• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

French Team for the 31st (against Nederlands)

brianfrance

Established Member
Goal Keeper: Fabien Barthez (Marseille), Grégory Coupet (Lyon)

DEF: Jean-Alain Boumsong (Auxerre), Marcel Desailly (Chelsea/Ang), Mikaël Silvestre (Manchester United/Ang), William Gallas (Chelsea/Ang), Bixente Lizarazu (Bayern Munich/All), Lilian Thuram (Juventus Turin/Ita), Willy Sagnol (Bayern Munich/All).

MID: Claude Makelele (Chelsea/Ang), Olivier Dacourt (AS Rome/Ita), Patrick Vieira (Arsenal/Ang), Robert Pires (Arsenal/Ang), Zinédine Zidane (Real Madrid/Esp), Ludovic Giuly (Monaco), Johan Micoud (Werder Brême/All).

A: Thierry Henry (Arsenal/Ang), David Trezeguet (Juventus Turin/Ita), Steve Marlet (Marseille), Peguy Luyindula (Lyon).

You can note the come back of Micoud (wonderful year for him in Werder Breme) and Anelka not choose.... fine

Gunnsie

can someone please tell me what injury wiltord has? He's literally been out since the start of the season, is it cruciates?

brianfrance

Established Member
But as the French newspaper say, what will be the defense ??

First Choice (right > left)
Thuram - Desailly - Gallas - Liza
2° : Sagnol - Thuram - Desailly - Liza
3° : Sagnol - Thuram - Gallas - Silvestre
4° : Thuram - Gallas - Silvestre - Liza

????? I hope the 2° IMO the best choice...

No doubt about middle and stikers,
Makelele Viera Zizou Pires Henry Trez

brianfrance

Established Member
Jinn said:
I thought they don't pick Pires and Zidane in the same team?
Many times they couldn't play together coz of injuries !
But since Santini is the boss, and they weren't injuried, they can play together. (But Maybe Micoud will play at the place of Pires, coz it's his last chance to get a ticket for Euro. Not sure at all for that, but with Santini nothing is impossible!!!)

AFCG7

Established Member
They dont play Zidane and Pires in the same 11.
Zidane will probably play one half and Pires the other.
Wiltord must be injured because he is one of Santinis preferred players whether or nt he's playing for us.

brianfrance

Established Member
We'll see the Santini tactics the 31st..
BTW, he speak about Wiltord by these terms
"he has somes weeks to come back into the team. He's a pilar of the team"
About Anelka
"he has received a pre-selection. Now he knows that he can be called to play with us"

brianfrance

Established Member
The team of the young : You can see Gaël and Ali :D :D
Chaigneau (Rennes), Gavanon (Marseille) - Berthod (Lyon), Chrétien (Nancy), Ciani (Charleroi), Clichy (Arsenal), Drouin (Nantes), Faty (Rennes), Laurenti (Ajaccio ) - Didot (Rennes), Flamini (Marseille), Mathieu (Sochaux), Mavuba (Bordeaux), Meghni (Bologne), Toulalan (Nantes) - Aliadière (Arsenal), Ben Saada (Bastia), Bergougnoux (Lyon), Franco (Bordeaux), Mocquet (Le Havre).

Mark

Established Member
I don't think Anelka will like this. I don't think he will make Euro 2004 now. Shame really.

kNiteMare

brianfrance said:
Mark said:
I don't think Anelka will like this.
I don't think that too :lol: :lol:

Satini is :evil: :evil: . Offer him hope by saying if he apologise, humbled him in front of the world, then humiliate him again by not selecting him in the final 22.

brianfrance

Established Member
Marlet is a friend of Santini, cos he plays at Lyon when Boss was coach.
Saha is better, no doubt, but the boss is the boss !
And he call one more middle, so one striker cannot be called, it's saha (or anelka, it's your choice :lol: )

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I'm surprised to see Luyindula in the squad infront of the likes of Cisse and Govou. No Mexes either. Micoud deserves his recall coz he's had a super season with Bremen.

brianfrance

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
I'm surprised to see Luyindula in the squad infront of the likes of Cisse and Govou. No Mexes either. Micoud deserves his recall coz he's had a super season with Bremen.
Cisse will not play at Euro, so it make no sense to call him for pre-euro match
Mexes is injured
Govou is a bit tired, so this time is Luyindula, next will be Govou (no doubt Govou will be at Euro. He's better than Wiltord)
Micoud had an extra season, hope he can win both Bundesliga and Cup :D

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 27

Arsenal are considering a loan move for Barcelona striker Victor Roque [Sport]

Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton and Crystal Palace are in the race to sign Emile Smith Rowe [TeamTalk]

Fabio Vieira could leave the club if the club receives a “good proposal” [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal, Man Utd and PSG are the favourites to land 18 year old attacker Désiré Doué. Rennes want €40m after turning down half that from Leverkusen in January. [RMC]

Newcastle’s interest in Aaron Ramsdale has cooled as they view the £30m asking price as too high [Craig Hope - Daily Mail]

Latest posts

Top Bottom