• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

curious stat about chelsea

quattro

i read this in article so i took a look at some stats. none of their regulars are in the top 10 scorers for the league, but there is one chelsea player there in mikael forsell who is on loan at birmingham.

Code:
1 Henry  (Arsenal)   20 
2 van Nistelrooy  (Man Utd)  18 
3 Saha  (Man Utd)  17  
4 Shearer  (Newcastle)  17  
5 Forssell  (Birmingham)  12 
6 Keane  (Tottenham)  12  
7 Anelka  (Man City)  11  
8 Angel  (Aston Villa)  11  
9 Ferdinand  (Leicester)  10 
10 Beattie  (Southampton)  9

reflects a lot on the tinkerman's rotation policy. still, its a little strange. i wonder if any of their "stars" find this tidbit a little bit unsettling.

Aussie

Established Member
Stats

A few stats

Apperances Goals
T Henry 37 29
R Pires 35+3 13
F Ljungberg 31+3 10

In the 44 games played this year we have scored 90 goals and have conceded 36.

We are 9th in the fair play with 39 yellow cards and 3 red cards.

Assists (only in Premier league)

Bergkamp 4
Henry 7
Pires 8
Viera 3
Ljungberg 6
Cole 3

Shots on goal

Shots (on target)
Henry 111 (74)
Pires 33 (21)
Bergkamp 31 (18
Ljungberg 33 (23)
Viera 15 (7)

weelip

not surprising considering how often the tinkerman changes his lineup...to score more goals, u need to have a hot streak....how are anyone going to have a streak without them even playing?

All strikers go through droughts....even someone like Alan Shearer,Ian Rush or even our own Wrighty....however most of them try to play out their droughts and eventually they all seems to come good.

Chelski has quality strikers in Crespo(once considered one of the best striker in the world), mutu(among the top scorers in Serie A last season), gudjohnson(proved his pedigree in the premiership the last 2 seasons)....clearly here, the problem is in the lack of playing time to build communication with the wingers and Midfielders

Andrew

They definitely need to have some consistency with who they pick as then they will never find a good rythm. They especially need one forward as a regular. Personally I feel Crespo is good enough to be a regular and perhaps Gudjohnsen. Mutu has shown he can be inconsistent. Whereas Forssell has been really great this season at Birmingham. Every match I watch him play he puts in a good performance even when he isn't scoring. Probably will never succeed at Chelski because he doesn't cost 20 million pounds.

Soler

Established Member
Here's another stat about Chelsea:

Arsenal 2 - 1 Chelsea
Arsenal 2 - 1 Chelsea
Chelsea 1 - 2 Arsenal

Mark

Established Member
Forsell is their best striker, why don't they bloody keep him? These idiots they bought aren't doing the job as well as he is, and he's playing for Birmingham as well!

Biggus

Established Member
Here's another stat about Chelsea:

Arsenal 2 - 1 Chelsea
Arsenal 2 - 1 Chelsea
Chelsea 1 - 2 Arsenal

Heh Heh theres a message there somewhere :lol:
nice one Mad Jens :mrgreen:

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I would love a convincing win over Chelsea, and i mean a clean sheet. I cant stand seeing clubs score against us, just drives me fu**ing nuts!!

I was surprised to see Henry having already taken 111 shots! I didnt think it would've been that high considering how frequently he passes the ball off. Oh well, its all the same to me, he is the greatest.

Aussie

Established Member
Gunner4Eva said:
I would love a convincing win over Chelsea, and i mean a clean sheet. I cant stand seeing clubs score against us, just drives me fu**ing nuts!!

I was surprised to see Henry having already taken 111 shots! I didnt think it would've been that high considering how frequently he passes the ball off. Oh well, its all the same to me, he is the greatest.

Yeah me too Henry 111 and Bergkamp only 33. Well i suppose Bergkamp is playing a bit of a different role this season

Alexone234

The best stat was yesterday during soccer saturday. When Chelski scored the commentator said this was the first time in eight games Chelsea have scored more than one.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Top Bottom