• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cobra Kai Havertz: No Mercy

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bloodbather

Established Member

This place was honestly absolutely shocking in pre-season and early season.

It’s all well and good people admitting he’s actually good now, but the level of animosity and craving for him to fail as arsenal fans will always be extremely cringe to me. Most people who do that are just going to turn on the next player they decide to put in their crosshairs. Fans are so fickle.

Whether he turned out good or not, people who were basically begging for him to fail from day one just cos they didn’t like the signing are and will always be agenda merchants.
Yep. At least some (e.g. @OnlyOne) admit to it rather than pretending it never happened.

I don't get it though. Being right on some forum isn't that important. For a neutral like Dokaka I'd get it somewhat, no stakes in what Arsenal does, but for an Arsenal fan I don't get it.

Halend

The Havertz decision process is being made easier because of the other options available on the market not being top.

If there was a 25+goal a season level raiser striker that was get-able on the market or young player with Kane/benzema/Lewa potential and we turned that down because we had Havertz that would be a bad mistake that we would regret but i just don't see that player.

Osimhen is better than Havertz but is he 120m+ level player which forces you to make decisions on other positions? i don't think so.

I think the options available is making the decision for us, keep Havertz bring in a young potential CF that you hope can be developed into a player better than Havertz long term and use other funds for a top level midfielder and winger.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I get what you're saying, but this is kind of a low bar.
Disagree. Giroud's lack of goalscoring cost us a lot of stuff, but he's improved greatly on that end since. Arsenal Giroud wouldn't be good enough, but I'd take a younger version of Milan Giroud any day of the week.

A more mobile Giroud that can score around 15 goals a season is the perfect #9 for this team, not a Haaland or Osimhen type that scores a lot but has no link up play. If Havertz can become that player, and I think he is becoming that player, he should be our CF going forward.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Osimhen is better than Havertz but is he 120m+ level player which forces you to make decisions on other positions? i don't think so.
Even if he is, our concerns are LF and LCM, we could definitely do with Havertz and Jesus for the next few years

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He'd cost a bomb though, don't think we'll go for both him and Bruno
I don't really want Guimares here. He's not getting away with his nonsense in an Arsenal shirt. Anyone who improves us is going to cost a lot. We're trying to take down City and complete with the likes of Madrid in the CL. We're past the stage of penny pinching.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
I don't really want Guimares here. He's not getting away with his nonsense in an Arsenal shirt. Anyone who improves us is going to cost a lot. We're trying to take down City and complete with the likes of Madrid in the CL. We're past the stage of penny pinching.

Guimares doesn’t take us up a level.

Isak does.

It’s that simple for me really. He’s the only striker out there rn that I’d go big on.

Guimares improves us but doesn’t elevate us.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Guimares doesn’t take us up a level.

Isak does.

It’s that simple for me really. He’s the only striker out there rn that I’d go big on.

Guimares improves us but doesn’t elevate us.
Exactly. I would say after Isak, Rodrygo is the other player who would fit that description but his availability is a real doubt.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
What elevation is left in this squad atm? I think it’s tiny margins now.

For the premier league I’d agree, all we need is small margins as what counts there is consistency and application.

But to blow past the big teams in the CL you need some je ne sais quois which we don’t have rn.

That’s what we need to elevate to. Remember I’ve seen us lift the PL 3 times (technically 5 but I don’t remember the first 2).

What I want, what I crave is the CL. Like at least just once before I depart these fair shores you know?

outlawz

For the premier league I’d agree, all we need is small margins as what counts there is consistency and application.

But to blow past the big teams in the CL you need some je ne sais quois which we don’t have rn.

That’s what we need to elevate to. Remember I’ve seen us lift the PL 3 times (technically 5 but I don’t remember the first 2).

What I want, what I crave is the CL. Like at least just once before I depart these fair shores you know?

Brother, I don't think we will never taste that sweet CL cream.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom