• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I just don't see Laca leaving now. Surely, he'd be better hanging on till the contract goes out, then get himself a solid sign-on fee next year.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Realistically wouldn't Laca to Barcelona have to be a swap deal considering they're flat broke?

I'd assume it would probably have to involve a fairly high earning player on Barca's side too. Doubt they'd be allowed to increase their wage bill.

Could envisage a Laca - Coutinho swap deal occurring in the last 48 hours of the window to be honest, not that I'd want it.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Realistically wouldn't Laca to Barcelona have to be a swap deal considering they're flat broke?

I'd assume it would probably have to involve a fairly high earning player on Barca's side too. Doubt they'd be allowed to increase their wage bill.

Could envisage a Laca - Coutinho swap deal occurring in the last 48 hours of the window to be honest, not that I'd want it.
I'd rather we just keep Laca til the contract expires, than to take up Coutinho on a 2 year+ contract.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not sure why it’s a surprise for some people. Lacazette has absolutely no reason to leave before his contract ends. It’s rumoured that he’s on £180k a week, nobody who can afford that wants him.

He can either take a pay cut for the next three/four years and leave now, or wait a year and get a similar or even better contract for three/four years.

Not like he isn’t going to play either, he’d be mad to leave.

Malky

Established Member
Laca's on £180Kp/w?
Add that to the absurd amount we're paying to crap like Willian, Mari, Runnarson, Cedric, Bellerin, etc and it's frightning how much money the club is pissing away every week. :red:

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
No need to extend him really - they can offer him a new deal next year if he has a really banging season. No club is going much higher than £180k pw even for a free transfer with signing on fees. If he gets us 15 goals this season no one cares how much he's earning. Could be a big year for Laca, playing for a new contract

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
No need to extend him really - they can offer him a new deal next year if he has a really banging season. No club is going much higher than £180k pw even for a free transfer with signing on fees. If he gets us 15 goals this season no one cares how much he's earning. Could be a big year for Laca, playing for a new contract

I think it would be madness giving him a new contract. Even if he plays for a new contract, then his level will be inflated and come back down to norm or more likely far lower. As it is he just doesn't have the pace or stamina for this league.

Play him this season and get new blood in next season and let Laca walk unless he takes a lesser salary.

Then try and get Izak or Edoard next year.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I think it would be madness giving him a new contract. Even if he plays for a new contract, then his level will be inflated and come back down to norm or more likely far lower. As it is he just doesn't have the pace or stamina for this league.

Play him this season and get new blood in next season and let Laca walk unless he takes a lesser salary.

Then try and get Izak or Edoard next year.
Yeah I totally agree for the most part, though I think it depends what happens to both Auba and Laca this year. There's a set of circumstances where Auba has another awful year; Laca does amazing and it might be worth considering keeping him on a 1+1 deal and trading Auba for a younger striker.

I'd like a loan for Balogun so we can see whether he is ready to deputise next year - despite the hype I think it's unlikely to be honest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom