• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Raya: Throw Your Hands In The Air If Yous A True Raya

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Poor Onana left a CL finalist who will win the league this season for this :lol: like leaving a director gig for a toilet scrubber job with better pay.
Didn't he play for 7 Hag at Ajax? I understand that was a joke league but the man who let the Spuds get to a CL final should never have been trusted in any sort of reunion.

fute

View attachment 22799

This is why it's no longer nerve-wracking when opposition teams approach our goal. Our keeper rarely has to make a save 😍

Similar styles of goalkeeping, passing, playing with the ball at their feet.etc.

But no Harry MaGuires or Johnny Evans on our squad. If anything, those guys would be competing with Cedric for walking Win the dog.

Would still take Raya. Onana even with our defense would still leak goals. His play in the CL was bad this year.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Onana plays like Raya.

But has the momentum killing mistakes like Ramsdale. He is a hothead like Ramsdale, egging opposing fans. At least Ramsdale makes worldy saves.

Raya is a businessman. No shenanigans, just focused play. Gets the job done.
Yes Also better with his feet

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think his first half issues were down to his studs because they didn't occur again in the 2nd half and I could notice that he actively changed his kicking gait slightly to maintain balance in the 2nd half. He's been really good for a couple of months now. He's also excellent on high balls in the area in spite of his short frame. Whereas you'd routinely see Ramsdale bullied on corners he never really is. More importantly than anything, particularly against teams that can press like City, he inspires calm in his teammates and doesn't compound the opposition press with unsettling the rest of the back line. He just may prove to be a very good number 1 for a team that wins things.
I think he changed his boots. Orange in the first half, yellow in the second. Either way, vs City, he kicked long more than he has in any other match

Batman

I think he changed his boots. Orange in the first half, yellow in the second. Either way, vs City, he kicked long more than he has in any other match
Good spot. He certainly looked more stable and confident in his kicking after the change. Yes I think that after what City did to us last season playing long to Haaland and having him knock it down to KDB in space, Arteta decided that he would do the same rather than try to prove something playing through City's press. They haven't been able to deal with Havertz in the air in any of the 3 matches. Raya's distribution is a key component of our plan B against the few teams that can press well enough to disrupt our build up.

Malky

Established Member
People think Raya hasn’t got anything to do all game and it’s just a coincidence that he’s brought in and we’re shutting teams out - it’s a huge part on Rayas organisation, communication and positioning.
He deserves more credit, he might not need to make a couple of worldie saves every game but if a keeper can organise the players infront of him then he doesn’t need to!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

:applause:

David "I just gotta do fun passes every match, as Saliba and Gabriel kinda completely stop any shots on my goal" Raya, highlights v Luton...

UMrryS.gif

Batman

People think Raya hasn’t got anything to do all game and it’s just a coincidence that he’s brought in and we’re shutting teams out - it’s a huge part on Rayas organisation, communication and positioning.
He deserves more credit, he might not need to make a couple of worldie saves every game but if a keeper can organise the players infront of him then he doesn’t need to!
The team is calm back there because he's calm. We saw in Ramsdale's last appearance what can happen to the best defense in the league when a chaotic keeper is introduced. Raya's doing a phenomenal job.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Like a lot of us, I was unimpressed & pretty dubious about his signing initially but now I can see the method behind Tetas thinking.

Ramsdale is a Hollywood keeper. Loud & dramatic.
Raya is Arthouse. Quiet & composed.

Malky

Established Member
The team is calm back there because he's calm. We saw in Ramsdale's last appearance what can happen to the best defense in the league when a chaotic keeper is introduced. Raya's doing a phenomenal job.
suppose it helps as a defender when they’ve got a goalkeeper who can maintain focus for 90 mins.
Raya still has his critics, and in fairness he’s let in a couple of questionable goals, but we’re a far better side with him in goal and that’s a fact.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Its almost unfair that this guy can win the golden gloves, for doing hardly anything :lol:

Looking like another hit from EdTeta.

Batman

Absolutely brilliant save on the one shot that troubled him today and just inspires calm in his teammates. He might be the one. He's proving it every week.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Latest posts

Top Bottom