• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Top Tier

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Tierney is a great player but lacks technical ability especially in passing. It’s not his job some might say, but he fails to execute passes between the lines in the system that Arteta wants to play. Cucurella was the antithesis to this the other day and seemingly seemed to hit every pass he needed to at the perfect weight.

Far from being a problem though, he brings us a lot more when he is on song. Just going through a rough patch of form atm.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...very wise words.

nick gould

Same!

He has the ability, just needs the composure. His touch and passing aren’t elite but they’re good enough.
Tierney has given me sleepless nights. Every time I watch him play I realise that he keeps things safe. Basically, we may have a diamond of options on the left, but when he is on the ball the options are really wasted. He will pass to the winger on the outside or pass back to the left-sided centre back. He is too cautious to pass it to a midfielder because if the ball get intercepted, he (Tierney) won't be between ball and goal. Fine, that makes him solid defensively.

The way he is deployed at Arsenal one would think we may as well play Tavarez or Kola. They are better going forward by a country mile.

Tierney is more Sagna than Eboue. He hinders our passing game a lot. Did anyone check his stats against Brighton. Of course the whole team played badly, but Tierney had a major contribution to that. Half of the times he simply passed the ball to the opposition. That's a lot for a passing team.

Riou

You would think he would be the more defensive of the 2 fullbacks, based on his strengths...similar in ways (but different in how each player goes about it) to Nacho, very clever defensively...naturally Mikel makes all our attacks go through him though!

He is still decent going forward, tbf...hopefully his spamming of crosses can result in a decent amount of assists for us by season's end.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
You would think he would be the more defensive of the 2 fullbacks, based on his strengths...similar in ways (but different in how each player goes about it) to Nacho, very clever defensively...naturally Mikel makes all our attacks go through him though!

He is still decent going forward, tbf...hopefully his spamming of crosses can result in a decent amount of assists for us by season's end.
What 🤔 tomi is definitely more defensive than Tierney I would say

He did a good job in defence and that's the main thing. The last two games has shown him levels below eg Monreal in developing an attack. I hope he can develop a bit more than head down, run and cross but he's keeping healthy and working hard and that's a big plus in itself.
Agreed but I think it's more of a coaching failure! Surely if he's told to mix up the head-down crossing with fades and shots on goal, fades and right foot square passing, inwards drifting runs etc he'd at least try to do them, even if God forbid, he'd be failing at them!

You look at pre-Kloop Robertson vs the current one and you get astounded how a player can get so good, so quick! The answer? Great man management. Same to Wenger and Ferguson.

Arteta was praised a lot at City for being a great man manager but for me, I think it's something that he really needs to improve upon. I don't appreciate how he's managing the players minutes. A good coach finds a way to keep everyone happy even with little playtime. Although he's probably effed with his mess of failing to get to Europe!

We all know how he's treated some of the players. Needs to be very careful especially with this. Very easy way to begin a mutiny!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Agreed but I think it's more of a coaching failure! Surely if he's told to mix up the head-down crossing with fades and shots on goal, fades and right foot square passing, inwards drifting runs etc he'd at least try to do them, even if God forbid, he'd be failing at them!

You look at pre-Kloop Robertson vs the current one and you get astounded how a player can get so good, so quick! The answer? Great man management. Same to Wenger and Ferguson.

Arteta was praised a lot at City for being a great man manager but for me, I think it's something that he really needs to improve upon. I don't appreciate how he's managing the players minutes. A good coach finds a way to keep everyone happy even with little playtime. Although he's probably effed with his mess of failing to get to Europe!

We all know how he's treated some of the players. Needs to be very careful especially with this. Very easy way to begin a mutiny!
I hear you but I see a few players who keep doing the same old thing without mixing it up. I don't see Arteta's great coaching skills but each individual player can surely try something different maybe at least twice in a match. Tierney seems line he has to play angry to go up a gear

Riou

Tierney seems to have heard about the "race-war" on AM, with him and Tavares...and bottled it this season :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
What with him nowadays why he not crossing or trying to get forward more? He just passing backwards look like he seriously lack confidence

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Have this guy on my fantasy team and he hits the bar from 10 yards ffs.

Top Bottom