• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Newcaaaastle lose to Spuds

Alexone234

A freak own goal from O'Brian settles a close tie, giving Spuds a one nil win.

I hope Charlton get that forth spot.

Eastrek

They deserve it :-D
imagine....
Champions League 2004/05 Group E
Real Madrid v Charlton Athletic

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I agree. Even if we win the treble Curbishley should share the manager of the year award with AW if Charlton finish 4th.

weelip

Newcastle has been on off this season....tink their midweek UEFA cup challenges has been a distraction....no doubt about it....tiredness is clearly a factor

I like charlton....they have always been hard to beat ever since they were promoted and now they are slowly becoming a force to be reckon with....had they had Scott Parker....they might have pulled away from the likes of pool and newcastle...leaving them to fight for the UEFA cup's slot

I really hope they get the forth slot....will be a shot in the arm for them...also shows people that wif the rite management, small clubs can reach for the moon too...time for the other "smaller" clubs to start upsetting the so called "Big Five" clubs....wif the exception of Arsenal of course

kNiteMare

Alan Curbishley is a great manager no doubt. Like to see him make Charlton a force to be reckoned. Up come the era when football will be dominated by London's teams.

Aussie

Established Member
kNiteMare said:
Alan Curbishley is a great manager no doubt. Like to see him make Charlton a force to be reckoned. Up come the era when football will be dominated by London's teams.

Im afraid all London teams well never all be good. Remember this really ****ty club called Tottenham comes from london.

vin de guerre

Aussie said:
kNiteMare said:

Im afraid all London teams well never all be good. Remember this really ****ty club called Tottenham comes from london.

I heard that there is a new FA bye-law that states that any EPL club based in London who do not come up to scratch on a season in, season out basis must be relocated to Milton Keynes!

Aussie

Established Member
If Charlton make it they deserve it. They are just as good as liverpool or newcastle on current form.

lewdikris

Established Member
Well, Celta Vigo and Real Sociedad made it this year ... and they weren't bad.

Don't bank against Villa making it to 4th - they're in good form, and Solano's the bargain of the season. Realistically, any of Villa, Liverpool, Fulham, Charlton and Newcastle could make it - and none of them are good enough to sustain a run of form to stretch away. Could be down to last day of the season luck of the draw...

Aussie

Established Member
lewdikris said:
Well, Celta Vigo and Real Sociedad made it this year ... and they weren't bad.

Don't bank against Villa making it to 4th - they're in good form, and Solano's the bargain of the season. Realistically, any of Villa, Liverpool, Fulham, Charlton and Newcastle could make it - and none of them are good enough to sustain a run of form to stretch away. Could be down to last day of the season luck of the draw...

I hope Liverpool and Newcastle dont get auctually as they are the ones who have the bigger budgets and even if they did make the way there side is playing i dont think they would make an impact. As you said about 5 teams can make it and it will be very close as all of those teams will loose a few games still.

All i can say is go Charlton.

Senght

Ill want Newcastke to be in it. Pool is out of it after the loss against Saints. Owen is terrible. Newcastle has a fantastic squad IMO and plays attractive football. Just what we need in the CL.

Aussie

Established Member
Senght said:
Ill want Newcastke to be in it. Pool is out of it after the loss against Saints. Owen is terrible. Newcastle has a fantastic squad IMO and plays attractive football. Just what we need in the CL.

How did owen miss that chance from about 1m out :?:

His penalty was shocking you could see where it was going form a mile away.

kNiteMare

you forgot to add Burmingham lewdikris. Tho i cannot see how well they will fare next year if they lost Forsell.

Aussie

Established Member
Forsell wont go back to chelski he hasnt a future there with the amount of strikers they have.

kNiteMare

You never know. He performs superbly this season on such a low scoring team. Chelsea may want him back to rotate or put his prices up to the point which Birmingham cannot afford. Either way Burmingham loses out.

satan_beckham

my guess is that forsell will stay at chelsea and rot there in their reserve...they can afford to do anything and they would rather not see forsell with their rivals in the EPL,unless its a oversea club coming to buy him,doubt he will leave chelsea for a EPL club

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 27

Arsenal are considering a loan move for Barcelona striker Victor Roque [Sport]

Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton and Crystal Palace are in the race to sign Emile Smith Rowe [TeamTalk]

Fabio Vieira could leave the club if the club receives a “good proposal” [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal, Man Utd and PSG are the favourites to land 18 year old attacker Désiré Doué. Rennes want €40m after turning down half that from Leverkusen in January. [RMC]

Newcastle’s interest in Aaron Ramsdale has cooled as they view the £30m asking price as too high [Craig Hope - Daily Mail]

Latest posts

Top Bottom