• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

One Man Team?

IW8

I'm listening to the Man City v Man U game and Fowler has just scored. If City get a point from this game will we hear more about how Utd's season changed when Ferdinand missed the drug test? If so surely we have more grounds to call them a One Man Team than they have over us?

The Mini

I sort of agree. Their defence is a one man team, Ferdinand. Their attack is detached from that. Maybe that's a problem for them, thier team is of 2 halves: Defence and Attack. It needs to act like one team. Arsenal have strikers sprinting back to retrieve balls they've lost

Mark

Established Member
Their defence is struggling at the moment but I wouldn't say they're a one man defence. Silvestre has been good this season and Gary Neville, despite the stick he gets, is also a good defender. Our defence has been a lot better this season though. Significant improvement by Lauren, Cole, Campbell and Toure and Cygan as well when he's been needed.

IW8

hesham said:
what goal waz that iw8 against sunderland??

:?:

I personally don't think Man Utd are a one man team, just as I KNOW that Arsenal aren't. But Fergie and the press have had a lot of mileage from the accusation, that we're nothing without TH14. However, they keep putting Man U's poor performances down to losing Rio Ferdinand, without saying Man U are a one man team. I don't get it.

Arjan

IW8 said:
hesham said:
what goal waz that iw8 against sunderland??

:?:

I personally don't think Man Utd are a one man team, just as I KNOW that Arsenal aren't. But Fergie and the press have had a lot of mileage from the accusation, that we're nothing without TH14. However, they keep putting Man U's poor performances down to losing Rio Ferdinand, without saying Man U are a one man team. I don't get it.

I think they mostly lost confidence: Look at the Sinclair goal! Silvestre does not make those mistakes, it is not up to Ferdinand, they just feel the world is against them and they are adrift, just like arsenal was last year. You lose momentum and every minor detail becomes huge!

JazzG

Established Member
Arjan said:
I think they mostly lost confidence: Look at the Sinclair goal! Silvestre does not make those mistakes, it is not up to Ferdinand, they just feel the world is against them and they are adrift, just like arsenal was last year. You lose momentum and every minor detail becomes huge!

Summed it up perfectly there.

Jinn

Established Member
Their makeshift defence now reminds me of our defence at this time last year for the Blackburn game:

Lauren, Cygan, Gilberto, Van Bronkhorst

Hardly imposing is it?

Alexone234

Its mroe than that though. Rio is the only experienced CB. Silverstre is a LB. I think that if United get another quality CB they might get that second spot back again.

Jinn

Established Member
A bit late for that now. Instead of signing Saha, they should have gotten a CB.

Mark

Established Member
Silvestre is not really a LB, he can play there but he prefers playing CB which is why he moved there this year.

I'm surprised the mancs got Saha instead of a CB, but that's up to them. :lol:

A

Anonymous

The interesting is, both Saha and RVN are in the top 4 for the golden boot.

So it is their defence that's ****e.

Shirley

Althugh MU lost, I don't think Man City is stronger. They won because MU was not in the best form.

The biggest problem of MU lies in their defence.

Man U have some good players, there recent form can not be put down to the absence of one player. What about Keane, Van Diver boy and the rest. Arsenal are just to good for them this season!

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom