• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Your attacks on Arteta don’t help when trying to converse with someone who is quite clearly heavily believing in Arteta.

You can’t lambast someone, expect a certain response, attack someone’s English language from said response, and then expect them to be nice to you?

Anyway, pretty pointless convo now given how well Mikel’s doing.
Don't expect drippin to be nice why would I, can't recall many instances of him behaving like a civilised adult on here.

And for the last time I didn't attack Arteta, I said the sycophants writing an article about him like he's the second coming of Christ. Even Messi got brought up as a defence lol, one guy unanimously considered the greatest ever who won everything vs a coach with 4 years experience and one FA Cup to his name.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

My initial post was replying to hairspray who responded to a post criticising the article "can we just appreciate how great Mikel is". That's when I responded:

There's not a single mention of what anyone "should" do despite you several times now lying for no reason claiming I did.
Okay, now I'm lying, when it's clear in your post what I'm talking about. :lol:
"No normal person rates someone who's being so blatantly canonised."
You attacked anyone who rates Arteta, after he is being blatantly praised in some articles. Can you understand this, or not?

I rate Arteta, even if he is being "canonised". I'm not stupid enough to let "canonising" affect my rating of managers or players.

And I really would assume you're not either. So why did you write it, and what did you really mean then?

It's "Arteta" who is being "canonised", not the journalist, or anyone else in your message.

It's really interesting how such simple things can be this hard.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Okay, now I'm lying, when it's clear in your post what I'm talking about. :lol:

You attacked anyone who rates Arteta, even if he is being blatantly praised in some articles. Can you understand this, or not?
Why would I understand this when I didn't say it :lol:

I said the common response elicited when a critical mind is faced with overflowing praise in the absence of any concrete reason for it is to become sceptical. It's not an attack on a) Arteta or b) you or anyone else who rates Arteta for whatever other reasons. It's only critical of c) the author of the article.

I said this several times and you keep responding I don't make sense when you clearly are yet to understand the point. I thought like normally you were just being difficult but I actually think there might be a language barrier here.

drippin

Why would I understand this when I didn't say it :lol:

I said the common response elicited when a critical mind is faced with overflowing praise in the absence of any concrete reason for it is to become sceptical. It's not an attack on a) Arteta or b) you or anyone else who rates Arteta for whatever other reasons. It's only critical of c) the author of the article.

I said this several times and you keep responding I don't make sense when you clearly are yet to understand the point. I thought like normally you were just being difficult but I actually think there might be a language barrier here.
Really read your sentence, and you can pinpoint why I'm wrong. What is the language barrier exactly?

You have to pinpoint it, because this is going nowhere.

It's your message, where you said no one is a normal person, who rates anyone who is being canonised. Most people rate others even if others praise them. They are not affected by the praise, as they have their own brains.

It really looks like it's your own language barrier at work.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Really read your sentence, and you can pinpoint why I'm wrong. What is the languange barrier exactly?

You have to pinpoint it, because this is going nowhere.

It's your message, where you said no one is a normal person, who rates anyone who is being canonised. Most people rate others even if others praise them. They are not affected by the praise, as they have their own brains.

It really looks like it's your own language barrier at work.
You don't even try to engage what I wrote at this point. I'll give you more instructions to pinpoint it, ignore all the stuff you just wrote, and read the post I wrote.

Why would it be my "own language barrier"? Did we arrive at "no you" level responses already?

drippin

You don't even try to engage what I wrote at this point. I'll give you more instructions to pinpoint it, ignore all the stuff you just wrote, and read the post I wrote.

Why would it be my "own language barrier"? Did we arrive at "no you" level responses already?
I really don't understand how it is this tough. If you would have explained it even a little in a sensible way, I would have said, "Okay, that's fine."

But no, this had to be some huge argument over nothing, because you made a mistake in your post, and started attacking me because of it, when I brought it up making no sense.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I really don't understand how it is this tough. If you would have explained it even a little in a sensible way, I would have said, "Okay, that's fine."

But no, this had to be some huge argument over nothing, because you made a mistake in your post, and started attacking me because of it, when I brought it up making no sense.
There's no mistake in my post, you simply didn't understand what I wrote despite my best efforts to explain it to you.

At least you're right that you created a huge argument over nothing.

drippin

There's no mistake in my post, you simply didn't understand what I wrote despite my best efforts to explain it to you.

At least you're right that you created a huge argument over nothing.
If so, you did not try to make me understand, but rather resorted to insults.

Which is interesting in itself. Happy Easter

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White

Struggling to think of a single instance on AM where you’ve acquiesced and said “ok that’s fine” tbh… well explained or not.

Fwiw I get what Jones is saying anyway - if you ignore the main characters since you’re clearly very emotionally attached to them here’s an example:

If someone came to you and started speeching all this profound sycophantic stuff about some new crypto coin would you be (a) skeptical or (b) accepting?

That’s basically all he’s saying - A lot, if not most people are probably wired to be suspicious whenever someone is too over the top effusive about anything. It has nothing to do with Arteta, although obv brother @jones and I stand on opposite sides of the fence when it comes to our manager.

Anyway that was a rhetorical question, I know exactly what your response will be (deny, reject, ask why I’m changing the subject to crypto when anyone with half a brain something something) - this is just for the benefit of anyone else who’s wondering what the heck is going on.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
If so, you did not try to make me understand, but rather resorted to insults.

Which is interesting in itself. Happy Easter
I didn't insult you, I just said your English is not great which I believe to be the case and that very few people here think you're normal which you've proven with this 5 page discussion on nothing.

Wasn't very polite but then again you don't go out of your way to be polite to anyone you disagree with either. Happy Easter 🐰🐣

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Big day for him and the players today.

A win sends a signal out to world football and I don’t believe we should just be settling for a draw as fans.

Let’s go for it.

fute

We stopped chasing City last year.

Undefeated against them this year.

We've shown we are the better side than Liverpool.

What more do you need to see?

Last year wasn't a fluke and it was ours for the taking. Inexperience was our downfall by the players and manager.

This year? Different story.

Again, what more do you need to see?

More football to go, but please, no more comparing us to City or "we are chasing City". They are not our standard.

As a wise man once said, "We've got bigger fish to fry". :lol:

Get it in your head now: The PL title is ours this year.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 30

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs who have had discussions with the entourage of Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [L’Equipe]

Arsenal are the front runners to sign Besiktas’ 18 year old striker Semih Kilicsoy, who scored 12 goals this season [HITC]

A deal for Bologna striker Joshua Zirkzee would involve a £13m commission for agent Kia Joorabchian [Football London]

Latest posts

Top Bottom