• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Brentford 2 - 0 Arsenal | Friday, August 13 | KO: 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Brentford

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 33 21.6%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 74 48.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The pass map doesn't look bad but it's just depressing how are we bad going forward look like we have an idea but can't excute nothing

Frustratedgunner

CHE, mcy, NOR, bur, TOT.

Only confident about the Norwich game. A loss to Sp**s and it could be curtains for Mikel. I'm not sure where we'd go though, shouts for Conte but he seems similar to Mikel in the sense of structure, discipline and falling out with players.
Conte is a proven winner. Which is exactly what the team needs. He's also highly experiences. He was very quick to change tactics at Chelsea when he seen it wasn't working. He also turned Alonso and Victor Moses into top PL players. It takes a good manager to do that.

Box2Box

To be honest that was a penalty on Balogun for me. But we just have to somehow accept we’ll never get those calls. We never have and never will.
The new interpretation of the rules that Neville was cracking on about won't been seen for the rest of the season and certainly not if one of our players brings someone down like that.

Kysus

Martinelli Bolagun almost not involved yesterday. And of course look how deep Chambers is he never was involved offensively buying RB who as good as Tierney is vital
Pepe is our most dangerous attacker but we leave him isolated against 3 men all the time.

He battled hard but that set-up made it impossible for him to succeed

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Pepe is our most dangerous attacker but we leave him isolated against 3 men all the time.

He battled hard but that set-up made it impossible for him to succeed
Agree Brentford put 2 men against him always and Chambers didn't overlap and the players around him didn't move much it was struggle for him

Quiet Ninja

I'm sure this has been discussed already, but any theories as to what the deal with Lacazette, Auba and Runarsson is? fotball.london reporting that they might be out for Chelsea on Sunday as well. Covid, or even worse, did they turn up too late?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Didn’t watch the match but wasn’t surprised by the result. Newly promoted teams always put on this kind of performance at the start of a new season. Everybody has been saying play the kids, though… They played. Hm.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Martinelli Bolagun almost not involved yesterday. And of course look how deep Chambers is he never was involved offensively buying RB who as good as Tierney is vital
Been saying this since last season. Hakimi was it but PSG came calling. It doesn’t seem like that obvious right back candidate is available who would up our game like Tierney has on the left.

Can’t just keep going down the left.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Been saying this since last season. Hakimi was it but PSG came calling. It doesn’t seem like that obvious right back candidate is available who would up our game like Tierney has on the left.

Can’t just keep going down the left.
The creating shouldn't be only Tierney its was easy to defend against

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Look at Utd attack ffs. Players have freedom, they are moving, interchanging attacking both through the middle and out side. Its so simple. Arteta is overcomplicating things. He's a dictator.
Or simply they have quality we don't do we have Bruno and pogba they running things. You can say Leeds have more freedom than us because Bielsa have gave them freedom

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Or simply they have quality we don't do we have Bruno and pogba they running things. You can say Leeds have more freedom than us because Bielsa have gave them freedom
Its nothing to do with quality. We have quality too, but look at how we attack. 3 players LW, 3 players RW, work a crossing opportunity to one player in the box. Nothing through the middle.

The one time we attacked through the middle yesterday, ESR could have scored.

jay-d

Established Member
This obsession with attacking through KT3 is absurd. It's a great option to have but seriously basing our attack on a defender in weird AF.
I'm pretty sure Arteta has a picture in his head but his non negotiable idealistic nature is just not realistic. It doesn't translate on to the pitch and I hope he realizes that before he loses his job.

Gursha

Things that sums up This new Arsenal side for years for me -

Nelson - a young talent starving to prove himself, gets the ball on the right end side, getting closed down by one of the defenders, keeps the ball with nice footwork, but then what happens? the defender keeps pushing, nelson trying to keep it but is almost seems surprised by the intensity, in the end he loses the battle and jogs on behind him.

A youngster, starving for opportunities... he shouldve died protecting that ball, ended up at least with a foul... but i swear it looked like he was like "wow wow man chill i did a skill and kept the ball why you keep coming back"

The quality in execution we currently have in the team is in an all time low. nothing is accurate - crosses, through balls, long balls, everything either over hit or under hit, the control is slightly off inviting pressure, the pass is a second late or not attempted at all.

Seriously i feel so down....

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
This is it. They aren't actually good. When Norwich and Leeds played Liverpool in the opening day, they both played good football, they scored good goals.

Brentford looked like a Championship team. Honestly, there were soo many gaps to exploit if our players were allowed to play with freedom. Any half decent attack will score a few vs Brentford.

What gives you this impression the players don't have freedom? Seems like you are making stuff up here with no basis..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom