• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Top Tier

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Feel Arteta's use of him, is negatively affecting his game.

He's way too focused on getting forward now, he looks all over the place defensively...he used to have such a nice balance between attack and defence, but recently his starting potion seems to be that of a left winger and not a left back.

Mikel needs to change him from "wingback-attack" to "fullback-support", for a bit...just to get the balance right again.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

He's way too focused on getting forward now, he looks all over the place defensively...he used to have such a nice balance between attack and defence, but recently his starting potion seems to be that of a left winger and not a left back.

Mikel needs to change him from "wingback-attack" to "fullback-support", for a bit...just to get the balance right again.
he won't because Tomi isn't a total full back When we attack we always look like playing 3313 Tomi always stays behind or in middle of the pitch and Tierney attack we not totally focused in him when attack at the moment and that a positive but he not been great going forward he had good 3-4 situations yesteday in the game to put good cross without someone press him he just didn't put weak cross.

LittleMo

I agree with this. The first few games it looked like he was meant to be getting forward all the time, whilst defending the left side and also tucking in and helping the central defenders. It was most obvious with James’ goal in the Chelsea match, he was marking in the middle and the left side was completely free, but he’s blamed for leaving it open.

He looks to be struggling to do all of these things which isn’t really surprising, given he seems to be expected to be in about 3 places at one time. I hope the improvement in the centre means that they stop using him as much as an attacking option and let him concentrate on defending.

I don’t think he’s been nearly as bad is as being made out on here though. He is still playing well overall and he’s definitely a big part of the improved defence.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Feels a bit overrated by Assna fans, but underrated by others. Weird
He is being abused imo. A full back shouldn’t be the main attacker. The weirdest thing is he is asked to do an impossible job. Feed crosses in with one striker auba who is not good in the air and 3 smaller attacking midfielders.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This guy is so **** now, @Trilly was genuinely ahead of the curve with this one.
I don’t actually think he’s **** btw, but he’s a perfect example of A-M double standards.

We’re taking a player who should be our Monreal and asking them to play like Marcelo, naturally he’s getting shown up. We should have bought an attacking RB and used Tierney as the fullback who tucks in tbh.

Last edited:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I've been saying this for a year now but looks like more of you guys are willing to accept it.
Same!

He has the ability, just needs the composure. His touch and passing aren’t elite but they’re good enough.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Feels a bit overrated by Assna fans, but underrated by others. Weird
We love to be annoyed at someone. Tierney isn't panicky on the ball. His playing style hasn't changed since I saw him many years ago. He has always looked a bit awkward and played a defence first clearance whilst deep and under pressure. Strange now that people get annoyed.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Nice of Trilly to get all the credit when I got called black supremacist for pointing this stuff out a year ago, thanks lads.

I didn’t watch Brighton but I feel like his problems are mostly tactical rather than his own personal short comings. Still one of the top left backs in the league if used like a leftback.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Nice of Trilly to get all the credit when I got called black supremacist for pointing this stuff out a year ago, thanks lads.

Interesting, not really seeing you deny this...

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I didn’t watch Brighton but I feel like his problems are mostly tactical rather than his own personal short comings. Still one of the top left backs in the league if used like a leftback.
I probably wasn’t far behind you but if we’re honest @SA Gunner was the first I think. 😂

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
He is being abused imo. A full back shouldn’t be the main attacker. The weirdest thing is he is asked to do an impossible job. Feed crosses in with one striker auba who is not good in the air and 3 smaller attacking midfielders.
This is the definition of stupidity IMO

Tom349

Can we cut the bullshit.

Tierney plays no different to any other LB in general play. The only difference for Tierney is in the build up where he plays higher up because of his inability to constructively build play when being pressed with Xhaka/Sambi assuming that responsibility. His same inability to build play is the same thing that is hurting him as we enter the final third, instead of linking with the LW and closest midfielder he either retreats or spams in a cross. Whether you put it down to a lack of composure or a lack of ability the end result is all the same.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Black supremacist 😭

Call hik Macho X.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Can we cut the bullshit.

Tierney plays no different to any other LB in general play. The only difference for Tierney is in the build up where he plays higher up because of his inability to constructively build play when being pressed with Xhaka/Sambi assuming that responsibility. His same inability to build play is the same thing that is hurting him as we enter the final third, instead of linking with the LW and closest midfielder he either retreats or spams in a cross. Whether you put it down to a lack of composure or a lack of ability the end result is all the same.
Who is the law closest to him? Because we usually don’t have a lw as it’s design for the player to move inside and force kt further up. It’s by design. If he lacks ability, why is the manager constantly letting him be so far up and spam crosses?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Can we cut the bullshit.

It’s definitely a lack of composure and/or coaching. If Kyle Walker can contribute to Man City’s build up play then Tierney should be able to contribute to ours.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It’s definitely a lack of composure and/or coaching. If Kyle Walker can contribute to Man City’s build up play then Tierney should be able to contribute to ours.
man city has a general play and controls every match. we dont and rarely control matches. No fullback is the main attacking option in any team. Its unfair to make Tierney one

Top Bottom