• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cobra Kai Havertz: No Mercy

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

elemoo

His late runs were effective and had he been up top all game (with Jorginho/Partey in the middle ) I think we'd have had this game tied up in the 1st half.

Not great in midfield at all but he did ok defensively in terms of forcing errors and recovering balls. He didn't just let players glide past him like Rice did (who btw I think was much worse than Havertz today).

No use blaming him for being in a role he clearly doesn't excel in though, that's on Arteta for me.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Damn, I hate to be right. He wasn't even bad today, but let's put this midfield malarkey in the bin. He should be nothing more than our backup striker moving forward. Thanks for Marchvertz Kai but we are too far in our project to be saving h0es.
Explain how his position today made Trossard miss a sitter, Rice forget how to mark people or Zinchenko continue being Zinchenko.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Damn, I hate to be right. He wasn't even bad today, but let's put this midfield malarkey in the bin. He should be nothing more than our backup striker moving forward. Thanks for Marchvertz Kai but we are too far in our project to be saving h0es.
They don’t want to hear it. They will say we scored most goals blah blah. End of the season is when things get tight and the real goalscorers score important goals. He will never be that. He is a useful player that’s it

goonerfamily

He actually wasn't bad today and has proved himself to be a very useful asset to the team.

However, I do think that this Havertz LCM experiment has cost us points this season - he is a forward and not a midfielder. We lose so much control with him at LCM. Honestly, I feel sorry for Ødegaard sometimes with the creative burden - he desparately needs someone to help alongside him. Frenkie de Jong or Florian Wirtz are desperately needed in the summer

elemoo

They don’t want to hear it. They will say we scored most goals blah blah. End of the season is when things get tight and the real goalscorers score important goals. He will never be that. He is a useful player that’s it

That's on Arteta though, he played ok today but Zinchenko, Rice and Trossard were so bad.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He was one of best players 1st half 2nd half he disappeared stopped making runs not making himself available

elemoo

Don’t think we needed this signing. Money could’ve been used elsewhere. It was a huge amount too, nearly 70M.

No blame on him, been good recently.

With Jesus injured for part of the season, I honestly don't think we would have been close to challenging with Nketiah up top. The cost is not as important as it has't affected us signing anyone else Arteta wanted for the role. Even if it was 40mil, there's no direct correlation to how a player works out in our team+system in their 1st season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Yeah, can't blame him...hate him in midfield and was one of the reasons we got out played second half when our energy dipped, no one in midfield to keep the ball.

Not just him, but how have we scored so many goals when pretty none of our players are clinical though?

You would probably easily bet on Pires/Wiltord/Ljungberg out scoring all our forwards with the chances they get, nevermind Henry ffs 😅

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Well, we lost the game in the second half, we lacked control and Villa could've won this game by three goals because our midfield was overrun.
None of which was direct result of Havertz' position but instead the result of playing a total imbecile at LB who was constantly putting us under pressure and taking the captain off when he was the only one who looked up for the challenge of going top. Villa's chances didn't come from the midfield being overrun. They came from garden variety stupidity and individual mistakes from the players who have mistakes in them.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
He actually wasn't bad today and has proved himself to be a very useful asset to the team.

However, I do think that this Havertz LCM experiment has cost us points this season - he is a forward and not a midfielder. We lose so much control with him at LCM. Honestly, I feel sorry for Ødegaard sometimes with the creative burden - he desparately needs someone to help alongside him. Frenkie de Jong or Florian Wirtz are desperately needed in the summer
We did create though. We had 18 shots on goal and Havertz had a number of opportunities through on goal because of this tactical decision. He should have put away at least 1 of them in the first half.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully this puts an end to all the “play him in the 8” brigade. Have no clue why we tinkered and played him there instead of up front.

If it ain’t broke why fix it? Simples!

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Hopefully this puts an end to all the “play him in the 8” brigade. Have no clue why we tinkered and played him there instead of up front.

If it ain’t broke why fix it? Simples!
People have short memories. We had a poor game against Bayern because Rice and Jorginho were chasing shadows, and somehow fans thought Havertz in midfield was the answer. I guess they got what they asked for.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

People have short memories. We had a poor game against Bayern because Rice and Jorginho were chasing shadows, and somehow fans thought Havertz in midfield was the answer. I guess they got what they asked for.

It’s not even rocket science 😂 he can’t build up play, pass through the lines or even link up play well for fast transitions on the left to occupy the left 8 role. The best option was always to keep him as far away from all of that as possible and let him stay up top. He has always been better to get on the end of chances.

Baffling logic from those who wanted him there or saw him as a valid option in that position.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
None of which was direct result of Havertz' position but instead the result of playing a total imbecile at LB who was constantly putting us under pressure and taking the captain off when he was the only one who looked up for the challenge of going top. Villa's chances didn't come from the midfield being overrun. They came from garden variety stupidity and individual mistakes from the players who have mistakes in them.
Technically, Zinny didn't lose us the game. The first goal came from Rice failing to track a runner and Havertz being beaten too easily for the cross. That is if we are going to judge this gene purely on moments.
https://x.com/abzzinhoo/status/1779564694509899900?s=46&t=Gc_phPDy-q1DxZLoWDMGug

But that is harsh. I'm more upset but how we lost control in the second half. Rice and Havertz have a lot of weaknesses that teams exploit, but it was easier to blame the forwards (namely Nketiah). When Rice and Havertz are together in midfield we either struggle to control the game or create chances. Today was a bit of half, especially in the second half.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom