• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edgar Davids

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnishevchenko

[/quote]It's not his fault Mancini doesn't like his hairstyle or whatever. Look what he did for Barca.[/quote]

i agree.. i do think davids can still be the pit bull he was! and it has been proven.. if he comes cheaply, i would welcome him with an open arm!

agnishevchenko

hey, come on!! i hope we will really sign him..and i would like to see ur face when the pit bull proves u wrong! mine would be like this ;D ..

thegame24

Established Member
kel you really need to start watching football.

first you say rdinho is average now you say davids cant go forward or pass.

dude watch some football.

Alexone234

I wouldn't mind him and dacourt coming. Both players can do a job for us. It is only a sticky plaster thought, we have to look for a long term new CDM.

koivu

Davids and Vieira are my two favourite CM of all time, I would have loved to have seen them together on the pitch at the Arse. I think Davids is a great short-term replacement. he may not be a carbon copy of paddy but he's got a lot to offer still.

Ronaldinho average? :?

asajoseph

Established Member
I don't like Davids as an option any more, and I've said it several times. Great in his prime, but that was a while ago and he's only getting worse. At the salary he'll cost, I'd rather take a young talent.

the dawn raids

Established Member
besides cesc and flamini already, if we sign song, how much more youth are we going to need at cm? davids works as an option for me so well because he'll only be he 2 years tops; by that time the kids will be ready to take over. it seems a win-win to me.

asajoseph

Established Member
I don't even want to imagine Davids here in 2 years time. If we're not going to pay proper money for a player in their prime, don't bother signing over the hill players who are getting worse by the month and injured more and more often.

the dawn raids

Established Member
its not that i dont agree asa, its that with our transfer dealings (besides Baptista and contract extentions) being virtually nonexistant right now, we are going to need someone. it seems all potential targets are drying up fast (Diarra with his contract extention, Jenas now cup-tied), and were going to need someone to give the kids a lift, both on the pitch and off it in training.

we all know that wenger works in secrecy when it comes to transfers, so if he is going after someone now then i stand corrected. but if he isnt, davids would be a good short term solution, with the pedigree of football success hes had that could be useful for a year or two. is he my top choice? of course not, but at this stage id say we could do worse.

thegame24

Established Member
if we got baptista and davids together id be ok with it.

I see flamini as our davids anyway only not as good in attack.

Canuck

Established Member
Davids always enjoyed going forward and working the fast short passes around the box and I agree that Flamini has the potential to be our MF "engine" but I actually think that once he's refined a bit more he'll be a much better finisher than Davids ever was.

Quite like to see Davids, suits Arsenal, pacey good tackler, can push forward well. Only heard he's a liability on the injury front, pretty much spent most of last season on the sidelines that's why inter are getting rid of him. Not sure AW would take the gamble since he'd probably be getting a high wage.

kel varnsen

Established Member
thegame24 said:

flamini is better going forward. maybe he is not as good on the ball, but flamini's movement off the ball is way better. davids is useless going forward; headless chicken. rubbish footballer...

djphonze

yeah all the speculation bout Davids...I'd love to see him at Arsenal but of course it's never gonna happen as we all know Arsenal's policy against signing players like that. No exception!!

Ratinho

Established Member
Davids actually on a pitch in Inter's kit??

Someones hacked Arsenal.com again, that can't be a real pic.

Gurgen

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
thegame24 said:

flamini is better going forward. maybe he is not as good on the ball, but flamini's movement off the ball is way better. davids is useless going forward; headless chicken. rubbish footballer...

Davids rubbish. And I thought I had heard it all :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom