• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Slot Shame

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,397
  • Views 838,062

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
We do need to have a conversation about Salah during this run in. Many of us have been annoyed that Saka has not been able to produce more in decisive moments in the last few weeks but this man Salah has done absolutely nothing but miss chances when games have been sitting ready to be won and he's not a 22 year old kid, he's got experience and silveware.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
We do need to have a conversation about Salah during this run in. Many of us have been annoyed that Saka has not been able to produce more in decisive moments in the last few weeks but this man Salah has done absolutely nothing but miss chances when games have been sitting ready to be won and he's not a 22 year old kid, he's got experience and silveware.
Yeah, he seems like he's already in the Middle-east

Ljonin

Carra is hilarious, Pool were 5 points clear at one point and now trying to make it seem like they have overachieved.

He’s right tho. They’re pretty **** but Klopp has been able to squeeze 110% out of them up until now.

Although if they end up third I don’t think you can claim they overachieved.

He did say the same about us last season tbf if I remember it right

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Do you know what though, I'll miss Klopp in the PL much more than I will do Pep whenever he leaves.

Guys the best PL manager of the past decade imo.

Whoever takes over from him is going to have very big shoes to fill. I think it's quite likely they drift back to being an EL / Top 4 challenging side.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Great manager. Very like Wenger because the fans and players really love him as a personality on top of the amazing football his teams have played. Real passion with humour

Pep and Arteta don't have that. Great coaches, but passion with narcissism and no humour is jarring if they're not winning.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Really gotta question Carra and Nev's ball knowledge tbqh - how on Earth did they think United would be any good? Any rando could see that they were going to struggle this season.

I think top 4 and whatever cup they won is normally a great platform to build from no?

Injuries (mainly martinez) and dodgy summer recruitment really cost them.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I think top 4 and whatever cup they won is normally a great platform to build from no?

Injuries (mainly martinez) and dodgy summer recruitment really cost them.

Their underlying metrics were poor last season. I think I had them missing out on top 4, I didn't expect them to be this bad but I did not expect them to be anywhere near us or City.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Their underlying metrics were poor last season. I think I had them missing out on top 4, I didn't expect them to be this bad but I did not expect them to be anywhere near us or City.

yeah they have abandoned whatever style of play they were originally trying to build when Ten Hag arrived.

I think that's the difference between Arteta and many managers, some cave in and make do but Arteta was unrelenting and persistent in the way he wanted to play which has paid off.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

yeah they have abandoned whatever style of play they were originally trying to build when Ten Hag arrived.

I think that's the difference between Arteta and many managers, some cave in and make do but Arteta was unrelenting and persistent in the way he wanted to play which has paid off.

Exactly. I clearly remember EtH saying his philsophy is to play possession football, dominating the ball but they're the opposite of that - they almost purely rely on transitions to score. It looks like EtH has completely given up on that which is pretty damning as he's invested quite a lot of money on that squad and he can't even get it close to playing like what his vision was.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Anyway back to Liverpool - surely they sell Salah to Saudi? Cash in on what will likely be a gigantic fee and rebuild; they won the lottery with Coutinho and they're likely going to win the lottery again with Salah. The only difference this time is that they won't have Klopp to rebuild.

Will be interesting to see how Liverpool fare from this point.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Anyway back to Liverpool - surely they sell Salah to Saudi? Cash in on what will likely be a gigantic fee and rebuild; they won the lottery with Coutinho and they're likely going to win the lottery again with Salah. The only difference this time is that they won't have Klopp to rebuild.

Will be interesting to see how Liverpool fare from this point.

I suspect it's pretty much back to their Roy Evans days once Klopp walks off into the sunset.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Farewell then Klopp, you will be remembered the same way...Dalglish, Ancelotti, Mancini, Pellegrini, Ranieri, Conte and that band that did the Friends theme tune will.

A nice one hit wonder in the Prem 👍

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom