• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FPL (Fantasy Premier League)

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Transferred one Arsenal player for another. OUT :- Rice, IN :- Saka.

(On Paper) midfield looks alright. Bowen, Salah, Gordon, Saka, Doucoure.

blrgooner

Established Member
Apparently his whole family sold him before the game. I was going to sell Guehi for Colwill, but now I have to deal with this situation. Assuming he's out for a few weeks could take a punt and get both Trent and Watkins for Guehi and Haaland.
Wow. I was out traveling last week and didn`t get time to do much and I have gone from having a bad season so far to a pathetic season. Haaland was my captain and I never realized that my VC was on Nunez( Would have transferred it to Salah). I have to deal with Cash,Guehi and now Haaland. I am wondering whether removing Haaland for a hit is worth it.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Wow. I was out traveling last week and didn`t get time to do much and I have gone from having a bad season so far to a pathetic season. Haaland was my captain and I never realized that my VC was on Nunez( Would have transferred it to Salah). I have to deal with Cash,Guehi and now Haaland. I am wondering whether removing Haaland for a hit is worth it.

Might be. He has a blank gameweek coming up as well.

I’d have moved him on this week if I had 2 transfers, only reason I kept him.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
After a long period in the desert, at some point even reaching around 5m in rank, I'm back on the up. Reached the top of my mini-league with friends this week with 89 points. Was contemplating Richarlison -> Saka which would've given me my first 100(-4) gameweek. Currently around 375k, so my goal of top 100k should still be possible.

Now I'm contemplating two strategies:
1: sell Richarlison for Saka this week. Triple captain Haaland.
2: sell Al-Dakhil who's been lounging on my bench all season without getting gametime (-0.2 in value, great) for either Doughty (leaves the Richarlison -> Saka transfer open for next week) or Walker (better double, plays in 26) and bench boost with the following bench: Dubravka (BOU), Estupinan (SHU), Saliba (BUR), Archer (BHA).

What tactic would you go for? I have 6 DG players (Doughty/Walker, TAA, Jota, Foden, Haaland, Flekken) with option two and probably the strongest bench I've had all season (Archer coming away with a return this GW). Not triple captaining Haaland is a risk, though, and would basically force me to go for Solanke in GW28. Potential upside if Pep rotates.

blrgooner

Established Member
After a long period in the desert, at some point even reaching around 5m in rank, I'm back on the up. Reached the top of my mini-league with friends this week with 89 points. Was contemplating Richarlison -> Saka which would've given me my first 100(-4) gameweek. Currently around 375k, so my goal of top 100k should still be possible.

Now I'm contemplating two strategies:
1: sell Richarlison for Saka this week. Triple captain Haaland.
2: sell Al-Dakhil who's been lounging on my bench all season without getting gametime (-0.2 in value, great) for either Doughty (leaves the Richarlison -> Saka transfer open for next week) or Walker (better double, plays in 26) and bench boost with the following bench: Dubravka (BOU), Estupinan (SHU), Saliba (BUR), Archer (BHA).

What tactic would you go for? I have 6 DG players (Doughty/Walker, TAA, Jota, Foden, Haaland, Flekken) with option two and probably the strongest bench I've had all season (Archer coming away with a return this GW). Not triple captaining Haaland is a risk, though, and would basically force me to go for Solanke in GW28. Potential upside if Pep rotates.
I have been having hilariously bad luck this time. I had Foden on the bench in the week he got 20 points and had exactly the same issue with Schar twice when he scored and those were exactly the two games where I had benched him.

For your issue, I think BB is a decent option but do you really think Archer is even a nailed on starter? I think you can maybe expect 12-15 points from that bench. If you do expect Haaland to get that much over the double game week, I think triple captain is a better choice. I usually think Bench boost is more valuable than triple captain and if both of those chips are likely to return the same number of points, I would prefer to use triple captain.

Dutch D

I have been having hilariously bad luck this time. I had Foden on the bench in the week he got 20 points and had exactly the same issue with Schar twice when he scored and those were exactly the two games where I had benched him.

For your issue, I think BB is a decent option but do you really think Archer is even a nailed on starter? I think you can maybe expect 12-15 points from that bench. If you do expect Haaland to get that much over the double game week, I think triple captain is a better choice. I usually think Bench boost is more valuable than triple captain and if both of those chips are likely to return the same number of points, I would prefer to use triple captain.
I agree. The Trent-injury kind of forced my hand anyway. Went with a -4: TAA->Ake, Archer->Darwin.

11 players with a transfer next week if Al-Dakhil plays, otherwise a -4 is necessary to field 11 next year. Al-Dakhil needs to get binned anyway.

blrgooner

Established Member
I agree. The Trent-injury kind of forced my hand anyway. Went with a -4: TAA->Ake, Archer->Darwin.

11 players with a transfer next week if Al-Dakhil plays, otherwise a -4 is necessary to field 11 next year. Al-Dakhil needs to get binned anyway.
I am currently confused whether to get Toney for Watkins. I have Darwin and VVD from Liverpool and Ake, Foden and Haaland from City.
Darwin was actually my first transfer this week. I brought him on for Solanke. So any transfer now would mean a -4. I am unsure about getting another Liverpool player because I have Palmer and Richarlison and one more Pool player would mean I have to take a -4 next week as well. This is why I am considering Toney because in any case, I need to get rid of one Liverpool player next week and if Watkins price reduces by 0.1, I could get Watkins back next week for Darwin( And then move him on to Solanke by 28) while keeping Toney in the team.
What would you suggest? Do you think Toney is worth it over the next few weeks?

Dutch D

I am currently confused whether to get Toney for Watkins. I have Darwin and VVD from Liverpool and Ake, Foden and Haaland from City.
Darwin was actually my first transfer this week. I brought him on for Solanke. So any transfer now would mean a -4. I am unsure about getting another Liverpool player because I have Palmer and Richarlison and one more Pool player would mean I have to take a -4 next week as well. This is why I am considering Toney because in any case, I need to get rid of one Liverpool player next week and if Watkins price reduces by 0.1, I could get Watkins back next week for Darwin( And then move him on to Solanke by 28) while keeping Toney in the team.
What would you suggest? Do you think Toney is worth it over the next few weeks?
Man, I had a super busy weekend, sorry for the late reply. I'm assuming you made an intelligent decision. Both Watkins and Toney play next week, right? I think having both Toney and Watkins would be great in GW26. I've had my eye on Toney, but I can't fit him in.

Did you get another Pool player? I think I would've advised against it.

blrgooner

Established Member
Man, I had a super busy weekend, sorry for the late reply. I'm assuming you made an intelligent decision. Both Watkins and Toney play next week, right? I think having both Toney and Watkins would be great in GW26. I've had my eye on Toney, but I can't fit him in.

Did you get another Pool player? I think I would've advised against it.
I didn`t get another pool player but I did make the stupid last minute decision of going for Toney instead of Watkins. Though Watkins was going to play next week, I thought I anyways have to make a transfer of a liverpool player next week and it could be Darwin to Watkins. I didn`t really think Watkins will do as well as he did against Fulham either. I think it was all a big mess starting with the fact that I made the Darwin for Solanke transfer too early.

Dutch D

I didn`t get another pool player but I did make the stupid last minute decision of going for Toney instead of Watkins. Though Watkins was going to play next week, I thought I anyways have to make a transfer of a liverpool player next week and it could be Darwin to Watkins. I didn`t really think Watkins will do as well as he did against Fulham either. I think it was all a big mess starting with the fact that I made the Darwin for Solanke transfer too early.
Those weeks happen man, sucks when it does.

Dutch D

Was doubting all week between Ait-Nouri and Pau Torres. Went with Pau because he gives me more flexibility towards blank GW29, although I was already 80% sure I will free hit then. Decision cost me 11 points, could've been an amazing gameweek, now it's average at best, but I maintained my rank.

Bit of a headache this week on who to field in midfield/attack. Have to leave out one of Darwin/Richarlison/Gross/Palmer, who all have pretty good fixtures. And I'm tempted to swap Darwin with Solanke, who also has a good fixture. Also question whether to field Ake or Estupinan. The latter is barely getting minutes, but he played 30 last week and Fulham does represent a better chance at a clean sheet than Man United. Decisions, decisions...

Top Bottom