• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Release Clause Targets: January 2022

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,770
  • Views 285,894

Which CF would you sign?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Amine Gouiri does look very good, had a great start to this season with 5 goals and 3 assists in 8 games.

Summer of 22 could be a good time to snap up some pretty good striking talent with the likes of United, City, Real and PSG having all eyes on Mbappe and Haaland as well as probably Kane again - and if not Kane I could see Pep eyeing a PL proven CF like Calvert-Lewin for a lot of money.

Forwards like Amine Gouiri, Patrik Schick, Sasa Kalajdzic, Arthur Cabral, Sardar Azmoun, Youssef En-Nesyri could all fly under the radar a bit while the big fish battle it out for Mbappe, Haaland and Kane.
Completely agree, maybe add Vlahovic and Toney to that list as well if they have good seasons.

On Amine Gouri - yeah his all round game looks really interesting. He seems to have a bit of everything - aerial ability, speed, technical play, vision for a pass. As you said, he's started the season well, as he did last year as well. Also has the versatility to play anywhere from AM to centre forward. He probably needs to demonstrate that he's hitting 20 G+A in France to show that he has the quality to make the step up at Arsenal. Probably not the same level, but he reminds me of a young Van Persie.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
On Amine Gouri - yeah his all round game looks really interesting. He seems to have a bit of everything - aerial ability, speed, technical play, vision for a pass. As you said, he's started the season well, as he did last year as well. Also has the versatility to play anywhere from AM to centre forward. He probably needs to demonstrate that he's hitting 20 G+A in France to show that he has the quality to make the step up at Arsenal. Probably not the same level, but he reminds me of a young Van Persie.

Sounds an interesting player indeed.

What we do need, to give us more in game flexibility, is a forward who can drop into midfield (as Lacazette does), run in behind (as Auba does), and be able to win the ball in the air and lay it off to forwards/midfielders closeby (as Giroud did).

Vlahovic seems the closest to me in what I've seen thus far, so Ill definitely be interested to see what Gouri brings to the table.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Sounds an interesting player indeed.

What we do need, to give us more in game flexibility, is a forward who can drop into midfield (as Lacazette does), run in behind (as Auba does), and be able to win the ball in the air and lay it off to forwards/midfielders closeby (as Giroud did).

Vlahovic seems the closest to me in what I've seen thus far, so Ill definitely be interested to see what Gouri brings to the table.
Should add that I've only seen his highlights and match comps and a bit of his France U21 performances. Be good to get the view of a Ligue 1 watcher on here.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When Toney bantered us in that video, didn't he also kinda imply that we should buy him? ( if we ever get linked to him though, can't wait for Brentford fans to say it's a sideways move, as Arsenal aren't the same team they were in the 00s :lol: )

Would prefer Ivan to most strikers right now that we could realistically get, has a bit of chaos factor about him that others don't.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

For me Toney is better option than Watkins
All these English players mentioned here seem to have contract until 2025, so they will be way too expensive for my liking.

Does it have to be HG always? Don't we have enough already?

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Good goal rate for the Czechs, too, including top scorer at the EC.

As many Bundesliga flops there are, there are a lot of hits, too. Think it's got more to do with the profile of player than which league they came from. Firmino, Rüdiger, De Bruyne, Keita seems to have come good, Mané came from the Austrian league even, Groß at Brighton is one of their most important players, then there's Son and Höjberg, Soyüncü.

There's also examples of players going the other way and not coping: There's not only Bellingham and Sancho, e.g. Nelson and Lookman were absolute flops in Germany, Guendouzi was a very mixed bag at Hertha.

Arsenal itself did some very good business with German clubs: Rosicky, Hleb, Mertesacker from the top of my head.

Schick seems very well rounded by now and he's now been scoring regularly at Leipzig and Leverkusen after his bad time at Roma.

You forgot a name:

drippin

This is more like it, but I go only by what you say. Contract until 2024. If he has a great season, he could be an option. Otherwise not sure he has enough quality yet.

He has played 25 games at CF and 15 games at LW in Ligue 1 thus far, so is exactly the kind of player that could play LW sometimes if needed, while we still have Auba. Would leave us more money on other positions.

I would like to go big on a CMF, but also on a striker, so not sure.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

When Toney bantered us in that video, didn't he also kinda imply that we should buy him? ( if we ever get linked to him though, can't wait for Brentford fans to say it's a sideways move, as Arsenal aren't the same team they were in the 00s :lol: )

Would prefer Ivan to most strikers right now that we could realistically get, has a bit of chaos factor about him that others don't.
How about Ivan has atleast one good season at top flight? He has shown very little so far. His fellow strike partner have actually been better so far

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

How about Ivan has atleast one good season at top flight? He has shown very little so far. His fellow strike partner have actually been better so far
Mbuemo has numbers but he hasn’t looked good. Tony’s been running the show so far.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Mbuemo has numbers but he hasn’t looked good. Tony’s been running the show so far.
Mbuemo is the one constantly running behind defences and beating players while they use Ivan as target man. When Ivan was mbuemos age he was in league 1

drippin

Here is Gouiri from this season with two others. Looks good. I watched a compilation of his, and seems very well rounded, a bit like Benzema. He also seems to be good at crossing, giving corners.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Great to see him back and that the club are willing to help him out as well. He speaks well too and is bound to have some good advice for the Hale enders
If he forced to retire and complete his badges need him offer him a job in academy but i don't think he thinking about retiring yet

ArsenalInMyHeart

This is your brain on ITK addiction
I think we have to sell Lacazette and Nketia because they will be free in the next summer.
Andrea Belloti, his contract will be expired in June 2022. We can get him in Jan. He is 27 years old and he is still a good option. he can replace Lacazette and Nketia. And the next summer we can get a top striker to replace Auba.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think we have to sell Lacazette and Nketia because they will be free in the next summer.
Andrea Belloti, his contract will be expired in June 2022. We can get him in Jan. He is 27 years old and he is still a good option. he can replace Lacazette and Nketia. And the next summer we can get a top striker to replace Auba.
They both leaving on free. Both can talk to clubs outside of pl in January and April can sign of anyone in England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom