• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Manchester City 5 - 0 Arsenal | Saturday, 28th August | KO: 12:30 BST | BT Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Yesterday, as we were watching the onslaught that resembled a football match, my 10-year-old daughter said to me on seeing Kolasinac "Baba, isn't that the player you said was a walking garbage pile not fit to play for Arsenal? What's he doing on the field?".

It was then I realized that all that my decision to put her in a private school all those years ago has finally born fruit with regards to teaching kids critical thinking :lol:

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Your speaking to someone who doesnt know what "scientific method" is... no clue why people responding to them. Like i said if the symptoms were u bleeding from your ass you would not see many people opposed to a shot that could prevent that. Just be happy that it wasnt ebola and the worst byproduct is a percentage of people who spend 17 hours a day on youtube.
Fair. We have a lot daft people on here.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Yeah, there was some pride in how we lost back then, at least.

People go on about Brighton and their xG...before it became big in the last year or 2, our xG must have been crazy from 2006-2015...least we would play well, then kinda beat ourselves.

Whereas now...well, we still beat ourselves and in a more embarrassing manner, but without the amazing football being played before it.

I feel like there were certain things you could hang your hat on.

1. Chelsea never played poorly, they could lose a game but you never used to see a "bad' Chelsea performance

2. United would never give up on a game until the final whistle

3. Arsenal played free flowing football and always had chances to score, always.

Now we just roll over and get our bellies tickled. It's not even about fight and grit, we just don't try anymore.

Can you imagine if an Arteta team had to play that prime Barcelona side? That we drew 2-2 with at the Emirates? Goodness me, would the team even pass the halfway line?

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
I had other plans this weekend so taped the game and didn't want anyone to tell me the result. Ffs what a decision.

Anyway, let's keep this on topic. I'm too lazy to look for myself, any news about long term side effects of Pfizer?
4B+ jabs are done. No notable long term effects other than protecting you from COVID-19. Talking about long term effects, coronavirus has reported to some significant long term impact on intelligence, lung capacity etc…

Just cause someone doesn’t want a Covid jab, doesn’t make them anti Vax. Just leave people to choose whether they want the covid vaccine or not. Other people’s medical records are none of your business. I’m young and healthy, so there’s no need for me to get it. The average age of Covid deaths is 84 in the u.k and the large majority who die of Covid have underlying health conditions. You say ‘anti-vaxxers’ are dangerous to the elderly, but If the elderly have had the jab, what’s the issue? A BBC Radio presenter died the other day after taking the vaccine, what you got to say about that? Let people decide what they want to do with their body. If people want to get vaccinated, then that’s their choice, likewise if you don’t want it.

Yes it is your right to choose whether or not you get vaccinated. That doesn't mean your exempt from criticism for that decision. You not getting it reduces overall herd immunity and puts those that are vulnerable at more risk. It's a selfish decision because you're saying I don't care if cancer patients or elderly get covid, all that matters is that I can survive.

Also I wouldn't be taking covid too lightly even if you are young and healthy. There are a lot of long term effects after recovering from Covid, known as Long Covid. Here is some info from the CDC about it:

Multiorgan Effects of COVID-19​

Some people who had severe illness with COVID-19 experience multiorgan effects or autoimmune conditions over a longer time with symptoms lasting weeks or months after COVID-19 illness. Multiorgan effects can affect most, if not all, body systems, including heart, lung, kidney, skin, and brain functions. Autoimmune conditions happen when your immune system attacks healthy cells in your body by mistake, causing inflammation (painful swelling) or tissue damage in the affected parts of the body.
While it is very rare, some people, mostly children, experience multisystem inflammatory syndrome (MIS) during or immediately after a COVID-19 infection. MIS is a condition where different body parts can become inflamed. MIS can lead to post-COVID conditions if a person continues to experience multiorgan effects or other symptoms.

Effects of COVID-19 Illness or Hospitalization​

Hospitalizations and severe illnesses for lung-related diseases, including COVID-19, can cause health effects like severe weakness and exhaustion during the recovery period.
Effects of hospitalization can also include post-intensive care syndrome (PICS), which refers to health effects that begin when a person is in an intensive care unit (ICU) and can remain after a person returns home. These effects can include severe weakness, problems with thinking and judgment, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). PTSD involves long-term reactions to a very stressful event.
Some symptoms that can occur after hospitalization are similar to some of the symptoms that people with initially mild or no symptoms may experience many weeks after COVID-19. It can be difficult to know whether they are caused by the effects of hospitalization, the long-term effects of the virus, or a combination of both. These conditions might also be complicated by other effects related to the COVID-19 pandemic, including mental health effects from isolation, negative economic situations, and lack of access to healthcare for managing underlying conditions. These factors have affected both people who have experienced COVID-19 and those who have not.

Prevention​

The best way to prevent post-COVID conditions is by getting vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as you can. COVID-19 vaccination is recommended for all people ages 12 years and older, including if you had COVID-19 or a post-COVID condition.

Also erectile dysfunction can be a long term complication of Covid, so if you don't get the vaccine Pfizer has another product that can help with that :cool:

1630289578918.png

ArsenalLunatic

.....COVID-19 vaccination is recommended for all people ages 12 years and older, including if you had COVID-19 or a post-COVID condition.
~~This is patently false on every level.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I had other plans this weekend so taped the game and didn't want anyone to tell me the result. Ffs what a decision.

Anyway, let's keep this on topic. I'm too lazy to look for myself, any news about long term side effects of Pfizer?
People are spontaneously attempting to construct 5g towers from bat droppings, they then realised they could use Arteta's post match interviews to construct larger towers as the level of sh*te was much more condensed.

bergholt

.....COVID-19 vaccination is recommended for all people ages 12 years and older, including if you had COVID-19 or a post-COVID condition.

Yeah of course natural immunity is better. The only problem with natural immunity is that you have to get covid to get it, and then you have the chance of getting ****ed up in some way.

Getting the virus is inevitable for everyone, even with the vax, just like getting a cold is inevitable. But the vax gives you a much lower chance of getting ****ed up, so it makes sense to get vaxed before you get covid, then you can get your natural immunity with a lower chance of ending up with lifelong damage.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The more I think about this game the more the midfield set up seems far worse to me than anything else, even Kola.

How can he try no experimentation in pre season matches and then try something new against City away. I can't believe his ego complex is so consistent where whenever he meets Pep he is going to try and be a mastermind.

He happily left Xhaka in midfield all alone vs the most dynamic midfield in the league. That is meant to be his strength? Coaching? When your strength becomes your weakness there is only one direction you are moving.

Wow a right wing conspiracy website that endorses Glenn Beck, Stephen Crowder and Nigel Farage. The author of said article describes himself as this
1630400238147.png

Definitely sounds like a reliable source without any agenda

Anyway as I expected from reading the article, this so called journalist either hasn't read the studies he is quoting or he is deliberately misinforming people.

"Now consider the fact that studies have shown those with prior infection are associated with 4.4x increased odds of clinically significant side effects following mRNA vaccination. Thus, it is as scandalous as it is unnecessary to vaccinate those with prior infection, even if one supports vaccination for those without prior immunity. But as you can imagine, that would take a massive share of the market off the table from the greedy hands of Big Pharma."

Then later on he adds "Moreover, those with prior infection are at greater risk for bad side effects from the vaccines, rendering the campaign to vaccinate the previously infected both unnecessary and dangerous."

This right here is complete garbage. If you actually read the study he cites, they defines clinically significant side effects as "fatigue, fever, chills". The same side effects I got after being vaccinated, wow so life threatening and dangerous. Also the same study mentions the increased rates of these side effects are only after the first vaccine not the second.

This hack of a journalist then claims that you will have life long immunity from covid after being infected, because your body can still produce antibodies for years. The article he then cites for this outlandish claim states:

" What’s not clear is what antibody levels will look like in the long term and whether they offer any protection, Ahmed adds. “We’re early in the game. We’re not looking at five years, ten years after infection.”

Ellebedy’s team has observed early signs that Pfizer’s mRNA vaccine should trigger the production of the same cells4. But the persistence of antibody production, whether elicited by vaccination or by infection, does not ensure long-lasting immunity to COVID-19."

I'm not going to bother with the rest of the article as its clear the author has a political agenda and is purposefully misquoting and misrepresenting the studies he is linking in order to scaremonger the masses. Can't really expect more from right wing fake news websites such as this one.

I will conclude with this, the topic is not a clear cut as the article makes it out to be as a CDC study found unvaccinated people that have previously been infected with covid are still 2.34 times more likely to get infected than those that are vaccinated.

How is it a vaccine if it doesn't even stop you from getting Covid?
It doesnt need to stop you getting Covid for it to be effective. The idea is that it reduces it's severity if you do catch covid so you can recover at home rather than die in a hospital.

It's like saying what's the point of wearing seatbelts, because you got into a car crash and you got some minor injuries. Rather than focusing on the fact that the seatbelt saved your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom