will shut you out and ship you out without any hesitation. Does that really represent the core values they’re always touting about in the PR?

KT was as much a key player as Auba was when we won that FA cup. I’ll miss the lad. And everyone else might start to miss him too when some of the crocks in this squad start dropping like flies and Holding is starting in March.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

This is why I was advocating the sale for Gabriel now whilst he is a starter (or closer to it). If he keeps up his role then this is going to be him next. Then you'll have idiots crying because we don't get 50 mil for 3rd/4th choice.

All the big sales are for starters not minor guys like Tierney has become, so if Arteta knows Gabriel isn't first choice already then the club should have really cashed in earlier in the window to help remedy this selling problem.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

This is why I was advocating the sale for Gabriel now whilst he is a starter (or closer to it). If he keeps up his role then this is going to be him next. Then you'll have idiots crying because we don't get 50 mil for 3rd/4th choice.

All the big sales are for starters not minor guys like Tierney has become, so if Arteta knows Gabriel isn't first choice already then the club should have really cashed in earlier in the window to help remedy this selling problem.
Gabriel has 4 years in contract. His value won't drop for a year. He is a very important player and likely starts with Zinchenko.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
A real coach improves and adapts players, harnesses the talent they have, Arteta is a chequebook fraud, flipping through the Argos catalogue of players.

So there are no players that Arteta has improved? Lol

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Gabriel has 4 years in contract. His value won't drop for a year. He is a very important player and likely starts with Zinchenko.

I think someone else or existing at the club could probably do the "important role" Gabriel does and keep the profit.

The scouting could be a bit better because then the club would be fearless about cashing in.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
The best left back at the club who plays as a LCB in a three at the back for his country and Arteta has him behind three centre backs, two right backs and an attacking midfielder for the left back who plays as a LCB role.
No money brought in and Holding moves another step closer to the team, either Saliba gets injured again and we’ll end up with Holding in the centre (against Haaland again) or knock-off Pep will convert him into an inverted left back.
He’s definitely ending our season anyway, best of luck to Tierney though he seems like a top guy, who’s been treated shabbily.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Ruthless bastard is old Mikel and this ain't one who'd have slept in either :lol:

Hope he does well over there though. I'd be more than happy to see him in an Arsenal shirt again as well but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 26

Sturm Graz Sporting Director Andreas Schicker says he will meet Arsenal next week to attempt to sign striker Mika Biereth permanently [Kurier]

Arsenal have made contact with Stade Rennais and representatives regarding a move for Désiré Doué this summer. They are joined by PSG, Manchester United, Sp**s, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in the pursuit for the 18 year-old [The Secret Scout]

Arsenal are in the running to sign Crystal Palace attacker Michael Olise alongside Manchester United, Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea [Darren Lewis - The Mirror]

Emile Smith Rowe will hold talks with the club this week as the likelihood of him leaving for more playing time grows [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom