• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

That's fecking insane, all I want from that is for us to not completely collapse after 1 bad from those fixtures between mid-April to mid-May.

Mikel needs to utilize his squad as much as possible, no more spamming Martinelli/Saka every game. We'll have get used to lining up with Nelson-Havertz-Jesus or Martinelli-Trossard-Jesus for ex.

Partey needs to be sober by April as well ffs

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don't think we have the quality or experience to do The Double yet, think we have to prioritise one of them at some point or we could end up losing out on both... especially with our remaining fixtures.

The only Arsenal side really in my time as a fan that I felt could win both the Premier League and Champions League was our 2004 one, and even then we did ourselves in by playing Thierry v United in the cup semi trying to get The Treble and him aggravating his injury ahead of our Champions League game right after it...as exciting as this time is for Arsenal, we can't get carried away either.

As I said, the result of the City game when we get back will determine what we should focus on more.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

and even then we did ourselves in by playing Thierry v United in the cup semi trying to get The Treble and him aggravating his injury ahead of our Champions League game right after it...
Try to get a player like Henry not to play important games as a precaution.. my guess is that it would be very hard even for Wenger to deny him.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I don't think we have the quality or experience to do The Double yet, think we have to prioritise one of them at some point or we could end up losing out on both... especially with our remaining fixtures.

The only Arsenal side really in my time as a fan that I felt could win both the Premier League and Champions League was our 2004 one, and even then we did ourselves in by playing Thierry v United in the cup semi trying to get The Treble and him aggravating his injury ahead of our Champions League game right after it...as exciting as this time is for Arsenal, we can't get carried away either.

As I said, the result of the City game when we get back will determine what we should focus on more.

We are likely to lose out on both mate, even if we beat City on the 31st. These run of games are too congested, and we dont have quality cover for the likes of Rice, Saka and Saliba.

I think a respectable showing this season is finishing in the top 3 with 85+ and making the semi finals of the CL, things I think we'll do.

Next season is the one where we will be complete as a squad, and ready to move onto multiple competitions at once. Once we get in proper replacements for our core players, we'll be ready. I didnt think we'd be able to jump a level up from last season, but we did. So excited to see how we become even better next year.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Try to get a player like Henry not to play important games as a precaution.. my guess is that it would be very hard even for Wenger to deny him.

Plus it was against United, our main rival...so I don't blame Arsène for that really, would have been 3 FA cups in a row (and a potential Treble if we won that game) which would have been amazing.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Yeah, I don't write anything off but realistically we are outsiders for both competitions. Probably 3rd favourites for the PL and 6-7th for the CL.

If we can grab one of them it's been an amazing season. If we don't it's important to me how we lose / go out. Have we learned our lessons from last season's title race and developed more mental strength to really push to the finish line.

We still lack squad depth also so it's going to be tough but while we're still in both there's always a chance and hope.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The part of the season where those outside of the regular 11 need to earn their place. Arteta too, needs to ensure everyone maintains a level of sharpness.

Tomi, Zinchenko, Partey and Jesus are all excellent options to be able to rotate with marginal quality drop.

Then there's Fabio, ESR, Nelson and Nketiah. Even if they're coming on to secure a narrow win need to play like their life depends on it instead of strolling casually back into defence.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I don't think we lack depth but a lot of our options get injured too frequently and at crucial times. I still think the use of our squad could be a bit better, it's been improved upon a lot but even Tuesday it was an age before any real subs were made, pretty sure only 1 in normal time. But that could also be due to the fact Arteta when he has a specific gameplan and setup removing one or two of the parts could disrupt everything due to the different profiles we have.

Tomiyasu will huge rotating with Kiwior and possibly White and may be used as a big game player, Zinny fits in there too, play him against the weaker teams to help us break down stubborn defences. Vieira can also help in those types of games.

Getting Jesus back to his best is also crucial means that between Jesus, Martinelli, Havertz and Trossard we could see serious rotation for 2 of the front 3 positions. Saka is an issue, only thing we can do is bring on Nelson or Vieira if we're already ahead. Perhaps Jesus is an option.

Partey is also there but you barely even think of him as a serious option, might just be a weaker team option or winning position option at this stage. Trossard may also be a left 8 option. ESR at a push but I doubt we see him in a serious game.

Some areas are stronger than others in terms of depth and thankfully we've got some versatile players there. Saka, Ødegaard, Saliba, Gabriel and Rice we virtually cannot do without so those are the key ones and then fitting things in and around them. We need some luck, and we need to use the options we do have to give ourselves the best chance. I do agree tho we're outsiders in both competitions. City in the league is such a key one and gives us a real indicator on if we're gonna be there at the end.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

@Tir Na Nog G Jesus is the most natural option to rotate with Saka, he spent a lot of time on the RW for City and had an excellent performance for us in our home game vs City when Saka was injured.

Arteta needs to be a bit more brave with the use of his squad; it's as simple as that.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

@Tir Na Nog G Jesus is the most natural option to rotate with Saka, he spent a lot of time on the RW for City and had an excellent performance for us in our home game vs City when Saka was injured.

Arteta needs to be a bit more brave with the use of his squad; it's as simple as that.

Agreed but perhaps it's the dynamics which have to take a bit of altering to allow that and currently the team is just setup for Saka and his particular skillset and the fact he's a left footer cutting in as well as the relationship he's had with Ødegaard and White. That's my guess anyways as to why Arteta doesn't go for it too often but he simply may have to out of necessity and the only way Jesus builds those relationships that side is through gametime there.

Topside

Watched the Wolves Coventry game unreal 2nd half. Coventry deserved to win but 2 1 down scoring in the 97th and 99th mins :applause:.

WW away will go ahead 20th April.

Less games we have to rearrange the better.

drippin

I don't think we lack depth but a lot of our options get injured too frequently and at crucial times. I still think the use of our squad could be a bit better, it's been improved upon a lot but even Tuesday it was an age before any real subs were made, pretty sure only 1 in normal time. But that could also be due to the fact Arteta when he has a specific gameplan and setup removing one or two of the parts could disrupt everything due to the different profiles we have.
A few additional thought. The fact that the Chelsea game was post-poned, meant that Arteta didn't have to rotate his best players. Sometimes for example a lesser team might not substitute anyone in a tough match, because the level drops and if the team is playing well, it doesn't disrupt it.

Another consideration is that because Porto played that weird tactic which nullified the press, it meant that the players were not as strained as usual.

Many of the subs are not match sharp or fit, and they can misplace passes more easily, which we have seen from Partey and Zinchenko for example.

drippin

Doesn’t that Wolves loss help out our run in? The game vs Wolves no longer needs to be moved.
It might have been better to be post-poned, because Wolves away is 3 days after 2nd leg against Bayern. And if that goes to overtime, it's not good for the league game at all. Or otherwise anyway.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Top Bottom