• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hossam Ghaly

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 38
  • Views 4,826
Status
Not open for further replies.

kel varnsen

Established Member
if players like de guzman or ghaly doesn't convince henry we mean business, i don't know what will... :?

Zico

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
if players like de guzman or ghaly doesn't convince henry we mean business, i don't know what will... :?

I know! Bringing in Theo Wolcott

sabret00the

Established Member
Chips&CurrySauce said:
Lets face it we have no idea who Arsène was watching...
:clapsmilie: i'm glad someone finally said it, it's all speculation thus far and if it is Kuijt then he's coming at a plan B to torres, i really would prefer a plan A like Ghaly

Zico

Established Member
Sabre, what if a certain plan B is better than another plan A? In this instance if Kuyt is plan B to Torres, he might in fact be better than this Hossam bloke. Either way, I don't care. I don't want either of them as things stand (my inclination on Hossam is based largely on ignorance so I will commit to watching eredivisie every Sunday until I know him) and I won't join the chorus that complains if Wenger fails to nail either of them them.

As for Torres, if we are strengthening the team we will have to sell or swap Ashley Cole, Reyes or others if we also intend to plug gaps in other parts of the team.

A

Anonymous

Ghaly doesn't really sound like the ticket.. now the fact is, he's looking at some dutch players.. Probably from Feynoord. But I don't know or care.. until I hear some proper names being talked about. I can see him going near the dutch leagues.. and then signs some unknown from belgium.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid ... tball_home

Zico

Established Member
Guzman, Kalou, Ghaly, Kuyt. All interesting players, all in one game. Maybe Wenger decided to kill a clutch of birds with one stone. And maybe even discover some other previously unknown players.

One thing to remember: Alex Ferguson made an interesting point this week that Chelsea target players pursued by Arsenal and Man Utd, so in future those teams will have to keep quiet about who they are targeting and sign them as quickly as possible. Sad but true observation from Red Nose.

With that in mind, Wenger might've been looking at Kuyt or Kalou and decided to mention Ghaly as we obviously need a new midfield dynamo. That way Chelsea will be thrown off the trail. Don't forget that the West Londoners might also need strikers following Crespo's latest mutiny.

Gurgen

Established Member
Chips&CurrySauce said:
Lets face it we have no idea who Arsène was watching...

Yes we do.

Mark Wotte told Kuijt important people were coming to watch him. This means Wenger informed Feyenoord he was coming to watch Kuijt, coaches usually inform the other team so they can get premium seats and a VIP treatment :wink:

famous no 10

Established Member
quincy42 said:
Guzman, Kalou, Ghaly, Kuyt. All interesting players, all in one game. Maybe Wenger decided to kill a clutch of birds with one stone. And maybe even discover some other previously unknown players.

One thing to remember: Alex Ferguson made an interesting point this week that Chelsea target players pursued by Arsenal and Man Utd, so in future those teams will have to keep quiet about who they are targeting and sign them as quickly as possible. Sad but true observation from Red Nose.

With that in mind, Wenger might've been looking at Kuyt or Kalou and decided to mention Ghaly as we obviously need a new midfield dynamo. That way Chelsea will be thrown off the trail. Don't forget that the West Londoners might also need strikers following Crespo's latest mutiny.

Actually,, I think Wenger may be using a little reverse psychology...in his dealings/non dealings over the past year he has been very open in what he's doing and who he's watching. I guess that way, with his cards on the table, he can find out who else really is interested in a player, and how much the player wants to join us.

Near to impossible now to keep a potential signing secret, anyway.

Lazyboy

ghaly is a decent player, who could be great. He is very much like vieira only, he loses the ball too much in dangerous places. He can be the best player of the team, and be like vieira one day and be unbelievably frustrating and cr*p another day.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Everybody can relax now & start partying Spuds and Feyenoord reached an agreement on the transfer of liability personified aka Hossam Ghaly.
Ghaly still has to pass a medical.

http://www.vi.nl/vi/show/id=62802/conte ... /sc=9c30c5

(this thread can be closed now.)

By the way Ghaly was on the list of players Feyenoord wanted to get rid off(which says something about how the Feyenoord management rates him)

The_Prince007

Why are we always on the track of trouble-makers :?:
I guess Wenger was a school teacher and knows how to deal with them!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom