• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

New Football Kits

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Chelsea tryna be cool

n-AMY-POEHLER-COOL-MOM-628x314.jpg

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Do you think the players have any say in what they do in these videos...or do they just get yelled at by the director, until they do what they are told? :lol:

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Mason Mount came out with an interesting line in the fluff for the Chelsea release. He said he likes how sustainable the kit was, that football was leading the way in sustainability. It's total bullsh*t obviously, but it highlights a real problem. The clothes industry in general is very unsustainable, fast fashion is bad for the environment, simple as. And here we are with new kits every season, that some people actually buy every season.

And we're one of the biggest culprits, how many kits did we release in the 21/22 season alone? Genuinely lost count, if you wanted to and had the financial resources you could buy a whole walk-in wardrobe of Arsenal gear just from this season.

If football actually wanted to be sustainable, surely it would release fewer kits?

Riou

The yellow Arsenal kit looks alright, tbf...but does anyone else feel there are barely any quality looking shirts anymore, find a lot of them meh to crap.

I am not sure if this is just me outgrowing them, as I still wear football tops.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Mason Mount came out with an interesting line in the fluff for the Chelsea release. He said he likes how sustainable the kit was, that football was leading the way in sustainability. It's total bullsh*t obviously, but it highlights a real problem. The clothes industry in general is very unsustainable, fast fashion is bad for the environment, simple as. And here we are with new kits every season, that some people actually buy every season.

And we're one of the biggest culprits, how many kits did we release in the 21/22 season alone? Genuinely lost count, if you wanted to and had the financial resources you could buy a whole walk-in wardrobe of Arsenal gear just from this season.

If football actually wanted to be sustainable, surely it would release fewer kits?

It's the usual greenwashing by big corporations. Pretending to care about sustainability has become a marketing strategy.

Even Nike is trying to create a sustainable image, while they're still one of the most unethical clothing companies in the world. Comical stuff

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
It's the usual greenwashing by big corporations. Pretending to care about sustainability has become a marketing strategy.

Even Nike is trying to create a sustainable image, while they're still one of the most unethical clothing companies in the world. Comical stuff

Yes, "woke capitalism", basically.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
The yellow Arsenal kit looks alright, tbf...but does anyone else feel there are barely any quality looking shirts anymore, find a lot of them meh to crap.

I actually think 'meh' is what a lot of them are aiming for, I'm not one to wear football shirts or merch, think thats for people 21 and younger but the target audience is huge.

The designers have to cater to the young kids who want a flashy kit, teen to young adults who want to be able to mix it with other clothing options, then you got fat dave and his middle aged mates still wearing them down the pub or to games.

A lot of kits are just meh, the pale yellow Arsenal kit, I dont particularly like it but at the same time its such a non offensive kit that no one is really going to hate, again I'm not a fan of it but if I was to wear it I wouldnt get the feeling it looks or I look **** in it and I think thats what they aim for these days.

Adidas and Nike play it so safe these days, the only time the creativity really flows is World Cup kits designs.

Puma are probably the only big designer in football who take a bit of risk with kits.

Riou

That Everton kit would be quite nice, if not for the stupid orange Miss World sash across it.

Top Bottom