• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cobra Kai Havertz: No Mercy

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Any time you advocate for improvement or more variation in players you gonna get smart ass answers in here like Ings or Vardy. You would think we are the greatest team who has dominated football for years with the arrogance of our fans. You are advocating for strengthening a strike force of havertz Jesus and Nketiah and they talking like you are out of your mind
It’s just a joke, relax

Energoto

I think we need a top goalscoring winger more than we need a top cf. But either will improve us. I'm saying this cos I think the next evolution in this team is to move saka centrally. Teams won't be able to defend against us. That game against Brighton 4 years ago sold me on it. He was the best player on the that day.

Get me Williams.

Also I understand Arteta us trying to make our team bigger and more physically imposing, hence the reason for signing Kai.
Just out of curiosity, how is Williams a goalscoring winger with less than 20 goals across all competitions dueing his senior career

Otherwise I agree

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I think both camps are full of ****e, kinda tired of people saying what Arteta wanted as all of us are clueless about what the idea was.

All we can do is appreciate that it finally works, expected or not, and we can try to forget those few months in midfield and hope to never see that again.
I was defintely right about his degree of impact and end product and definitely wrong about how that would be achieved. In my (and perhaps others) defence, the games in which he played left 8 and either Trossard or actually fit Jesus played up front, the team actually created (and occasionally scored) quite a few goals and the attacking midfielder/false9 combo actually worked pretty well.

With Eddie at 9 and Havertz at 8 it was an abomination, and Jesus has only been fully fit for about 10 games all year, so that approach has died on its arse.
What gives the greatest hope going forwards is that at F9 Havertz has started attacking the ball and shooting like the player that played behind the striker in Germany, rather than the lost CF at Chelsea or the new born foal who trotted around for us August - end October

outlawz

I hope we get to see him again in midfield. He fluffed his lines against Villa, rather than the tactic not working. His partnership with Trossard where he started in midfield and they exchanged positions as a dual 8/9 was some of the best football we played this season.

His early season failings in midfield had more to do with his complete lack of confidence than it did his position. He is better up front than he is in midfield, but he's clearly growing with each game and is a much better player now whether that is up front or in midfield.

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
I hope we get to see him again in midfield. He fluffed his lines against Villa, rather than the tactic not working. His partnership with Trossard where he started in midfield and they exchanged positions as a dual 8/9 was some of the best football we played this season.

His early season failings in midfield had more to do with his complete lack of confidence than it did his position. He is better up front than he is in midfield, but he's clearly growing with each game and is a much better player now whether that is up front or in midfield.
I think Kai deserves one more shout to be our LCM next season.
He definitely shows more technical skills than Rice to take this job.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
You’re constantly rattled. You know you can ignore me?

Maybe you get a life and stop quoting me all day. I never ever engage you.
Thank you, for contradicting yourself.

I'm not rattled, but I have no qualms calling out a forum member for bullying or acting above their station...you, or anyone else.

Be respectful & sit the fck back down.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Thank you, for contradicting yourself.

I'm not rattled, but I have no qualms calling out a forum member for bullying or acting above their station...you, or anyone else.

Be respectful & sit the fck back down.
Stop quoting me with this petty BS. Nobody else wants to read this.

Put me on ignore and you’ll never see my posts ever again, we can’t have you crying like this everyday.

Now **** off.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think Kai deserves one more shout to be our LCM next season.
8e3fec4e-9d55-4ffe-a550-a0681a41f1ea_text.gif

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
. I’m still not convinced he couldn’t do it 8 tbh, think it could work with more time and tinkering.

He is not good at progressing or driving the ball forwards in a meaningful way.

The whole system would have to change for him to work at 8 and from what we're seeing it points to getting a Partey replacement as better use of funds.

Like Martinelli, you need to use his pace and positioning to your advantage.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Anything that means us having an actual left hand side would be great.

Might mean we go to a double pivot depending on who we can get to be the base of midfield, as Parteys skill set are a hard thing to find.

Think Kais done enough to warrant a fixed position at 9.

Just don't let him have the 9 shirt and we should be fine.

Cursed number, that is

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can you give me some attributes that Rice is doing better than Kai as an 8?

Technically?

Technically Havertz is very good, and if this was FIFA or Football Manager he would be great in that role in midfield...but there are some intangibles in real life that make him a much better forward than a midfielder.

Being more comfortable with you back to goal upfront, as opposed to having to deal with turning and passing forwards constantly which he seems to struggle with (he doesn't spin his head to scan enough when playing deeper, you need that as a midfielder)

Positional he's very poor in midfield, as outside of winning duels he has no idea where to stand to either help us defensively really or link play in our attack, he's the main reason Martinelli has been poor this season and why our midfield looked so poor compared to last season in the first half of the year.

Rice is just better at all these things than Kai as a midfielder, even though Kai is more skillful...our improvement as a tram since Kai moved up top and aey from the middle shows this, we are just controlling games better offensively and defensively.

And I just think you waste his natural talents by forcing him in that 8 role, tbh...his hold up play and aerial threat is top class, both are made more redundant the deeper you play him.

We have something that works very well now, don't change it and just keep letting to develop.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Top Bottom