• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

International sucess over Arsenal?

Champions League or World Cup?

• Champions League

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • World Cup

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Senght

CL Of course. My country's national team is a joke and a disgrace. Just ask Gunnerforlife09. we got thumped 4-0 and 3-0 by their senior team and junior team respectively. And we are higher than them in the FIFA rankings! My country will NEVER EVER qualify for the World Cup.

A

Anonymous

Arsenal to win the League Cup before England win the wordl cup for me, I really dont give a **** about international football.

But I always say this, and I know that if England do well I will get start to get infected by the rest of the countries excitment.

XxGoonaStuxX

Arsenal in Champions League for me.
International competition which happens once every 2 years ?

or Arsenal every week or every couple of weeks in CL games s more important......
I go with the latter.

tox

Interesting results so far, I thought there would be more for the world cup to be honest. As someone has said the World cup is like a summer fling, but when it happens nothing compares to it, the whole country goes crazy and everyone in the pub is supporting the same team. Problem is that competitive international football is only on every few months while Arsenal are on almost every week.

Im undecided on this, the World cup is the great event in football in my opinion, look back at the great players and the majority made their name through the world cup, Pele, Maradona, Platini, Cruyft (however you spell it) and Zidane. Although the European cup has always been huge its never been on the same scale as the World Cup until possibly now when the Club sides could be seen as stronger than international sides.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
this is my theory:

yeah, its great when players play for their country.. the problem is, not every player is playing for "their" country anymore... you have Qatar trying to buy players into their team, other players are switching nationalities so they can play internationally....

the WC is a great event that only somes around every 4 years... the problem is, with the domestic seasons the way they are now, it will happen more and more that some of the best players in the world wont be able to play in the WC when it comes around since they will be tired or hurt.. half the English team and scattered players in other countries were hurt or just plain tired... this waters down the quality of the WC...

whereas club teams get to see the best of their players, international teams only get a few weeks to train and never really get to see the "best" teams they could have.... they would need to train together for months to get acclimated to each other, etc.....

that, for me, is why i would pick Arsenal over international success... that said, if the US ever won the world cup, i would be ecstatic (not that its gonna happen anytime soon....lol)

lewdikris

Established Member
Both equally. However amazing it would be for Arsenal to win the Champions League, and the vibes around Highbury in the weeks after ... were England to win the World or European Championship, the national party would be one worth going to! Hell, i'm part Danish but with barely any connections to the country, and when they won Euro 92, it was just AMAZING...

Biggus

Established Member
However amazing it would be for Arsenal to win the Champions League

Lew:We cannot take our place among the great clubs until we lift the CL
As an Arsenal fan nothing can be more important......
As I've said elsewhere, what will happen If Thierry or Sol or anyone gets injured now in a stupid meaningless friendly? I will personally send an anthrax letter to SGE or Santini :twisted:

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Top Bottom