• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cobra Kai Havertz: No Mercy

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
It took us having 3 games left with 80 points to stop you from pummelling the Arteta thread with your negative remarks against the coach.

Now you’ve turned to the Havertz thread it’ll take him having a 20-25 goal season up front for you to move elsewhere.

Do you know how to feel optimism?
I still bash Arteta he has already cost us a league title in my book. No not very optimistic as a rule of thumb.

PrinzPoldi

I still bash Arteta he has already cost us a league title in my book. No not very optimistic as a rule of thumb.
Last season we were not the #1 favorite to win the title, this season we are also NOT the #1 favorite to win it.
Our team is getting as close as we can to catch City.
Nobody cost us anything, if the team is not ready then it is not ready.
Not able to win it does not mean we are bad.

We are in great position, and we have a team for future, as least the next few years.
Just have your negativity GTFO here.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

As Klopp has found, it takes a monumental effort to beat this City side to a title. In fact the only time he could do it was during covid.

If Arteta gets a title now that is massively impressive over this Manchester City team. You can’t deny that. The fact that players that we signed in the summer have got us closer (Havertz especially) is incredible management and squad building.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
As Klopp has found, it takes a monumental effort to beat this City side to a title. In fact the only time he could do it was during covid.

If Arteta gets a title now that is massively impressive over this Manchester City team. You can’t deny that. The fact that players that we signed in the summer have got us closer (Havertz especially) is incredible management and squad building.
Yeah despite all the disent by a certain few on here.
Blaming Mikel for not winning the title lmao you could hardly make it up when you look at where we were as a club when he came in.
Some do seen rather reluctant to acknowledge Man City have an absolutely elite manager.
Perhaps we should maybe whisper this as it still may not shut them up?

🤫

115 charges FC also have a better squad.

Last edited:

LookingForEric

Blaming Mikel for not winning the title lmao you could hardly make it up when you look at where we were as a club when he came in.
Some do seen rather reluctant to acknowledge Man City have an absolutely elite manager.
Perhaps we should maybe whisper this as it still may not shut them up
🤫115 charges FC also have a better squad.

Hahaha, precisely.

Since gameweek 21 we’ve played 15, won 13, drawn one and lost one.

People underestimate how insane that is, if we end up winning 16, drawing one and losing one in 2024 we’d be very unlucky to not win the league.

Farzad Stoned

Last season we were not the #1 favorite to win the title, this season we are also NOT the #1 favorite to win it.
Our team is getting as close as we can to catch City.
Nobody cost us anything, if the team is not ready then it is not ready.
Not able to win it does not mean we are bad.

We are in great position, and we have a team for future, as least the next few years.
Just have your negativity GTFO
Yeah the Holding lover bottled the league last year. He thought he could win league starting Holding at Anfield and Etihad. And started the season with always hurt Tomy as our entire defensive bench. Every big club but us and City were down. 2 teams could have won it but his reckless team construction cost us the title when City started slow. City had their lowest point total under Pep last year; but Mik still managed to finish second in a two horse race by starting a plumber who shouldn’t have even been on the team.

Farzad Stoned

Perhaps we should maybe whisper this as it still may not shut them up
🤫115 charges FC also have a better squad.
Man City’s greatness forced Mik to destroy two seasons in a row with a plumber at CB that shouldn’t have been on the team. He would not switch to back , he wouldn’t move White inside, he didn’t play Kiwior; he decided and chose Holding. Season over; 34 points second half of season. Europa league form

LookingForEric

Man City’s greatness forced Mik to destroy two seasons in a row with a plumber at CB that shouldn’t have been on the team. He would not switch to back , he wouldn’t move White inside, he didn’t play Kiwior; he decided and chose Holding. Season over; 34 points second half of season. Europa league form

Please can you explain to me how 13 wins from 15 games in 2024 is destroying a season? Surely it’s the opposite?

PrinzPoldi

Yeah the Holding lover bottled the league last year. He thought he could win league starting Holding at Anfield and Etihad. And started the season with always hurt Tomy as our entire defensive bench. Every big club but us and City were down. 2 teams could have won it but his reckless team construction cost us the title when City started slow. City had their lowest point total under Pep last year; but Mik still managed to finish second in a two horse race by starting a plumber who shouldn’t have even been on the team.
Is this the best you could do, to blame Holding?
If Saliba was not injured, how would Arteta start Holding over him?

City started slow was City's concern, not ours.
No matter how depleted they were, they are still City. A team with KDB, Haaland, Rodri, Dias, Alvarez, Foden etc.

When Arteta took over, he had almost a full team of mediocre to crap players to replace, and process takes time. Not that you think it could be done instantly or in a season or two.
In the process of getting rid of unwanted and unqualified players, he (and Edu) also needed to take care of our balance sheet, and find the right players.

This is very naive to think we are playing football manager.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Mikel never signed Holding.
injuries to Tomi & Saliba derailed the season. Yes with hindsight playing Kiwior earlier would likely have been better.
If you think last season a young squad & manager who did amazing to challenge City deserve slaughtering that's on you.

Let's be totally honest top 4 was the aim.

We got that & then some🍻

Seriously challenging this season was the plan.
We are doing that👍.

Farzad Stoned

Is this the best you could do, to blame Holding?
If Saliba was not injured, how would Arteta start Holding over him?

City started slow was City's concern, not ours.
No matter how depleted they were, they are still City. A team with KDB, Haaland, Rodri, Dias, Alvarez, Foden etc.

When Arteta took over, he had almost a full team of mediocre to crap players to replace, and process takes time. Not that you think it could be done instantly or in a season or two.
In the process of getting rid of unwanted and unqualified players, he (and Edu) also needed to take care of our balance sheet, and find the right players.

This is very naive to think we are playing football manager.
No i blame the guy who employed a plumber that can’t even play for Palace and thought he could win league with him. He had multiple other options. Switch to back 3, move White inside and switch Tierney’s side, or play Kiwi. Holding also destroyed our Cl qualification the year before. Mik destroyed two seasons in a row with the same easy to prevent mistake.

Farzad Stoned

Mikel never signed Holding.
injuries to Tomi & Saliba derailed the season. Yes with hindsight playing Kiwior earlier would likely have been better.
If you think last season a young squad & manager who did amazing to challenge City deserve slaughtering that's on you.

Let's be totally honest top 4 was the aim.

We got that & then some🍻

Seriously challenging this season was the plan.
We are doing that👍.
He also never tried to upgrade on Holding even after blowing our cl qualification the year before to Sp**s and Conte with the same plumber who is frankly not fit for for a premier league team

LookingForEric

I am talking about last year how he blew the league

That isn’t relevant to now is it?

If someone does average at their job one year but the next year they’re the highest performer do you go back and say well mate, because of last year we’re gonna have to let you go?

Farzad Stoned

That isn’t relevant to now is it?

If someone does average at their job one year but the next year they’re the highest performer do you go back and say well mate, because of last year we’re gonna have to let you go?
When he wins league i will forgive him from bottling away a league title and not before

PrinzPoldi

No i blame the guy who employed a plumber that can’t even play for Palace and thought he could win league with him. He had multiple other options. Switch to back 3, move White inside and switch Tierney’s side, or play Kiwi. Holding also destroyed our Cl qualification the year before. Mik destroyed two seasons in a row with the same easy to prevent mistake.
obviously the club has a different timeline and plan than your wishful thinking.

everything takes time, and getting rid of players (and reinforce) is not as easy as you think.

for you, switching formation and to play whoever in whatever position is as easy as playing football manager. In reality, it is just far different than you suggested.

You just created your own timeline and scenario that only you believe it will work.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
He also never tried to upgrade on Holding even after blowing our cl qualification the year before to Sp**s and Conte with the same plumber who is frankly not fit for for a premier league team.
Guess it depends on who was available/finances at the time?

We have certainly upgraded on him this season with Timber but he's been injured all season sh!t happens bro.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom