• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,952
  • Views 304,813

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Sesko is younger and better potential probably cheaper too.
Sesko will be quite a bit cheaper with that release clause.

He will be, I don't think Gyokores goes for his RC either though so don't see that £100M price on him.

Idk, in the very small sample of games I have watched Gyokores looks much more impressive and less raw than Sesko albeit both have their question marks.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I am kind of okay with the club smashing 80M on a striker like Gyokores though, we're good enough that if he flops we can just revert to other options and no one will blink an eye.

Similar to how City spent 100M on Grealish, 65M on Nunes, 100M on Gvaridol etc.

Feel like our foundation is going to be titles races for the next season or two.

Sulosky

Earlier I was of the opinion that we should acquire Gyokores, but now I have turned to Sesko. Not because Gyokores is a bad option, but because I feel Sesko has more potential specifically for Arsenal's tactics.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Sesko is much younger and will be cheaper. Got more pace too. I think the CF market is so poor atm and we have needs elsewhere where there are some real quality options on the market.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Sesko is much younger and will be cheaper. Got more pace too. I think the CF market is so poor atm and we have needs elsewhere where there are some real quality options on the market.

Yeah i see the striker signing as a Nketiah replacement. Someone you g a more suited to our style who can develop into something. If it's not Osimhen I'd rather that than drop £70m on a potential dud like Gyökeres.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
This striker market is absolute poverty I’m beginning to think we should stay clear of it entirely. Toney, Osimhen and Gyokeres in particular are all massively overpriced, I’m hoping we don’t fall for it.
I want somebody who can play, Isak would be great but injuries and price/availability are an issue, Rodrygo would be amazing (although unlikely) I would much rather have him or Saka play false nine than spend a fortune on another lamppost.
I don’t subscribe to this notion that we desperately need a 30 goal a season striker, Liverpool won the league (with 99 points) and a Champions League with Firmino scoring 9 goals, City won the league and scored bucketloads with Foden/Jesus as a false nine, the only reason they didn’t win the Champions League was they also let in bucket loads in the later stages.
If you get somebody with a high technical level like Isak or Rodrygo our wingers and midfielders score more as well, Salah and Mane weren’t scoring 25 a season with Danny Ings upfront.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Since Havertz moved to 9, around the Liverpool game, he’s got 6 G/A in 8 games. That’s a decent return considering the other stuff he gives to the team.

Agree with people saying the striker market is poor, guys like Gyokeres and Sesko wouldn’t get a game for us as it stands.

If someone like Rodrygo/Leao is gettable for for them.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Nope we have to buy a striker this window. If we want a young talented one with potential the obvious player is Zirkzee.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Nope we have to buy a striker this window. If we want a young talented one with potential the obvious player is Zirkzee.

I agree we should go for young potential but someone that can contribute next season too. Zirkzee, Sesko type. Not that there many options exactly anyway.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakun Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Latest posts

Top Bottom