• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Newcastle United v Arsenal | Sunday, May 2 | KO: 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

We may not be making Europe via the PL next year but I've just checked the table, at least I can say officially that we are out of the relegation risk mathematically now, may have been for a few weeks but it's the 1st time I've checked the table for a bit. I still don't think we are on the maximum amount of points we should be on due to some stupid results.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
With the consequences it would have on the PL the fabric of the country is in danger tbf

🤣 🤣 🤣 we're aware what a famine is, right? when hundreds of thousands of people die from literal hunger...not when football clubs play in different competitions.

Nevile: "They tried to kill us, they tried to murder us to death, they tried to stab our aortic artery until we bled to death on the floor, Dave, and we can't let them get away with it"

Dave: "Right, Gary"

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If Everton could have at least beat Villa yesterday, we could've been at least clear off them and that gimp Martinez.

After we were so gracious to let them beat us last week, this is how they repay us...glad they won't be getting Champions League!

CountChocula

There was a period like 20m from the end of the game where we were just passing the ball around so quickly and with urgency to play it forward. Ødegaard was at the centre of this.

Why can’t we do that more often ? It’s mandatory for our style / set up to work properly.
That was when Newcastle was trying to up the tempo and press us higher the pitch, but they were awful. We broke out and it led to a few opportunities like that. I agree we should do it more often, but the problems are: we're not good enough to do it consistently vs better teams like City and Pool, and the lower ranked teams tend to sit back to hit us on the counter anyways.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Bruce doesn’t think it was a red card, says “you can’t tackle anyone anymore”

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Newcastle was trying to up the tempo and press us higher the pitch, but they were unsuccessful. We broke out and it led to a few opportunities like that. I agree we should do it more often, but the problems are: we're not good enough to do it consistently vs better teams like City and Pool, and the lower ranked teams tend to sit back to hit us on the counter.
But even if you play it quickly against a parked bus you find more gaps as you drag people around. Ødegaard was doing these quick passes in quite advanced positions. If we can get players like ESR, Ødegaard, Partey etc to move it quickly in the middle third we can cause more damage. And yeah I agree with the Liverpool City thing but on the other hand we have a lot of creativity in this squad these days. The attacking midfield trio of Ødegaard ESR and Saka should be able to eventually take it to bigger sides if we nurture them (we may not keep Ode ofc).

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Just 14 voted Arsenal win? What a miserable forum

They voted that way because they thought for real that Newcastle is going to win. In their four previous matches they won against West Ham and Burnley, equalized vs Liverpool and Tottenham. Great game by Arsenal as Bruce admitted himself. But the usual suspects here wont admit it.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Sky aren't gonna be happy with Souness laying out Sky's involvement in the development of the ESL, although his other opinions are just weird. If he thinks Abramovich is in it cos he's a "football nut" I don't think he's been paying attention the last 30 years

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Also his support of the Glazers was weird. Said they improved the stadium? Old Trafford's a tip! The roof leaks!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Everton and Fulham showed same effort like Newcastle today the only difference is us not being ruthless last 3 league games we faced like total 4 shots on target that's impressive stat no matter the opposition. But of course we didn't take advantage and we all know where the problems are.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Bruce doesn’t think it was a red card, says “you can’t tackle anyone anymore”
Plus he said that you need to be allowed to rough up Arsenal. Couldn't believe my ears when I heard him say something to that effect.

If that studs up tackle from behind isn't a red, then what is? It caused Martinelli's legs to go out under him and it was pure luck that his knees or ankles didn't get hurt. Listing to one of the match commentators on NBC he was of the view as Martinelli hadn't gotten seriously injured it wasn't a red. So tired of our players being fair game in match after match. Too many British commentators and referees grew up on admiring cheap shot ****s like Scholes and Robbie Keane. Keane the worst of them, just such a piece of no good ****!

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
They voted that way because they thought for real that Newcastle is going to win. In their four previous matches they won against West Ham and Burnley, equalized vs Liverpool and Tottenham. Great game by Arsenal as Bruce admitted himself. But the usual suspects here wont admit it.
Can't tell what your stance is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom