• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If we are top of the league after United play Pool this weekend, then losing (respectably) to Bayern might not be so bad.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
If we are top of the league after United play Pool this weekend, then losing (respectably) to Bayern might not be so bad.

You would want to take advantage that Bayern are not bring their away fans to the Emirates, plus we saw Lazio having decent chances at the Allianz (think of that Immobile chance), they're vulnerable.

Do the damage at the Emirates and bring the lead to the Allianz.

I believe United will draw vs Liverpool.

Riou

Why are you such a beta?

Because I don't think we have it in us to win both, tbh...the last time we did was 2004 and then trying to win a Treble (playing an injured Henry in the cup semi v United, which resulted in him making his injury worse ahead of the Champions League Chelsea match) cost us...I don't want similar to happen.

Likewise if Pool are top after Yanited away, then I would put more of our focus on the Champions League.

I reckon City will eventually focus on Europe, while Pool have a significantly easier European route so they can focus on the Prem...we don't have this luxury/advantages and we are also the least experienced/proven of the three teams.

Think if we try to go 50/50 on both, we will come up short in both... don't want to end with nothing again this season, as this team is good enough to win something!

Last edited:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I swear our fanbase make me sick at times 😷 every year this prioritising a competition and free hit stuff starts creeping in during the business end of the season. I even understand previous seasons as our squad was thin but this year? It’s a Champions League Quarter Final not the Europa League 😭 we’re 5 games away from winning the whole thing at Wembley aswell.

IMO go all out for both and see how we finish the season. It’s about time we get our revenge on FC Bayern.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I swear our fanbase make me sick at times 😷 every year this prioritising a competition and free hit stuff starts creeping in during the business end of the season. I even understand previous seasons as our squad was thin but this year? It’s a Champions League Quarter Final not the Europa League 😭 we’re 5 games away from winning the whole thing at Wembley aswell.

IMO go all out for both and see how we finish the season. It’s about time we get our revenge on FC Bayern.

Reading @Riou ’s post I think some guys here genuinely have PTSD and are just too scared to dream.

It’s sad

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Too many ***** and betas in our fanbase.

Our bench is the strongest I've seen it in perhaps a decade. We are extremely well positioned to give it all in the PL + CL.

Riou

If we win nothing this season that's 4 years without any trophies.

We haven't won the Premier League in 19 years.

We haven't won the Champions League ever.

And even this very team we have now bottled Top Four in 2022 and then silverware in 2023, literally the last 2 seasons and we ****ed up ffs!

So forgive me if I am a little nervous while you idiots dive into everything like none of that happened 😅

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Is this good or bad for us?

Not sure it matters much really. Taylor is probably one of the better ones, at the end of the day we need United to turn up. Not sure they will. They got absolutely buggered by Brentford.

• Popcorn
Reactions: A_G

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
If we win nothing this season that's 4 years without any trophies.

We haven't won the Premier League in 19 years.

We haven't won the Champions League ever.

And even this very team we have now bottled Top Four in 2022 and then silverware in 2023, literally the last 2 seasons and we ****ed up ffs!

So forgive me if I am a little nervous while you idiots dive into everything like none of that happened 😅

Nah it’s not that man.

Without a winning mentality we won’t win anything.

Being “ok” with throwing away the biggest trophies is the antithesis of a winning mentality.

Go big or go home. There is no in between.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Not sure it matters much really. Taylor is probably one of the better ones, at the end of the day we need United to turn up. Not sure they will. They got absolutely buggered by Brentford.
My fear for United is lack of recovery time. Thursday night away to Chelsea and Sunday afternoon Liverpool home. While Liverpool has 1 day extra rest and home game

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Reading @Riou ’s post I think some guys here genuinely have PTSD and are just too scared to dream.

It’s sad

He still thinks progression/success is linear when it clearly isn’t 😂 you have to strike whilst the iron is hot as who knows the state of Europe next season with the change of format and Mbappe moving to Madrid + other big transfers happening.

Riou

He still thinks progression/success is linear when it clearly isn’t

No I don't, I am just being realistic...we have all seen Arsenal since we have moved stadiums, we don't really have much pedigree...we are improving, but still have nothing to really show for it yet...so I can't be confident.

If you offered me winning one of the Premier League or Champions League now but definitely not winning the other, then I am taking it every time.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Why the fear? 😂

All those years of battling for top 4 so that we can play the biggest sides in Europe and when we finally get CL football then we’re fearful of them rather than excited?

Riou

Why the fear? 😂

Because we haven't won anything yet, and for quite a while too.

Imagine we finish 2nd again and don't win the Champions League and United/Chelsea finish with a negative goal difference but win the FA cup, that would be heartbreaking again ffs!

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom