• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa | Sunday 14th April | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLArsenalAstonVilla2122.jpg

Prediction

Arsenal 3-0 Aston Villa

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

It was just a bad second half guys.

We clearly should have scored and probably been a couple of goals to the good in the first half; our final pass and general profligacy killed us.

Can’t really explain why we were so poor after that, though Arteta was slow to react (Bayern was obviously on his mind in both selection and subs), but Villa are clearly a very good, physical and extremely well disciplined team.

Next two games will show how far we’ve come since last season.
Incredible how we're the first team in history to lose a game chasing a title during the run in. Here I thought it has happend to many title chasing teams before. Many of whom ended up still winning it, but apparently we are uniquely bad in this regard if some are to be believed.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It was a poor half of football from the players and poor tactics from the manager against an excellent Villa side who put out their U-16s for the equivalent fixture against City. We've played so many good games in 2024, a bad game or bad half was always on the cards. Unfortunately, the machine formally known as Manchester City is hunting us down like an AI killbot so it could well prove fatal. Hell, who would bet big money against 5 in a row for them next season?

A deserved victory for Villa. No reason to give up, still all to play for.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Order of games that have seemingly cost us the title...

1. 2-0 loss v Villa
2. 2-2 draw v Fulham
3. 2-0 loss v West Ham
4. 2-1 loss v Fulham
5. 2-2 draw v Sp**s

...as good as the second half of the season has been, it had to be because the first half was quite poor really.

Barely playing very well, weird tactical and team choices, couldn't hold a lead v 10 man Fulham and the embarrassment v West Ham and after we lost to Pool in the cup and lost 2 in a row it geniunely felt like out season was finished.

Credit to them for getting back into it, but in the end for what...to just eventually break our hearts again?

At some point we have to win something, otherwise all the good work these last few years is for nothing.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Incredible how we're the first team in history to lose a game chasing a title during the run in. Here I thought it has happend to many title chasing teams before. Many of whom ended up still winning it, but apparently we are uniquely bad in this regard if some are to be believed.
Well quite….

A degree of perspective required here.

People influenced by the relentlessness of 115 (which we can do nothing about save beating/avoiding losing to them which we achieved), and the fact that it was a big chance to pull clear of Liverpool (though I’ve always said if we finish above 115, we win the league).

As I say, Wednesday is a massive game and up for grabs. I’m expecting a super cagey affair, which probably means it will descend into a goal fest… :lol:

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I knew we’d slip up in the run in, but even expecting that, this still really hurts, I didn’t expect it to be at home in this game.

It’s just going to be one of them typical Arsenal weeks isn’t it? One where we get knocked out of all competitions in one week.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Xhaka about to win the title, the opposition has an Arsenal fan as a striker, Liverpool unexpectedly losing at home and handing us the initiative.

Well, you just knew that was gonna happen

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@Oxeki needs a breather.

I still don't understand why he posts defeats in the OP every time, so ****ing weird to me!

Not everyone wants to watch a video I post of us winning, but ZERO people want to relive us losing to Aston Villa earlier in the season just before we play them 😅

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Order of games that have seemingly cost us the title...

1. 2-0 loss v Villa
2. 2-2 draw v Fulham
3. 2-0 loss v West Ham
4. 2-1 loss v Fulham
5. 2-2 draw v Sp**s

...as good as the second half of the season has been, it had to be because the first half was quite poor really.

Barely playing very well, weird tactical and team choices, couldn't hold a lead v 10 man Fulham and the embarrassment v West Ham and after we lost to Pool in the cup and lost 2 in a row it geniunely felt like out season was finished.

Credit to them for getting back into it, but in the end for what...to just eventually break our hearts again?

At some point we have to win something, otherwise all the good work these last few years is for nothing.

The fact we've collected only 4 points from 18 against Villa, West Ham & Fulham is beyond reprehensible!!!

That's where the title was lost.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Bayern at the Allianz next? Scary hours…

200w.gif

😂 I’m just playing. We have enough in us to knock them out despite the bad result yesterday. Let’s foggin go boys.

Create the matchday thread already!!

I'm angry enough to butcher an entire camel in under an hour.

I want us to drag Harold Kane down into a pit of perpetual despair he can never f*cking escape from.

GLITCH

If there's one thing emery is good at, he knows how to get the best from his strikers. I'd say Mikel is near the opposite. Emery does have the likes of Watkins looking so sharp and explosive, and Auba and Laca looked the same when he was here too.
They still have their flaws but it's weird how much better his villa side look than his arsenal one. When they were playing out from the back flawlessly today I was reminded of the contrast of that traumatic game against Watford when he was arsenal manager...
Villa don't have players with huge egos. They obviously respect him. I used to hate watching the players in training under Emery. They weren't serious.

dino bravo

Established Member

Should have buried them first half. Our finishing reverted to pre-Christmas just at the wrong time.

I am not sure how loud it was on TV, but Zinny was boo'd off much like Xhaka. He had a shocker, but that was sad to witness.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Should have buried them first half. Our finishing reverted to pre-Christmas just at the wrong time.

I am not sure how loud it was on TV, but Zinny was boo'd off much like Xhaka. He had a shocker, but that was sad to witness.
Well don't blame the fans the guy been error prone every time he played I don't like booing our own players but sometimes you have to do it to make them wake up

MikeVinna

Established Member
Heartbroken here. Personally I don’t see this going anywhere other than collapse.

I guess the Bayern match will show us whether our season’s over or not. Lose and it could get ugly in terms of morale for the run-in.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Heartbroken here. Personally I don’t see this going anywhere other than collapse.

I guess the Bayern match will show us whether our season’s over or not. Lose and it could get ugly in terms of morale for the run-in.
i'd be really fuming if this lead to another collapse even if we get knocked out against Bayern yes going to be big mental blow but this team only lost twice in 4 month one in CL and one in PL they can't be that soft.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

We've lost 3-0 in both legs over Aston Villa this season, that is terrible. What was Arteta thinking changing our general lineup that we'd gone unbeaten in our last 8-9 PL games in 2024 since the new year? Zinchenko has to go already, he's not worth it imo. Why do we keep buying cheaper, rejected aged PL players instead of going for better top class players like Liverpool & City do to compete in the long run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom