• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 943,258
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Sounds like mentality over ability? But at the quoted price - depending on his wages - worth a gamble?

Honestly, not sure what it is....He may have been overhyped. That happens often with Lyon players.
Depending on the price, may be a gamble worth taking since we are not an attractive destination anyway.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

He was great the season when Lyon reached the final Four. Since he has been average to mediocre.
They reached it 19/20, so yeah, he has been worse and had "bad attitude" after he didn't get his move.

Even last season he had 30 games and 7+3, which makes it a point per 179 minutes, which is pretty good for a midfielder.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Dembele just scored for Lyon after a sublime move by Paqueta.
Aouar started the game well but has disappeared the last few minutes.

Legend14

Established Member
I still hold a torch for this player, as Im excited by the idea of Saka, ESR, Ødegaard and Auoar being our creative midfield options for less than 50m expenditure. It opens us up to interesting creative midfield options namely the 433, 442 diamond midfield and a lightweight yet creative 4231 midfield.

It would mean that we put more faith in Lokonga, rotating him with Xhaka and Elneny for the number 6 role. I would be open to that.

Auoar loan with option to buy, and focus on a right back before the window shuts.
This would require that Aouar is good enough to play in the PL and start on this Arsenal team. Neither are true, which is my point about Aouar. He is not good enough to even begin this speculation.

I think with Partey to come back and Sambi looking good, we should be alright, Xhaka & Elneny as back ups. I've wanted a RB for a long time. When the first list of positions was set up to vote on, RB wasn't even in the list. I voted other ie RB. I think its a position that really holds us back, and holds Pepe back too!
Who do you want?

I dont know all the RB's available, I just know we need one better than Bellerin & Chambers. If the club don't have any RB targets then they're doing an even worse job than I thought.
I've tried YouTube scouting the ones that have been mentioned here but none seems a clear improvement for me!

Just maybe we should look within the league. Anyone you can think of?

If only we could clone Cancelo!

What good will a good shiny new RB do when we have a manager who looks incapable of moulding a fluid, balanced and effective team?
Exactly. That's one thing that makes me think the club should not sign an RB but rather an attacking player to add on to ESR and Ode.

I have a feeling Chambers, although very poor of late and AMN could really kick on provided we get a proper man manager.
I have always admired Potter. I think, with the young team will benefit massively from him.
In fact, I'll go on to say Potter is as obvious as Kloop was back then when everyone wanted him. We have to pull the trigger fast before he's sought somewhere else, which is just a matter of time imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom