• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Miguel Azeez Nuts

StefanB

You never know how a player will perform until you give him a chance. Would like to see him against Oxford if he's fit and ready. Some players may surprise you.

Not saying Azeez will, but he has some very good qualities that the club are well aware of..

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Really wish people who haven't been monitoring his performances would refrain from the sweeping judgment. What exactly are we basing our opinion on? It's honestly harder sometimes for inexperienced players to shine on loan than it is at a parent club, especially for clubs at the wrong end of the table where managers are risk averse.
That is clearly a dig at me. Hopefully you've read all the discussion.

One person suggested we throw Sambi out and give Azeez a chance. I stated that clearly Sambi is ahead of Azeez otherwise Mikel would have kept him in the first place. Maybe you think Azeez offers more than Sambi during a title race?

Azeez was recalled after a lack of minutes at Portsmouth. It seems at Ibiza he also has spent a decent part of his time on the bench or not in the squad. He hasn't shone there. And while I agree that it can be difficult to be a star in a new team we have seen him have 2 loans and 2 recalls.

Are Arsenal getting it wrong in the clubs they send him to? Or is the step up to mens football too much for him?

Hes 20 now not like hes 17. Patino seems to be doing decent at Blackpool. Liverpools Elliott made 41 appearances for Blackburn being a fundamental part of their team before getting his chance in Liverpools first team. Mount, Tomori, Abraham all had successful loans before getting a chance at Chelsea.

Of course there are elite talents like Foden and Saka who get a chance in the first team based on what the coaches are seeing day in day out and they take them opportunities. Azeez clearly isn't that level.

Now maybe you can shed light on something that I don't know. I've only watched 1 of his Segunda league games this season against Gijon and he wasn't great. I didn't watch him at Portsmouth, but you don't always need to see something extensively with your own eyes to gauge how successful something has been.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The likes of him and Matt Smith really need to go elsewhere they won't get opportunities here .
I think the tough part is that the talents coming up are as good or better and they have to deliver. Matt Smith is done IMO, at no point have they even thought about giving him minutes, which is kinda sad but it is what it is.

With Azeez, I'd be more reluctant to give up as he has great natural ability but he's given me AMN vibes for a number of years and he doesn't even have the full back situation as an excuse, he just isn't consistent and strolls through games a lot. I've watched a lot of his games for Ibiza and while he had good games for them as the deepest midfielder, he's a guy who should be controlling/dominating games but plays like a passenger. I don't see him doing much at Arsenal if he continues to play like that and I never thought I'd be saying that about someone as talented as him at this time but footballs like that!

Patino is not as physically gifted and isn't much better technically but he has character and he fights. Lewis-Skelly is one to watch as the next 6/8 coming up as he had the fierce competitive type of game that I've longed for in an upcoming Arsenal midfielder since Wilshere.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
When we have Sambi and Elneny? Doubt Arteta would do that. Likely he'll either go on another loan or replace Matt Smith as the elder statesman in midfield for the U21s (which I would hate tbh, those minutes should be going to the likes of Myles Lewis-Skelly or Bradley Ibrahim, the former should already be a starter for the U21s tbh).

Azeez at full potential would make sense as Partey back-up but he isn't anywhere near the level I thought he'd be at by now with his ability. Think we just have to be a bit more picky about where we send him and what he's gonna be doing. He needs to be challenged IMO and I think we need to send him to the highest division team we can possibly send him to that absolutely needs a player of his type (6/8). Hard task.
His development has sadly stalled and I really thought he'd be the next big graduate. Elneny is trusted but not that useful and Sambi doesn't seem to be rated at all which is why I thought he'd get occasional minutes. As you say, the next loan is crucial but I'd still like to see him on Monday.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
His development has sadly stalled and I really thought he'd be the next big graduate. Elneny is trusted but not that useful and Sambi doesn't seem to be rated at all which is why I thought he'd get occasional minutes. As you say, the next loan is crucial but I'd still like to see him on Monday.
If he does play on Monday then he can't go back out on loan. Can't play for 3 teams in one season. If we play him, we have to use him. Last thing I want to see is him playing u21 football again. But if Arteta has both Sambi and Elneny, I know in my heart Azeez will never play.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
If he does play on Monday then he can't go back out on loan. Can't play for 3 teams in one season. If we play him, we have to use him. Last thing I want to see is him playing u21 football again. But if Arteta has both Sambi and Elneny, I know in my heart Azeez will never play.
Thanks. I forgot about being tied if he played for us. I hope a loan is sorted but I can't decide if he'd be better off with us

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Good debut off the bench at HT today. Mostly positive reception from fans, bar a couple who could "just tell he was lazy". The rest love him already. Looking forward to seeing him start in the Championship. Think this is the kind of challenge he's needed.
What's the competition like for a starting place?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Good debut off the bench at HT today. Mostly positive reception from fans, bar a couple who could "just tell he was lazy". The rest love him already. Looking forward to seeing him start in the Championship. Think this is the kind of challenge he's needed.
So some who never watched him cocked he is lazy in 45 mins

Latest posts

Top Bottom