• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: Saint Nic Is Back

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Ian Wright was absolutely spot on about him in the pregame program.

He said that Arsenal are too slow in the build-up so he will always have two guys marking him and loses the ball.
No man, don't do this. Why would we listen to Ian Wright or use some common sense when there are so many AM experts here knowing everything about football and life. One footed, can't dribble, should ride the bench, should be a goalkeeper, 70m flop... Simple and stupid, that's how we like it here.

Aside from that, I think ESR not passing to Pepe who was in a much better position sums up everything. The team simply doesn't know what to do or how to attack. It happens so often that you would expect ESR to learn it by now just by watching replays. Wenger would've made a player from ESR, he was always teaching players this kind of stuff. This was just a dead obvious example that you could've seen by watching the live game, but there were probably over a dozen things you could find by watching the replay and analyzing it.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
ESR, Saka, Ødegaard, Tierney and even Tomiyasu were far worse last night but everyone camps here. :lol:
It's just different names every week. Players still struggle to understand what we are trying to play. We park the bus for 50 min, then suddenly we play a high line for 20 min; we don't press but a couple of players will decide to do it so they end up chasing while others watch; we play it from the back but a couple of players think they are better than Fabregas so they are losing the ball playing long range passes from the back. It's just a comedy of coaching.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He is nothing like the player I thought we were getting. Loses the ball at least 30 times a game.

Never seems to have time on the ball. A sign of a poor footballing brain.

I was so excited when we signed him, but it's my own fault. Enamoured by compilation videos isn't usually me, but his was a good one. No I don't watch lille.

He's off balance, awkward, slow to make decisions, rotates on the spot and slows down attacks, and his assist is a case of "even a broken clock".

There will not be a successful arsenal team in which he is regularly starting. Carabao Cup player.

Exactly. He's slow and not very intelligent in the attacking phase of play. You really aren't effective as a winger with those attributes. We NEEDED a winger in the summer but everyone told me that we were okay in that area. Why are we relying on wing-backs to attack? Why are our players out of position?

I’d love to see you guys in some of the other threads, working out why ESR can’t make simple passes, or discussing why Saka has been crap outside of Sp**s.

Has Ødegaard had a good game yet this season?
Has Partey been worth the transfer fee so far?
What’s happened to Tierney?

But nope let’s all slag off Pepe.

Absolute rubbish I read here all the time.

OSBK

Established Member
I just dont understand this player. The ball is played into him and he is balancing on 1 leg turned the other way and trying to trap a ball with his big toe.

IstraBalagina

Ian Wright was absolutely spot on about him in the pregame program.

He said that Arsenal are too slow in the build-up so he will always have two guys marking him and loses the ball.

He wanted then to pass to him early so he could have a run at the defense.
So he's Ian Right ?

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
I’d love to see you guys in some of the other threads, working out why ESR can’t make simple passes, or discussing why Saka has been crap outside of Sp**s.

Has Ødegaard had a good game yet this season?
Has Partey been worth the transfer fee so far?
What’s happened to Tierney?

But nope let’s all slag off Pepe.

Absolute rubbish I read here all the time.
No need to get sensitive. If you bothered to do your research you’d know that Pepe isn’t the only player getting criticised on here.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
ESR, Saka, Ødegaard, Tierney and even Tomiyasu were far worse last night but everyone camps here. :lol:
Was at the game, I really focused on Pepe. Do not agree with this at all. Saka had a better game, agree the others you mentioned were poor - but Pepe was equally as bad as them, no way were they ‘far worse’.

Pretty sad to see a fair few sections of the crowd turn on him. He was really copping some insults from all over the ground. If you watch 2nd half again look at East Stand lower tier front rows in line with the Palace penalty box every time Pepe screws something up in the second half. Savage. Right in his face.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
🥱 if you did your research you’d see certain guys threads aren’t even bumped yet. Here all of you are though, typical.
Partey, Ødegaard and Tierney have all had their threads bumped since yesterday. Saka played half a game and ESR has had a better season than Pepe.

You’re getting touchy for no reason. Pepe is not exempt from criticism.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
All these guys we tend to talk up are majorly flawed anyway.

Tierney looks pathetic right now, barely midtable standard. Sick of his panicky bullshit and lack of disguise in his passing.

Partey is unreliable. He WILL give the ball away in a brain-dead manner, every game.

Saka has been playing like **** all season so far.

Ødegaard is a nothing player. People talk up his technical ability but when we feed him the ball in congested positions high up the pitch he can't trap it or link it to an attacker at all. So what's the ****ing point in him?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Why not go to the game focus this hard on players you actually like you weirdo.

Was watching him closely to see if he was doing stuff off the ball you don’t see on TV to see if people have been unduly harsh on him. But to be frank, he looks checked out mentally. It was also not pleasant to see the abuse he got, I can assure you I took no pleasure in that.

Have a great day fellow Arsenal fan. God bless you. I hope your insults towards me help you find mental peace. :lol:

chessygoal

Didn't we see it all already? Laca on the bench, Pepe on the bench, ESR on the bench, Auba on the bench... You guys barely know how to wipe your nose so I don't even have high expectations from you to understand anything more than "let him ride the bench"
Ok kiddo, it's a Pepe thread not an Arteta thread, I've been head of Pepe defence League from DAY 1, I'm the one who created the goalkeeper myth. So when I say that he has been ****, I have good reason for it and you might want to listen to MAYBE learn something for once.
His second half was disgraceful for an Arsenal player, his mouvement was systematically out of sync, he kept asking for the ball while being static, he stopped tracking back and pressing with any intensity, and proposed nothing in build up play.
This second half is the worst I've seen from Pepe for a while and it pains me to say that each time he needs to perform to get a spot in the team, he fails to deliver.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I feel sorry for the guy tbh, the club screwed him at the very beginning by spending 72 million on him & he is never gonna come close to living upto that price tag. It’s not his fault by any means but it’s natural for people to expect much more from him than hale end players

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Pepe is not the problem at the moment. We should be focusing on the fact Saka is being overplayed, ESR not doing the basics right because he's greedy and Tierney suffering from lack of form.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I feel sorry for the guy tbh, the club screwed him at the very beginning by spending 72 million on him & he is never gonna come close to living upto that price tag. It’s not his fault by any means but it’s natural for people to expect much more from him than hale end players
Who was the last player who did it? Sancho, Havertz, Werner, Coutinho, Dembele, Hazard, Jovic? There's only a couple of players in the world who will be able to justify that price tag, and none of them will ever consider joining Arsenal. Shame we can't accept that we have a very good player on our books without putting him down because of the money invested.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Ok kiddo, it's a Pepe thread not an Arteta thread, I've been head of Pepe defence League from DAY 1, I'm the one who created the goalkeeper myth. So when I say that he has been ****, I have good reason for it and you might want to listen to MAYBE learn something for once.
His second half was disgraceful for an Arsenal player, his mouvement was systematically out of sync, he kept asking for the ball while being static, he stopped tracking back and pressing with any intensity, and proposed nothing in build up play.
This second half is the worst I've seen from Pepe for a while and it pains me to say that each time he needs to perform to get a spot in the team, he fails to deliver.
One of us has to learn something, it's either me who has to learn that "he should ride the bench" or it would be you who needs to understand that it's not a coincidence that all of our players are just ****e at the same time, and we have some very good players constantly underperforming.

Pepe on his bad day still sets up a goal, and there's only a couple of players in the league who will make a shot like that from that angle.

The rest of your comment is pure garbage, there were so many times he would make a run this season but midfielders would ignore him (ESR was the obvious one), but you still come up to say he is being static. He was tracking back constantly but you still come up with rubbish that he doesn't. The team as a whole doesn't press but you still pick him for some reason.

I agree with one thing with you, he didn't offer much in the build up, but I knew that since day one and you still struggle to understand him as a player after 2 years of watching him.

You and some other guys come here frustrated from Artetaball and our poor results and Pepe is always your go to guy to release your frustration without using your brain for 2 seconds. Some of you lot come here to stink the place even when he is on the bench, just because you are frustrated. I'm frustrated as well, I could go on now and write ****e about Auba, Ode, Partey, ESR, Lokonga, or whoever, they were all dreadful, but it's just pointless and wrong. Unless you can't find a connection there, there's not much to talk to you about I'm afraid

Latest posts

Top Bottom