• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: Arsenal 2 - 2 Crystal Palace | Monday, 18th October | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicago_Gunner

I'm on the train home from the game really asking myself why I spend so much to watch this club go through the motions.

Spent 25 minutes beforehand trying to buy a ****ty £12 burger, only for the guy to drop it, then tell me he couldn't replace it, so he gave me a chicken one instead, scratched his Willie through his trousers and handed it to me.

Straight in the bin, and still better than the 90 minutes that followed.
Literally have me laughing my ass off by this. Probably the funniest thing I’ve ever read on here

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

**** culture in England. A ref doesn’t give the red card for something so obvious as the assault on Saka here in Holland, he’s officiating games in the 4th league for a month. Papers tear into him, pundits discuss it over and over, questions are asked to referee leadership. England nothing, Mike Dean will be given another PL game next weekend. Disgusting.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Our team is basically new and I'm expecting we going to drop points until this team settle but Arteta will not win fans our only good performance this season is against Sp**s the others are just play well for 15 minutes be s**t and wasteful for 75 minutes.

The players will also like to have more freedom to play thier game and try to attack more.
Lol that’s such a terrible excuse. Most of the starting 11 has played under Arteta since he took over. Arteta isn’t good enough.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Lol just saw the challenge on saka, not even angry, it’s just funny at this point the decisions we get.

That’s a textbook example though of how refs adjudicate by spreadsheet instead of with their eyes. Studs showing or two footed, or a flick on the face, straight red no questions, even if it wasn’t actually that dangerous. But you can literally shellack a guy in the leg as long as you do it with your laces.

Tomb Bombadil

Another meewh performance. A draw is a fair result in the end. Both teams had good phases in the game but neither was that good to earn more than a point.

But the "process" doesn't look so good. Still no clear gameplan. Still not playing good for more than a short period of time. And also the players making too many easy mistakes.

I think no player had a really good performance. I liked the effort from Auba, Laca and ESR. I thought the worst signing we made was Ramsdale but he looks really good especially on the ball. But Odegarrd was not really up to it, Partey and Lokonga with the mistakes for the goal, Party with some more loose balls, White's defendig was too passive, too many lost balls.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
When you're a young team stuff like McArthur not getting a red and a youngster making uneccesary mistake will cost you dearly.

I don't trust Arteta and his process but I do like we're playing young talented guys. I've come to terms with the fact we're clearly building for the future and that we're far far away from any immediate success.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We had such a young team. CP players were all older around 30 years old. With a relatively inexperienced manager.

Should have run rings around them!

I thought they were out of gas after 60 minutes but we did not press them.

mpower2540

All kids, our defenders are all under 25.
We put our money on kids, this is what you get.
inexperienced football, we are a coin in the air, that's what I am trying to say. It can go well, but you are going to drop points.
today we dropped points because of our lack of a senior midfielder next to Partey.
We’ve also paid a premium for a lot of these young talents while asking them to play advanced calculus when they’re probably at GCSE level. We’re going to kill their development which is just unforgivable.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

On a different note, I thought appointing Vieira was a risky move by Palace, but he seems to be getting on fine so far. It's was a risky move by him as well. Their squad isn't exactly full of exciting material.

Nostalgic to see his reception.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I agree but today it was individual errors that cost us.
Having said that you must give Palace credit for forcing the errors.
Its a tough league, Brentford battered Chelsea for large parts of the game at the weekend but didnt get the result they deserved. Chelsea are way ahead of us.
That's true but also we should have ended the game before even we made these mistakes that's the problem with us we just not killing games and we drop off after scoring.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Lol that’s such a terrible excuse. Most of the starting 11 has played under Arteta since he took over. Arteta isn’t good enough.
Not using it as excuse and i did say Arteta not helping his case with his strict system. when things going our way like yesterday there was no reason to drop off from the 20th minute and he didn't fix it until 2nd half. When i say the team is new i mean by that they haven't settled yet as team specially our back line.

Tom Mix

Not using it as excuse and i did say Arteta not helping his case with his strict system. when things going our way like yesterday there was no reason to drop off from the 20th minute and he didn't fix it until 2nd half. When i say the team is new i mean by that they haven't settled yet as team specially our back line.
One thing I don't get: he spends the entire game shouting at the players and directing them from the touchline, we go all defensive after about 12 minutes and he then says we dropped off to much. What the hell was he shouting for those 33 minutes if not "keep a higher line" or some such?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
One thing I don't get: he spends the entire game shouting at the players and directing them from the touchline, we go all defensive after about 12 minutes and he then says we dropped off to much. What the hell was he shouting for those 33 minutes if not "keep a higher line" or some such?
Players are not getting his messages it's clear it happening every game now the system is too strict and each one has job to do and there little freedom until he be less strict more direct and create fluidity I'm afraid these kind of games will keep happening and eventually will cost him a job

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

**** culture in England. A ref doesn’t give the red card for something so obvious as the assault on Saka here in Holland, he’s officiating games in the 4th league for a month. Papers tear into him, pundits discuss it over and over, questions are asked to referee leadership. England nothing, Mike Dean will be given another PL game next weekend. Disgusting.
This! Problem is just what you write! Mike Dean will move on and nothing will come out of it. He saw the challenge and deemed it a yellow! Just boggles the mind, doesn't it? And there will be now reaction from anyone. Just on the gravy train goes...

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Getting up early in the morning to watch the game here, except for our final 20 minutes & before our 1st goal that certainly wasn't worth getting up early for unfortunately. Straight after we scored our goal we just seemed to go straight to bed & just wanted to keep the 1-0 lead it seemed for the game unfortunately.

I have so much respect for Viera & it just seemed to me like Viera may be that much of a better & more passionate manager for us then Arteta is after watching that. What he said about us after the game was great too.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Maybe I should stop supporting Roma and return to supporting Arsenal and Xhaka again. When did Xhaka get injured when I was supporting him? Never. Time to review my support actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom