• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win EFL Cup 2nd Round: West Brom 0 - 6 Arsenal | Wednesday, August 25 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Who advances to the 3rd round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Theres plenty, dont play a high line against a team that is technically better than you and has quick players up front while starting reserve team players and slow defenders.... wait this seems familiar 🤔
Did you mean to quote someone else? I acknowledged the opposition’s weakness. I’m not talking tactics. I’m talking attitude. A guy who wants to leave doesn’t look like he did today. But if you need to be a pessimist, carry on.

Melquiades

I hear you, but you can only play what’s in front of you. Acid test now is Burnley and Norwich. Almost feel City is irrelevant in the context of our season.

Absolutely.

If we win against City or if we lose 6-0 that would have relevance, but if we have a Chelsea-type 0-2 result against them ... pretty much expected.

The team has to win against Burnley and Norwich. Even dropping one of those games to sit at 1-4 heading into the Sp**s fixture would be a disaster and at that point Arteta's job would surely have to be in serious danger.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Given the opposition and the way we started (being fairly rubbish for the first 15 min.) no need to go overboard with optimism. Still, we put 6 goals behind them and left with a clean sheet. Hopefully it should help lift some pressure and we can get a decent result and game against City. One thing is clear, we looked a lot better with Ødegaard, Auba and Laca on the pitch. Partey also cannot rejoin the starting 11 soon enough!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Our away fans are ****ing boss btw. Not sure how they muster the strength sometimes. Massive kudos. Hope they enjoy this result, as much as you could in Brum.
The traveling fans deserve a lot of credit. They are the backbone of the club's fans. Enjoyed hearing them throughout the game. They more than anyone else deserve this win! Hopefully takes the sting out of having to travel to Birmingham... ;)

rockofcashel

Absolutely.

If we win against City or if we lose 6-0 that would have relevance, but if we have a Chelsea-type 0-2 result against them ... pretty much expected.

The team has to win against Burnley and Norwich. Even dropping one of those games to sit at 1-4 heading into the Sp**s fixture would be a disaster and at that point Arteta's job would surely have to be in serious danger.

Thats exactly it.. as much as we hate saying it, Chelsea and Man City were in the CL final two months ago.. we finished eight.. we could have expected to lose those games so anything from City at the weekend is a bonus

Brentford was an anomoly.. they were riding high with a full stadium after half a century and we were screwed with Covid

We have to beat Norwich and Burnley though.

Tonight in my opinion, was our final pre season game.. the league starts here now

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Thats exactly it.. as much as we hate saying it, Chelsea and Man City were in the CL final two months ago.. we finished eight.. we could have expected to lose those games so anything from City at the weekend is a bonus

Brentford was an anomoly.. they were riding high with a full stadium after half a century and we were screwed with Covid

We have to beat Norwich and Burnley though.

Tonight in my opinion, was our final pre season game.. the league starts here now
God here we go, one win against some bunch of kids and people starts this nonsense. Is not about expected results, is about how bloody shiite we played since covid quarantine. Obviously players have quality and they get some points eventually. The problem is that is not going to give any better result than mid table.

If we were playing good and fluid football like Leeds for example, where you can see the involvement and where the results are actually related to the lack of quality players and money then I can tell you that very few people would be asking for his head. But this is not the case, we still have that horrible football without ideas that leads to finish every play with a cross from LB.

Wryer

Time to give a little biscuit back.

I thought it was smart of Arteta to play a semi-strong team to get some positivity going. Given his conservative style, it must have been extremely tempting to rest the first team for the Man City game.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

And without European football we don't need to rotate as much. If I could have my way we should minimise rotation and just play more or less the same team week in and week out.

Wryer

Time to give a little biscuit back.

I thought it was smart of Arteta to play a semi-strong team to get some positivity going. Given his conservative style, it must have been extremely tempting to rest the first team for the Man City game.
Oh hindsight, I wonder if Arteta has the courage to walk his dog walk down the street without Xhaka by his side. :lol:

Let's play Aubamawang

Ramsdale showed far more composure and better decision making than we've ever seen from Leno. He can see the right pass rather than just trying to get rid of it immediately. Much calmer influence on the defence like Martinez. Shame we didn't just save ourselves a few million and keep Emi instead but alas that would be too obvious.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Ramsdale showed far more composure and better decision making than we've ever seen from Leno. He can see the right pass rather than just trying to get rid of it immediately. Much calmer influence on the defence like Martinez. Shame we didn't just save ourselves a few million and keep Emi instead but alas that would be too obvious.
My heart sank when he had that heavy fall. Would be classic Arsenal to be injured on your debut.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Loving the positivity here, but I can't shake the first 16 minutes up until Auba scored. We couldn't play out of their press. We didn't play to the team's strengths.

I'm not sure, but the way we played seemed really contradictory to Arteta's instructions. It's almost if the transition football just came about naturally when the team realised they were up against low quality opposition.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom