• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gareth Southgate's England

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

England has managed to find a way to disappoint me before the Euros, this has been a pretty sad thread.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
England should have won Euro 2004, that was the best team they had since I have been watching football.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
England should have won Euro 2004, that was the best team they had since I have been watching football.
There were at least 3 or 4 teams better in that tournament. Also English players are so overrated Lampard and Scholes aren't all that.

Riou

There were at least 3 or 4 teams better in that tournament. Also English players are so overrated Lampard and Scholes aren't all that.

I think that was their best chance, thought they were the best team.

In 2002 and 2006 I thought there were better teams, but not 2004...you not an England fan?

Jakarta

If he starts Sterling or Rashford over Grealish:red:

Should be

_______Henderson——Rice——-
—-Foden——Mount——-Grealish
——————-Kane———————-

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I think that was their best chance, thought they were the best team.

In 2002 and 2006 I thought there were better teams, but not 2004...you not an England fan?
I always root for England I just never thought Lampard or Scholes were that good. Lampard always had amazing midfielders behind him and an elite defence at Chelsea so he had the freedom to do whatever. Scholes was a good midfielder but not this elite world class amazing guy people would go on, Ferguson could win the league with Anderson and Clevery in midfield so that tells us enough. Wasn't Owen washed up by then? I'm pretty sure injuries finished him.

Riou

I always root for England I just never thought Lampard or Scholes were that good. Lampard always had amazing midfielders behind him and an elite defence at Chelsea so he had the freedom to do whatever. Scholes was a good midfielder but not this elite world class amazing guy people would go on, Ferguson could win the league with Anderson and Clevery in midfield so that tells us enough. Wasn't Owen washed up by then? I'm pretty sure injuries finished him.

Think you are thinking of 2006 with Owen, he was still very good in 2004.

It was the world cup when he broke his leg early on in the tournament, got a very bad injury during the season with Newcastle too...was never really the same.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He was stupidly good at that age. His career overall was a success though you feel he may wonder if he should have achieved more considering how good he was in his teens
Rooney is up there with the goats. His record for club and Country is second to none. Massively talented player. Not sure why he fails to get the respect he deserves.

This England team should goto the final. Only question marks remain over the manager.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Should've based on what? If it's by squad on paper, the strongest team in that tournament was France. If it's by performance during the tournament, the best team was Czech Republic.

If there's any team that deserves to say "we should've won it", it's the Czechs. They crushed the group of death featuring Germany and Netherlands, dominated each of their matches, including the Semis where they missed a **** ton of chances before going down with a silver goal from a corner kick.

Riou

Should've based on what? If it's by squad on paper, the strongest team in that tournament was France. If it's by performance during the tournament, the best team was Czech Republic.

If there's any team that deserves to say "we should've won it", it's the Czechs. They crushed the group of death featuring Germany and Netherlands, dominated each of their matches, including the Semis where they missed a **** ton of chances before going down with a silver goal from a corner kick.

Feel if Rooney didn't get injured v Portugal, they would have won it...despite being probably the best team in the world on paper in 2002 and 2004, France were really poor in those 2 tournaments for some reason, they were much better in 2006 though.

Czechs were unlucky too, I agree.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Feel if Rooney didn't get injured v Portugal, they would have won it...despite being probably the best team in the world on paper in 2002 and 2004, France were really poor in those 2 tournaments for some reason, they were much better in 2006 though.

Czechs were unlucky too, I agree.
England would have a shot, but if we're talking about who "should've" won it, then we have to focus on who was the best performing side when fully fit. To me that was clearly the Czechs. The attacking fivesome of Rosicky, Poborsky, Nedved, Koller and Baros was unplayable in that tournament. They won every single one of their matches, including wins against Netherlands and Germany, on their way to the Semis, where they dominated Greece despite Nedved coming off injured in the first half.

Rooney is up there with the goats. His record for club and Country is second to none. Massively talented player. Not sure why he fails to get the respect he deserves.

This England team should goto the final. Only question marks remain over the manager.

Yeah, he was even good in his later years with United. Just a different and evolved player from his youth.

Weird that people on here are trying to make out he was some youth that dropped off massively.

Latest posts

Top Bottom