• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Black Noir

St James Park, we could have been at that stadium for hours and we still wouldn't have created big chance, let alone score a goal.

Whereas Villa Park we were better than Villa but not clinical enough.

Stamford Bridge we were horrific for 70 minutes of the game.

Anfield and Etihad, we could have been more braver. Set piece goal aside at Anfield, I don't remember us doing anything else afterwards and Etihad we were cowards, they had no Walker/Stones and Ake got injured.

European away games, Arteta still doesn't understand European tempo, whether Europa league/UCL Porto away (0 shots on target), Allianz (handbrake on, de ligt/dier unfazed, no chances created) in our recent knockout games.

Our team is not equipped for European football as it stands, we're lacking so many profiles to make us competitive in big away games, no pacey outlet, no transition threat, no traditional fullbacks who can defend/attack (inversion does not work), clinical bagsman, no moments/individual brilliance player other than Jesus who has dodgy knees and is erratic and perhaps Saka on his day, etc.. Havertz in Midfield, our so called 'world class' CB's became bozos in the knockout ucl games, look at Saliba vs Porto h/A and Bayern (H) and look at Gabriel in Bayern H/A game and still question marks on our GK situation.

Yes, this UCL campaign was a disappointment.

I wonder what approach Arteta will take next season in big away games in the league and in Europe regarding recruitment.
Love that you are not a fanboy , of any player in the squad 😂.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Best part of the Lehmann interview...

‘If you have a good, brave English keeper at a big English club doing well and then you bring in a Spanish guy who has never played for a big club at that level – it just doesn’t make sense."

...I genuinely feel he's just talking about Almunia here and has transferred his anger onto Raya, guarantee if that interview went longer we would have just started calling him Manuel lol!

I think Almunia has ruined any respect Jens has for Spanish keepers 😅

El Realista

I don't know, man.

We've played well enough to win the league this year.

Yeah, he is risk aversive to a degree ,but outside of maybe the City away game, don't really see it.
Isn't it what he is saying? We have played good football but not enough to win the league which is probably going to happen because exactly what He is saying. Don't believe me but the guy who played for us with courage.

fute

Isn't it what he is saying? We have played good football but not enough to win the league which is probably going to happen because exactly what He is saying. Don't believe me but the guy who played for us with courage.

He doesn't want Ramsdale benched. Baffles his mind.

So yeah, I don't believe you. I believe him.

And he is right. If you don't want to be cautious, you certainly don't bench Ramsdale.

El Realista

He doesn't want Ramsdale benched. Baffles his mind.

So yeah, I don't believe you. I believe him.

And he is right. If you don't want to be cautious, you certainly don't bench Ramsdale.
I don't like Raya. Indeed I hated every GK decision Arteta has made since he didn't keep Martínez.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

‘If you have a good, brave English keeper at a big English club doing well and then you bring in a Spanish guy who has never played for a big club at that level – it just doesn’t make sense."

...I genuinely feel he's just talking about Almunia here and has transferred his anger onto Raya, guarantee if that interview went longer we would have just started calling him Manuel lol!

All rubbish since Zubizarreta

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

If Jens didn't rate Almunia, he shouldn't have gotten himself sent off like an idiot in the biggest game of his career and forced his club to play down a man for most of the match. We win the CL 11v11 with Super Bobby and a GK with working hands. This guy should just shut up now.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I gotta say, his expertise on English football is second to none. I get why Pep hired him as his assistant when he was fresh to the league. I don't think he's exaggerating about his football consumption.
I feel sorry for his wife 😭

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom