• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cobra Kai Havertz: No Mercy

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
As bad as Zinchenko was, it was he who played those through balls for Havertz to run. Unfortunately, Kai's first touch let him down. The irony here is that people claim that Zinchenko cost us the game, but if Havertz was a better footballer Zinchenko could have walked away with two assists. So who really let us down today?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Should keep him playing CF really just affect our offensive game try him as LCM he making runs getting better start to get more chances but still we can't control the game with him in midfield. he also doing well as CF so just keep him there and play Jorginho or Drunk Partey in midfield.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
£65 million+ to be a backup CF.... top 2 highest earners at the club.

I'll be there when he goes on loan and when his contract gets terminated eventually.

£110+ million plus on two strikers who can't score goals in hindsight is crazy.

elemoo

Most ppl know Kai’s limits as a midfield player so I’m not sure why ppl are even remotely surprised (as I mentioned in a prev post I think image was better than Rice tbf).

It’s like putting Ødegaard in defense and then slating him for not being good enough… well no sh*t why would you think otherwise.

It seems some on here are just trying to rub it in ppl face when we do badly saying “I told you so” which is such a toxic vibe tbh for a fan base like trying to put someone down when there’s literally no upside in it for you is kinda wild 🤷🏾‍♂️😭

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Most ppl know Kai’s limits as a midfield player so I’m not sure why ppl are even remotely surprised (as I mentioned in a prev post I think image was better than Rice tbf).

It’s like putting Ødegaard in defense and then slating him for not being good enough… well no sh*t why would you think otherwise.

It seems some on here are just trying to rub it in ppl face when we do badly saying “I told you so” which is such a toxic vibe tbh for a fan base like trying to put someone down when there’s literally no upside in it for you is kinda wild 🤷🏾‍♂️😭

Think the point is that some people genuinely think he is a midfield option for us. and they’ll make excuses like he needs a different set of players around him etc. He just has an orthogonal skill set to what is required at midfield.

The boy is/was doing a great job at CF and basically won me round in terms of a general signing. Without him we would be staring at a crater this season.

But what we never did last summer was sign a Xhaka replacement and this needs to be sorted out.

This isn’t me putting Kai down. If anything it’s me putting the manager down for thinking he could stick him in midfield. I thought he learned his lesson.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

He’s a good player but so ****ing slow it’s unreal.

Slow in what way? When he hits his stride he's pretty rapid.

I just think he's sh*t but he's somehow gotten away with it (for now). Even if sh*t is an exggeration, he was a very unnecessary buy.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I don't get why he has to play every minute of every game. If you wanna play Jesus up front just drop Havertz completely. ESR had an excellent game Vs Luton from that same LCM role why not give him at least the first 45 minutes?

He's become more untouchable than Ødegaard and Rice which is crazy. He's done well recently but surely we can drop him for a game.

elemoo

I don't get why he has to play every minute of every game. If you wanna play Jesus up front just drop Havertz completely. ESR had an excellent game Vs Luton from that same LCM role why not give him at least the first 45 minutes?

He's become more untouchable than Ødegaard and Rice which is crazy. He's done well recently but surely we can drop him for a game.

Yeah but for who? I do agree with you that Arteta should've moved Havertz back up front much sooner (no issue with him going LCM if switching with Trossard like they have before). I think ESR has been poor tho and doesn't have the engine and like Jorginho are really, pretty bad off the ball and defensively. Also Jorginho needs to be saved for Bayern. Not sure if Viera is up to speed fitness wise or close to Havertz in terms of talent game intelligence.

If anyone needed a break yesterday, it was Rice.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
So funny how his biggest strength (which is his runs) is absolutely useless as he always ruins those chances by being slow and clumsy.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Slow in what way? When he hits his stride he's pretty rapid.

I just think he's sh*t but he's somehow gotten away with it (for now). Even if sh*t is an exggeration, he was a very unnecessary buy.

Rapid? You’re making it sound like he is Mbappe!

He takes long strides and looks like he is quick off the ball. Running onto balls played through to him he looks tepid, the opposition defence always finds a way to get back in position quickly.

He doesn’t have this issue when playing up front as we don’t need him to make 20 metre runs trying to push their line back.

In the striker role he plays for us, he is primarily a faciliator… hence why I put the blame for yesterday’s result solely at Arteta’s doorstep. Havertz didn’t need to be in midfield.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Rapid? You’re making it sound like he is Mbappe!

He takes long strides and looks like he is quick off the ball. Running onto balls played through to him he looks tepid, the opposition defence always finds a way to get back in position quickly.

He doesn’t have this issue when playing up front as we don’t need him to make 20 metre runs trying to push their line back.

In the striker role he plays for us, he is primarily a faciliator… hence why I put the blame for yesterday’s result solely at Arteta’s doorstep. Havertz didn’t need to be in midfield.

He covers a lot of ground once he gets going similar to a young Adebayor did even if their acceleration isn't impressive, I think Havertz is a fantastic athlete.

Ultimately we agree he had no business starting the game in midfield, upfront or nothing going forward for me.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
With Jesus injured for part of the season, I honestly don't think we would have been close to challenging with Nketiah up top. The cost is not as important as it has't affected us signing anyone else Arteta wanted for the role. Even if it was 40mil, there's no direct correlation to how a player works out in our team+system in their 1st season.
What about Trossard at False 9 instead of Nketiah?

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom