• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

rotateta

Nice of him to tank his market value in his last game of the season :facepalm:
I don't think he did. There has been so much pressure placed on his very rare appearances this season, that I think it said more about him that he recovered and showed how capable he is.

It does very much appear his future is elsewhere, and Chelsea the obvious candidates. I am wondering whether we could do some form of swap with them, in part for Sanchez who I have assumed to be good with his feet but I stand to be corrected on that.

I do think both hein and okonkwo are probably now good enough to be premiership back up keepers. Which is better with his feet though? There could be argument to selling ramsdale, seeing Raya do better having the burden of his spot being scrutinised so much, and those two fighting it out to be no.2.

If not them then interesting to see who we go for,that will come here

Pop Tart

Established Member
I adore the lad to bits and he is a excellent shot stopper, has that over raya but he does not bring confidence to the backline, arteta has proved me wrong again so far.

He redeemed himself in the game and he has potential to be better but his days are numbered here. though i feel he can be a starter elsewhere here. one of my fav players of the last few years here. relatable imo

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Nice of him to tank his market value in his last game of the season :facepalm:
Unsure he did if teams he'll go for don't over do it playing from back he'd be excellent purchase I still think we can get 20-25M from him.

albino

It’s just dishonest to say we won because of him.

From 6 league games his made the same mistake twice against Brentford, and caught off his line twice. These aren’t occasional howlers.

It suggests teams are exploiting his weakness in the role.
HAhahaha

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Some great posts in the last couple of pages rather than the usual moronic stuff.

Ramsdale has a lot of excellent qualities and has an extremely high ceiling as a goalkeeper, but the delta between his best performances and his worst are too great for a club heading to the level Arsenal are, with the stylistic demands we currently have.

He is certainly capable of saves that Raya isn't, and has a frame and footspeed to be incredibly impressive when he's 'on it'. The problem he has at this club is that although his distribution is above average for a goalkeeper, Raya's distribution and composure with the ball at his feet is at the elite level, one of the best playing at this level. And its clear that in trying to adapt to those demands, given the standards Raya has set, that he's having to do so at a level beyond his technical security, and with no rhythm or continuity.

Essentially Ramsdale kicks the ball like a goalkeeper who has recognised the modern trends in football and has done his best to develop accordingly. Raya kicks the ball like a guy who ended up in goal because wasn't quite good enough as an outfield player. This level of comfort also gives him an assurance that Ramsdale lacks.

If you could give Ramsdale Raya's ball playing skills and assurance, he'd be the better keeper, but for all he's a short-arse and not as able to make worldie saves as Ramsdale, Raya's starting to give off slight Dave Seaman vibes in terms of providing comfort, and knowing his game. Ramsdale's personality is a strength in a less controlled side that gives up more chances, but at the level we are currently playing it, it doesn't seem a great fit.

Of course its hard to adjust both mindset and technique as quickly as the team around him has evolved, so circumstantially its harsh on him. With a couple more years of being a regular at a big club, Ramsdale could easily be undisputed England number 1, but like a few of our squad, it seems the speed of evolution of the team has slightly bypassed him. No shame in that, as its as much about style and specific requirements as all round ability, but its clearly best for him if he moves on, assuming the Raya deal is concluded without a hitch.

We may well be saying the same about some of the Hale Enders and one or two others come the summer.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
You have to win something just to enter the “best manager” conversation, net spend comes later.

That goes without saying GDeep.

The point Im trying to make is that I do not think net spend is an accurate measure of a manager's strength or efficient use of funding, at least not anymore.

You can argue that the outgoing price of a player is determined by how the manager uses the player and creates his value yes. But then you also have players like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Boehly, Abramovic, etc, who can distort those selling prices to aid in FFP and PSR calculations for the selling club to strengthen its future buying position, as seen with Boehly last summer.

Gross spend isnt much more accurate, you also have distortions there. But I would rather look at gross spend because there you have more involvement from the manager himself, in building and shaping his team.

So I complete the Pep vs Klopp argument by looking at their outlay, and its there where you see the more of the cost involved to build the Liverpool superteams from 2015-2024.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I am wondering whether we could do some form of swap with them, in part for Sanchez who I have assumed to be good with his feet but I stand to be corrected on that.
He is not good with his feet at all. He was replaced by Steele because of it.

When he played for Chelsea he pinged the ball long often, because they could not build up short, and the ball was mostly lost or going to the stands.

Malky

Established Member
He is not good with his feet at all. He was replaced by Steele because of it.

When he played for Chelsea he pinged the ball long often, because they could not build up short, and the ball was mostly lost or going to the stands.
The guy ended up as Brightons 3rd choice for a reason, wouldn't want him here, even as 2nd choice. The idea that he's good with his feet is a complete myth, I've never once been impressed with his distribution.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Guy is clearly faking his smile.. right? Right?

82387619-0-image-m-90_1710287684209.jpg

It's so obvious how bitter he is.. right? Right?

GIgVEewX0AAyZdv.jpg:large

Top Bottom