• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Deadline Day Thread

What is the most realistic scenario?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kav

Established Member
I’m just here to gloat. I recall a certain posters arguing with me like @drippin , @field442 and highbury_2006 because I said that I didn’t want Runarsson here as he’s not better than Macey.

All seem to have gone quiet on the lad. He was a **** signing and I said he would have been so. Told you lot Macey was better than him but no you were all for selling Martinez for this puffin shagger.

Kysus

Getting Ødegaard makes this a good window. We got the best player we could have gotten in the most needed position.
He's gonna be really really good. One of the bargains of this summer.

We got exciting players in at RB and CB who, after a little adjustment time, could really transform our team.(backline of Tierney/Gabriel/White/TakeAHero looks really promising)

Backup CM, LB and GK of the right profile/age who are good enough to challenge for a starting spot have been brought in, great.

Striker has been left for the future which makes sense considering the market and squad.

Issues?
-Needed a top quality option in CM(not instead of Xhaka but in addition)
-Have not moved on all the players we needed to

I'm happy with the squad right now and really angry with the manager.
Arteta needs to get his **** together, this is a quality team.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I’m just here to gloat. I recall a certain posters arguing with me like @drippin , @field442 and highbury_2006 because I said that I didn’t want Runarsson here as he’s not better than Macey.

All seem to have gone quiet on the lad. He was a **** signing and I said he would have been so. Told you lot Macey was better than him but no you were all for selling Martinez for this puffin shagger.
Again great reading comprehension from AM. Never said Runarsson was a great player, only that he was a good cheap try when Martinez wanted out and had to be sold. Didn't know that the club will give such a big wage for him either.

Have no idea how Macey has done in Scotland, and not sure would he had renewed at his age to be third choice.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
The only positive point i can see in this squad, juste Auba, Lacazette and Cedric are over 30. We have a good and talent generation. We only need a good manager can use them and improve them

drippin

The only positive point i can see in this squad, juste Auba, Lacazette and Cedric are over 30. We have a good and talent generation. We only need a good manager can use them and improve them
Hopefully the current base of players will give us possibilities to buy a few great players in next windows in those areas that lack.

Next we need CMF and ST and GK. Would be great if we could go big on those, having such a young talented team now.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Hopefully the current base of players will give us possibilities to buy a few great players in next windows in those areas that lack.

Next we need CMF and ST and GK. Would be great if we could go big on those, having such a young talented team now.
I think we already went big on GK, but I agree with the priorities.

AmsterdamGunner

We should get Onana in for just a few million in januari, he is a great goalkeeper. But we just spend 30 million on a goalie so i don’t see us buying another one.

drippin

Leno will likely be out by next year, so of course we will buy a GK who will compete with Ramsdale. Ramsdale also has said that he thinks competition is very good for GK spot.

We are not going to buy some cheap bad 2nd goalie.

Onana would be a fine choice, unless he is going to bigger teams, or demands to be 1st choice.

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
I think we already went big on GK, but I agree with the priorities.
I'm sure we will buy one or two ST next summer because Nketia and Lacazette out next summer, maybe Auba too. Excited for the next summer.
New manager? new director? new owner?
This summer reminds me of a Liverpool summer when they bought a lot but didn't work. The summer Liverpool bought Joe Allen, Herderson..... But after that everything changed with VVD, Allison, Salah...

dave_rwr

Established Member

He didn't even hold firm on his predictions, but remember these days?

Laugh Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Token Yank

Good window to build a squad. Don't think we realistically could have done anything to get back into the top 4 this window. The gap is too large. Hopefully finish in a Europa league spot. Get rid of the legacy bums over the next couple windows and bring in some massive signings to push the squad over the top. Here's to hoping.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Eddie Nketiah (Arsenal)​

After Crystal Palace turned to Odsonne Edouard, Eddie Nketiah has been left stranded at Arsenal. As The Athletic revealed last week, Palace had bid £10 million for Nketiah, with Arsenal having set an asking price of £20 million. Arsenal were prepared to drop their demands to around £15 million, but Palace decided instead on a £12 million move for Frenchman Edouard.

It means 22-year-old Nketiah now finds himself stuck in north London, behind at least Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Alexandre Lacazette in the pecking order. Nketiah has 10 months remaining on his Arsenal contract and has thus far resisted the club’s attempts to extend the deal. If he leaves next summer, Arsenal would be due training compensation decided by a tribunal.

Sead Kolasinac is another who remains, for now, with Arsenal. The Bosnian held talks with Fenerbahce about a potential move, but the Turkish club baulked at his financial demands.

“Sead Kolasinac’s representatives contacted us,” Fenerbahce president Ali Koc told Turkish media. “They asked for a three-year contract and three million euros per year with a three million signing on fee.” That put paid to any deal, for the time being — although the Turkish transfer window remains open until September 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom