• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
The reason I am so nervous/doubtful/emotional all the time, is we haven't shown an ability to get over the line recently...so i can't fully trust them no matter hoe much I want too.

Sure we our a successful team historically, but recent history is more telling than overall history.

This specific team has lost Top Four in 2022, the Europa League in 2023 (still more disappointed by that than the league last season, think that was always a reach) and now looking like the title in 2024 (will be shocked if we can recover mentally from this to win the Champions League either, too much inexperience in this team)

There is only so many times you can a valiant loser, before you start being just a loser.

This current team and manager have quality, but there is definitely something missing.

We should have won more trophies than 0 over the last 3 seasons, simple as that.
i won’t say i told you so. But tell you i most certainly did.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

i won’t say i told you so. But tell you i most certainly did.

Hmm I think a more justifiable; "I told you so" would be if we were sitting like 4th/5th with 62/63 points.

We're 2nd on 71 points with only 6 games to go, which is still a good achievement in my book.

I don't know why opinion is swinging so wildly on the back of one result, I find it quite bemusing but tbf you've always been consistent in your Arteta dislike lol and I'm talking more AM in general.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Being in the CL helps, rather than wait a whole week to dwell on Villa the squad can refocus on Bayern.

Judging from Emirates era Arsenal, this only means a last minute Kane penalty to knock us out next 😅

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don’t really think Arteta messed up last season to the extent he did here. We got killed last season by Saliba’s injury and the players themselves folded at Liverpool, West Ham and Southampton.

Here, I can’t believe he changed the team so much.

Don’t know how many times people have to say it but Havertz is a 9 and we need two proper midfielders playing.

We either look knackered or we were hoping we could win the second half in 2nd gear by nicking in a goal late with Bayern game in mind. Hopefully, it's the latter because there is still a lot to play for this season.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
5 losses is kind of the max most title winners can afford to lose and we are already there. Now any draws will hurt as well.

And in any case all this is moot, if city keep winning (which they currently look like with their whole squad turning up at the right time.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
10 wins 1 draw against man city and tow loses In 2nd half of season so far. I think we done very acceptable job but we have to finish season strongly our team likely get affected after one bad result I hope they just forget that and move on

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I don’t really think Arteta messed up last season to the extent he did here. We got killed last season by Saliba’s injury and the players themselves folded at Liverpool, West Ham and Southampton.

Here, I can’t believe he changed the team so much.

Don’t know how many times people have to say it but Havertz is a 9 and we need two proper midfielders playing.

Jesus took up that midfield role bro. Havertz was the one running onto those direct balls in the first half.

From our last league game, we brought in Zinchenko and Jesus, which isn’t much really. It’s also replacements that are in tune with the team, in their ability to understand and fit into our patterns of play.

We had the right game plan, particular in the first half. At this stage of the season we are learning that we have to take our chances early and get into game management mode early.

It almost worked, the first half was good enough to get the job done.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Also what the f*ck is the PL doing? Been over a year since they charged City and I haven't heard any new developments in ages. Are they just twiddling their thumbs?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I kind of agree

I thought this at the time too, it'd have been an unbelievable mental victory as much as anything. Even at the time it kept it out of our hands with that result and everyone seemed happy to keep ourselves in it. To win a title you have to go and WIN it, especially competing against a juggernaut it's not enough to just keep yourself in it.

Tho then again not losing at home to villa also helps.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Also what the f*ck is the PL doing? Been over a year since they charged City and I haven't heard any new developments in ages. Are they just twiddling their thumbs?
City aren't getting punished bro, it's not happening. It would be too big of a scandal, bad PR etc etc. They don't have the guts of Seria A.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Jesus took up that midfield role bro. Havertz was the one running onto those direct balls in the first half.

From our last league game, we brought in Zinchenko and Jesus, which isn’t much really.

We had the right game plan, particular in the first half. At this stage of the season we are learning that we have to take our chances early and get into game management mode early.

It almost worked, the first half was good enough to get the job done.

Our performances with Havertz and Rice in midfield like are often like this though. Erratic, inefficient and non consistent over the 90 mins. We have good spells like we did in the first half, but don’t have the control to sustain over a 90 min game.

I get we missed chances, but moving two key players out of position feels like a big mistake.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
We surely have to win every game now & hope City slip up somewhere ?

Fs I'm so f*cked off. Why oh why do we do this every frickin time ?

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Bayern takes on a new dimension for the team and us as supporters.

We need to go to Munich and secure progression. That would bring back the belief in this team that they are good enough to go the distance.

This team is good enough this season, and I think it’s important we show this.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom