• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale: Toys Out Of The Pramsdale

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Ramsdale basically cost what we sold Joe Willock for. If you think of it as a NA-sports style trade of Willock for Ramsdale ... holy hell that seems terrific.
Very good point. If selling Willock means getting Ramsdale I am on board with that trade any day! Lad has been good since coming over. 3 clean sheets out of 4 PL games. Keep a clean sheet and there are few games we will lose! ;)

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
While you have people like **** face @Riou calling him ugly, this forum...

To add to this, look at the reaction he gets from the ladies...

...proper don!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He represents himself so well. Agent Saka - says Bukayo is the funniest member in the England squad.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
I remember when everyone asked why we need a Ramsdale "a back up for Leno" and he's showing off what he is able to do on the pitch.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
who were the members who were pro signing Ramsdale? hats off to you guys cause i did not see this coming
Don't think there was one person who was unequivocally delighted by the transfer, but there was a smallish group of us including @tcahill and Hairspray who had reservations about the price and priority, but were also saying that he had decent stats for a young keeper & was really highly rated by all the fans at teams he's played for. It was a plea for him to be given a chance basically. It's early days, but I'm delighted by how he's stepped up so far. Way exceeded my expectations. I'm guessing @hydrofluoric acid would have been strongly in favour as well!

Don't think there was one person who was unequivocally delighted by the transfer, but there was a smallish group of us including @tcahill and Hairspray who had reservations about the price and priority, but were also saying that he had decent stats for a young keeper & was really highly rated by all the fans at teams he's played for. It was a plea for him to be given a chance basically. It's early days, but I'm delighted by how he's stepped up so far. Way exceeded my expectations. I'm guessing @hydrofluoric acid would have been strongly in favour as well!

I honestly sat out with this one as I didnt know who he was. Also AM hates him and if you go against AM its just boring life. But I yell you what I knew, he was better than Leno. His grandmother is better than Leno.

drippin

I think you spoke about his quite good stats the most. I said I don't know much about him, but said I'm sure most were against him because of how he looks & that his teams got relegated, or that they have seen in a couple games tops. Which Riou proved quite well.

Surely they wouldn't have been against him on his personality otherwise, if they watched the Sheffield United relegation interview I shared, because his demeanour there already was top notch.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I think you spoke about his quite good stats the most. I said I don't know much about him, but said I'm sure most were against him because of how he looks & that his teams got relegated, or that they have seen in a couple games tops. Which Riou proved quite well.

Surely they wouldn't have been against him on his personality otherwise, if they watched the Sheffield United relegation interview I shared, because his demeanour there already was top notch.

Yeah I was pretty sure that you were defending the signing a bit as well but couldn't remember for sure. I was never expecting him to come straight in and replace Leno, but aside from Onana he seemed like the best number 2 keeper we could get. Big gamble chucking so much money at that position but he's shaping up well. Keeper was never going to be a popular signing with the Martinez stuff but Ramsdale looks like a real character.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

He hasnt been perfect in any way. Some really good stuff but also some questionable stuff.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I didn't expect him to make such a sudden impact but I was on Ramsdale's side. I felt that given his age, the respectable stats and how widely rated he was within the game that it was a good investment.

I thought that even if he didn't hold down the number one spot long term that if he at the very least provided competitive backup for the next 7-10 years the transfer fee would look like a pittance.

I still maintain that Leno's dip in form can't of being helped by having Runarsson as his only realistic competition. In my experience a lot of humans need to be pushed to motivate them, only the cream seem to be able to do it off their own back

drippin

Yeah I was pretty sure that you were defending the signing a bit as well but couldn't remember for sure. I was never expecting him to come straight in and replace Leno, but aside from Onana he seemed like the best number 2 keeper we could get. Big gamble chucking so much money at that position but he's shaping up well. Keeper was never going to be a popular signing with the Martinez stuff but Ramsdale looks like a real character.
I always wondered why people thought it was so much money for a GK who has played the most top level football in under 23 years of age in the world.

23 years, starting 2 years in EPL and English national GK. Friggin' Kepa cost 80 million euros, and we got like 18 million euros for now 29 year old Martinez who didn't even have a full season in EPL yet and two years left in contract.

It's still early days, but I have a hard time believing Ramsdale's level will go downwards much, notwithstading some mistakes, which every GK makes sometimes.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom