• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Fighting Until The End

Pop Tart

Established Member
Back to back away wins v Sp**s, something I don't think Arsène or Graham even done here... pretty impressive.

With our style of play and records we are also picking up, the only thing he really needs now are the trophies to be seen as a top manager.

Sadly those are the hardest and most important things to achieve, I will be backing him though!
cheesy antics from you again give it rest, helping no one on here

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arsène never. GG did 3 in a row.

Top manager was George, even did his penance after taking a bung by managing Sp**s for a bit even though he thought it was disgusting (heard he was the one who doesn't told Campbell to consider joining us too)

Forgive and forget that, is what I say!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I want to say a decade+, but it seems to much and I might be getting it mixed up with us finishing ahead of Tottenham for a really long time.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I mean, yes it's odd, but didn't we spend like a really long time without losing to them under Arsène?

Wenger went THE ENTIRE 00s decade without a league defeat against them, lol!

And their fans went mental when Poch went 3 seasons undefeated against us, with Arsène beating them 2 trophies to 0 in that time too...absolute losers 🤣

fute

Each game is hard. We took care of business and finished.

Props to Arteta. This team is answering the call. It is not going to be easy. It might not look pretty at times, but a W is W. And we are getting them.

3 games left. One match at a time.

IrishGooner93

Not criticising the team after a great result today and what's overall been a positive season but I've found it odd how often the team gets "dominated" in possession recently. More so this season than last and its been especially noticeable the last 2/3 months. Whereas the team would suffocate opponent's in their half and dominate the ball were getting out possessed in nearly every game now. Feels like a tactical change.

fute

Not criticising the team after a great result today and what's overall been a positive season but I've found it odd how often the team gets "dominated" in possession recently. More so this season than last and its been especially noticeable the last 2/3 months. Whereas the team would suffocate opponent's in their half and dominate the ball were getting out possessed in nearly every game now. Feels like a tactical change.

Feels like we are getting more W's.

We are starting our best playing 11 now at each position. That helps more than anything.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Probably a combination of the team needing to take more risks since the start of the new year after sterile possession resulted in terrible results and not scoring as well as fatigue creeping in and having more difficulty keeping the ball by winning 50/50s against fresher opponents.

IrishGooner93

Probably a combination of the team needing to take more risks since the start of the new year after sterile possession resulted in terrible results and not scoring as well as fatigue creeping in and having more difficulty keeping the ball by winning 50/50s against fresher opponents.
Definitely feel it's fatigue. The press is still good but doesn't seem as effective as before. Part of that is teams also setting up better in the build up to bypass our initial press.
I'd like to think indeed it is also a decision to take more risks cause the attack was indeed sterile and far to safe Like you said

littleboysilva

Yes, he does things that are frustrating, but you'll notice he is the only first-time manager on that list. He's doing a good job all things considered. You really can't fluke this.

His first-ever managerial job and he probably took over the worst team on this list. Honestly really impressive we can all criticize him but anyone who doesn't think he's the man for us going forwards is delusional.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
His first-ever managerial job and he probably took over the worst team on this list. Honestly really impressive we can all criticize him but anyone who doesn't think he's the man for us going forwards is delusional.
Well I'm not old enough to remember what the United team Fergie inherited looked like but he definitely had the most spending power at that time. Mourinho inherited a very good Chelsea team and then had Roman's money to spend. Pep we all know 115 reasons for him being on there. Klopp and Arsène both inherited teams that had multiple World Class players that had also either contended or won a title in the couple of years prior, so all things considered, Arteta probably did inherit the worst squad relative to what he could spend to fix it compared to who he's trying to compete with.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
His record against the biggest teams in the league this season is genuinely incredible. 5 wins and 4 draws, 0 defeats.

At this point it's hard to point out anything wrong. Maybe the European record but you had a decent showing this season albeit it could/maybe should have been better but you're also a team full of fairly inexperienced players in terms of continental football. I still respect the people who dislike the football and maybe don't like his attitude etc but his body of work is getting better and better, especially considering how little time he's been in the role, and you can see how the criticism on here has gotten less and less intense.

fute

His record against the biggest teams in the league this season is genuinely incredible. 5 wins and 4 draws, 0 defeats.

At this point it's hard to point out anything wrong. Maybe the European record but you had a decent showing this season albeit it could/maybe should have been better but you're also a team full of fairly inexperienced players in terms of continental football. I still respect the people who dislike the football and maybe don't like his attitude etc but his body of work is getting better and better, especially considering how little time he's been in the role, and you can see how the criticism on here has gotten less and less intense.

Is Moyes coming back next year?

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom