• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Deco targeted by PSG

Mark

Established Member
He's a good player who would surely move to a bigger league than the French league.

seanconvey66

French league is a step up from Portugal. 2 quarter finalists in the champs. Bordeaux and Marseille in the Uefa. Whereas i think Porto are only Portugese club still in.

brianfrance

Established Member
Yeah 3rd, so qualified for the CL at this moment...
And they played very well now (they loose against Lens 1-0, 2 days ago, but it's the first loose from 17 matches!)
Somes good to excellent players are at PSG :
Goal Keeper : Alonzo (Good) Letizi (good)
D: Heinze (excellent) Dehu (excellent) Pierre Fanfan (very good) Mendy (excellent)
M:Cana (good) Sorin (very good) Rocchi (good) M'Bami (good) Benachour (good) Reinaldo (sometimes bad, sometimes highly excellent!) Leal (good) Boskovic (good)
A: Pauleta (great) Ljuboja (excellent) Fiorese (good) Touré (good)

If you add Deco and Wiltord (if he come at PSG) + 2 or 3 nice young as every year from the Youth team, next year can be a very good PSG !

brianfrance

Established Member
Please see him next time you can :wink:
Well, he can play as striker, but he's a Bergkamp style. Not a real 9, not a real 10. A 9 1/2 !
His best quality is the athletic. Not strong, but he can play all the match without any problem. So, he's always highly dangerous in the 2nd half. His free-kick are terrific too !
Since Paris have bought him in this Winter, they play very very very better. He can dynamite any offense system, and as PSG have a real N°9 with Pauleta, this guy was the best choice. The duo Pauleta-Ljuboja is maybe the most terrific in the french league, only Lyon can say they have a similar or a bit better offense with Luyindula-Elber-Govou-Juninho (Striker+Midfield, not 4 strikers!)

Adam

Established Member
Mido and Drogba have been impressive, as have Morientes and Prso, Aderbayon etc...

Who did PSG buy Ljuboja off?

brianfrance

Established Member
Mmmm ! You have been impressed by Adebayor. Adebayor always does big error. I don't like him very well...
Mido seems to be better since 2 or 3 matches. Drogba as usual, a great striker, and fully in the OM striker style ! But the duo Mido-Drogba (and don't forget Marlet; sometimes Drogba-Mido; Drogba-Marlet; Mido-Drogba-Marlet) has not the level of Pauleta-Ljuboja. They don't have an automatic and easy play between them.

Who did PSG buy Ljuboja off?
I'm sorry, I don't understand very well your question. :eek:ops:

BTW, It's a pleasure to see people know the french league, and can speak without any preference, so very objective talking

Sammer

Established Member
Especially Drogba seems like a really skilled player. Wouldn´t mind to see him ending up at Arsenal as a future replacement for Kolo.
I was really impressed on his ability to hold the ball (Kolo-style) and his technically ability.

brianfrance

Established Member
Sammer said:
Especially Drogba seems like a really skilled player. Wouldn´t mind to see him ending up at Arsenal as a future replacement for Kolo.
I was really impressed on his ability to hold the ball (Kolo-style) and his technically ability.
I will be happy to see him in a great club, like Arsenal. But this type of player give interest in the french League, which is very needed. Hope he can stay one year again, and leave France after

He has a great ability in front of the goal, yeah. And as a Ronaldo, a Trez or a Makaay, he's always where he has to be.

Adam

Established Member
I hoped we would sign Drogba from Guingamp as he is an athlete. A true Arsène player.

I like many athletic players to be honest - Trabelsi, Martins, Yaya Toure, Drogba, Sissoko, Etoo etc

They also have great technique.

I expect United to start buying more athletically and physically to keep up with our side. There are early indications through the purchases of Djemba and Bellion.

brianfrance

Established Member
Adam said:
I hoped we would sign Drogba from Guingamp as he is an athlete. A true Arsène player.

I like many athletic players to be honest - Trabelsi, Martins, Yaya Toure, Drogba, Sissoko, Etoo etc

They also have great technique.

I expect United to start buying more athletically and physically to keep up with our side. There are early indications through the purchases of Djemba and Bellion.
Adam you really impressed me :wink: you know that Drogba played for Guimguamp ! Do you know he played before for Le Mans ? :D :twisted:

Yeah MU should buy this type of player, but I think Drogba will prefer Italy or Spain (as he said in an interview, few month ago)

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Top Bottom