• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Bradpiff

Games like this is where you need a killer upfront.

We must get that right this summer. You come to the Etihad and you kill them with a moment of magic, in an otherwise tight game.
Pace as well it’s the main reason Sp**s and pool take regular points off city they are both quick on the counter.

While us if nelli don’t play it’s just so slow and if anyone gets clear they turn back

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
What I like about Arteta is he can be a Simeone regen against the big sides while being Wenger-lite against the smaller teams. No manager can effectively do both. He just needs some trophies to be really vindicated.
He's getting there. A proper talisman who can create a goal out of nothing and he just might win everything.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

We have gone from mid table to legitimately one of the best teams in the world within a handful of years. And this is a squad poised to only improve.

I’ve been quite open about the various working parts responsible for this phenomenal turn around (there are many).

However, it is far, far beyond a shadow of a doubt by now that Arteta deserves hell of a lot of credit for it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Big fan of T-Bag on comms saying about Mikel when we didn't get a clear foul... "Oh his head is going, his head's going"

...like Klopp and Pep don't turn into psychos when they don't get decisions, or even how Neville's old manager would be screaming at officials when he was in his 70s ffs :lol:

Love him, praying he wins something this season...it would piss off A-LOT of rival fans!

Bucephalus

I don't think anyone has done this to Pep defensively before or since Mourinho's masterclass with Inter. It's unbelievable.
For me, it's a compelling chess match between two managers who know each other well and know what to do. Now for any neutrals, it has to be utterly unwatchable. If we scrape by Bayern and they scrape by Real, a UN High Commission should step in and demand the tie go straight to penalties, because two more games of this would be a crime against humanity.

fute

He didn't look like a ball of nerves in the 2nd half like he can get at times.

Looked more intense and composed. He is growing and learning with each match.

Think the losing streak before the Christmas break and not being able to makes in the transfer January window did wonders for him.

Forced him to be resourceful with what he has in personnel and make some personnel/tactic changes.

Makes you realize buying and selling is only part of the equation.

Still gotta coach and develop that players you have on the roster as a manager.

He is doing a good job of it.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
For me, it's a compelling chess match between two managers who know each other well and know what to do. Now for any neutrals, it has to be utterly unwatchable. If we scrape by Bayern and they scrape by Real, a UN High Commission should step in and demand the tie go straight to penalties, because two more games of this would be a crime against humanity.
Yeah another 200 minutes of that would be the end of me.

Chess is good analogy as it can be split into positional chess and tactical chess. This was like watchinf Karpov, Keres or Petrosian going at it.

Both teams played very positional today and we saw almost zero room for tactics. If anything I think we manage some nicer combinations this game but all in all the teams nullified each other. City and Arsenal are best drilled teams in the world at the moment. Great game for football perverts to analyse and see how superior these sides are to any previous side in history of football.

For caveman brains who like simpler games full of errors you ca understand why they did not enjoy it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Mikel just installed the confidence in our team I really couldn't watch games against Liverpool or city away or even at Emirates because I know we gonna get bullied and get humiliated but things has changed specially last tow seasons I gone from not caring to looking forward to watch us against these teams so big credit to him.

The work he done he deserve a big trophy it's just unfortunate we competing against winners and experienced managers and top teams.

PrinzPoldi

Player:Havertz
The game itself was not entertaining, but the matchup of the tactics was masterclass.

No margin of error and we made it.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Came thru a big test today & the boys didn't crumble. Felt as tho he's put some belief into them compared to last year. Feels like against the bigger teams we go in with cojones.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Top Bottom